- 10 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Graham Slee Voyager portable headphone amp Last post on 1/31/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread Last post on 2/3/17 at 4:19am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Voyager or arrow 3G which one is magical?? Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread) - Page 5post #61 of 7112/30/12 at 4:21pmI think the 555's sound just right with the contour switch on, where as my DT 770's sound better with it off.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 717/14/13 at 7:51am
Great Amp. Full of power. Is this the destiny of the small independent maker just to have a bit of initial interest and fade away. If it does it's a terrible shame because this is, although a little eccentric looking is a great amp.post #63 of 717/14/13 at 8:04am
Yes this is one hell of a powerful amp. Drove my AKG K702's with real ease. I'm sorry that there's not more talk about it. Maybe it's a little eccentric in design? I wonder why interest isn't more current?post #64 of 711/30/14 at 2:47pm
I have a Graham Slee Voyager. It is a very neutral and transparent amplifier, with enough power to drive my 300 Ohm HD540 Reference II to very adequate listening levels. It's an excellent piece of equipment.post #65 of 712/22/14 at 4:00ampost #66 of 712/23/14 at 1:03amI've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?post #67 of 713/29/14 at 2:48pm
Just a quick note to inform any UK-based audio enthusiasts that I shall be attending the Graham Slee Roadshow in Aylesbury UK on the 29th May 2014. For those who don't already know, Graham Slee is a manufacturer of truly high-fidelity audio products and anyone can sign up to attend this event, free of charge. Please come along if you can and show your support for highest-fidelity audio. Anyone who is interested must sign up at GSPAudio to be sent a pass in the post. Those without a pass will not be permitted to enter the venue. Thanks.post #68 of 713/30/14 at 4:02ampost #69 of 7111/16/14 at 4:34amQuote:Originally Posted by shigzeo
The Voyager remains one of my favourite portable amps for a lot of reasons: sound, battery life, power, contour, plastic case. Its dry pithy sound is great for a lot of headphones, but it still has a touch of emotion and play. One of my favourites.
- Here is my review of the Graham Slee Voyager.
I have had a good read with your review and I've got a question in mind. You noted that balanced amateurs do not sound so good with this amp. Would you say it does not sound good with the Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS? I hope to make my set-up AK240-Graham Slee Voyager-Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS.post #70 of 7111/17/14 at 3:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Hifi Nutter
I've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?
Interesting about the silver cable, i did found the voyager with my fiio x5/se535 flat sounding and if i tried the contour as others have suggested it sounded almost abrasive in the treble with splashy cymbals.
I tried a silver plated copper cable and this worked wonderfully so the voyager (for me) seems to benefit from silver, the sound now is both analogue (vinyl) sounding and has energy - it makes the fiio e12 sound uncouth in comparison (but to be fair - the voyager is rather more expensive).
I wonder if a pure silver cable would be even better?
Edited by magicalmouse - 11/17/14 at 3:35am
- Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › OUT NOW: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C, MINI-DAC/AMP... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 5 minutes ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 6 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 6 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear