- 9 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Graham Slee Voyager portable headphone amp Last post on 1/31/11 at 8:30pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread Last post on 2/2/15 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DigiZoid ZO or Headstage Arrow? Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Voyager or arrow 3G which one is magical?? Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:55am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Shure se530 vs se545...sound quality Last post on 8/12/11 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sometimes you want to hear the pluck of a guitar string. Sometimes that detail can be sacrificed in the name of bass.....enormous bass Honestly these are pretty damned good with rock too. Not...
Firstly, like to thank Mike from Meelectronics for supplying the M9 Classic to review. The new release of the M9 Classic is Meelectronics budget in ear headphone. Priced at $9.99USD, I was...
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
- Headphone Impedance
Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread) - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Great Amp. Full of power. Is this the destiny of the small independent maker just to have a bit of initial interest and fade away. If it does it's a terrible shame because this is, although a little eccentric looking is a great amp.
Yes this is one hell of a powerful amp. Drove my AKG K702's with real ease. I'm sorry that there's not more talk about it. Maybe it's a little eccentric in design? I wonder why interest isn't more current?
I have a Graham Slee Voyager. It is a very neutral and transparent amplifier, with enough power to drive my 300 Ohm HD540 Reference II to very adequate listening levels. It's an excellent piece of equipment.
Just a quick note to inform any UK-based audio enthusiasts that I shall be attending the Graham Slee Roadshow in Aylesbury UK on the 29th May 2014. For those who don't already know, Graham Slee is a manufacturer of truly high-fidelity audio products and anyone can sign up to attend this event, free of charge. Please come along if you can and show your support for highest-fidelity audio. Anyone who is interested must sign up at GSPAudio to be sent a pass in the post. Those without a pass will not be permitted to enter the venue. Thanks.
The Voyager remains one of my favourite portable amps for a lot of reasons: sound, battery life, power, contour, plastic case. Its dry pithy sound is great for a lot of headphones, but it still has a touch of emotion and play. One of my favourites.
- Here is my review of the Graham Slee Voyager.
I have had a good read with your review and I've got a question in mind. You noted that balanced amateurs do not sound so good with this amp. Would you say it does not sound good with the Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS? I hope to make my set-up AK240-Graham Slee Voyager-Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS.
I've got the Graham slee voyager and it's a beautiful sounding amp with line out from my iPod through a Russ Andrews silver cable, I've just got the colour fly c4 on loan listening to high res tracks through my sennheiser ie 800 in ear phones,I actually prefer the sound of my iPod voyager to the colourfly c4, the colourfly wipes the floor with my iPod straight out the headphone socket but the voyager changes so much, be interesting to see what the new sony high res player coming out in march will sound like through the voyager?
Interesting about the silver cable, i did found the voyager with my fiio x5/se535 flat sounding and if i tried the contour as others have suggested it sounded almost abrasive in the treble with splashy cymbals.
I tried a silver plated copper cable and this worked wonderfully so the voyager (for me) seems to benefit from silver, the sound now is both analogue (vinyl) sounding and has energy - it makes the fiio e12 sound uncouth in comparison (but to be fair - the voyager is rather more expensive).
I wonder if a pure silver cable would be even better?
Edited by magicalmouse - 11/17/14 at 3:35am
- Graham Slee Voyager : The End of Audio Voyage?(Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MA900 19 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 42 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 7 minutes ago
- › Low volume on IEM (Audio Teknika CK10) 7 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 8 minutes ago
- › tube or ss amp for HD800 ? 9 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2