- 9 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Graham Slee Voyager portable headphone amp Last post on 1/31/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread Last post on 3/20/15 at 8:27pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Voyager or arrow 3G which one is magical?? Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These things are really, really good. I'd rate their sound above the Z-5500, and above the more recent THX sets. They have plenty of power, and are reasonably articulate. No, they're not Hi-Fi,...
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
- Headphone Impedance
Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great Amp. Full of power. Is this the destiny of the small independent maker just to have a bit of initial interest and fade away. If it does it's a terrible shame because this is, although a little eccentric looking is a great amp.
Yes this is one hell of a powerful amp. Drove my AKG K702's with real ease. I'm sorry that there's not more talk about it. Maybe it's a little eccentric in design? I wonder why interest isn't more current?
I have a Graham Slee Voyager. It is a very neutral and transparent amplifier, with enough power to drive my 300 Ohm HD540 Reference II to very adequate listening levels. It's an excellent piece of equipment.
Just a quick note to inform any UK-based audio enthusiasts that I shall be attending the Graham Slee Roadshow in Aylesbury UK on the 29th May 2014. For those who don't already know, Graham Slee is a manufacturer of truly high-fidelity audio products and anyone can sign up to attend this event, free of charge. Please come along if you can and show your support for highest-fidelity audio. Anyone who is interested must sign up at GSPAudio to be sent a pass in the post. Those without a pass will not be permitted to enter the venue. Thanks.
The Voyager remains one of my favourite portable amps for a lot of reasons: sound, battery life, power, contour, plastic case. Its dry pithy sound is great for a lot of headphones, but it still has a touch of emotion and play. One of my favourites.
- Here is my review of the Graham Slee Voyager.
I have had a good read with your review and I've got a question in mind. You noted that balanced amateurs do not sound so good with this amp. Would you say it does not sound good with the Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS? I hope to make my set-up AK240-Graham Slee Voyager-Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS.
I've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?
Interesting about the silver cable, i did found the voyager with my fiio x5/se535 flat sounding and if i tried the contour as others have suggested it sounded almost abrasive in the treble with splashy cymbals.
I tried a silver plated copper cable and this worked wonderfully so the voyager (for me) seems to benefit from silver, the sound now is both analogue (vinyl) sounding and has energy - it makes the fiio e12 sound uncouth in comparison (but to be fair - the voyager is rather more expensive).
I wonder if a pure silver cable would be even better?
Edited by magicalmouse - 11/17/14 at 3:35am
- Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 16 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2