Over the ears and down the front for me. I find that if I have them down my back and I have a jacket on my ears/IEMs really get pulled. So I worry less about have them break with the cable going down the front.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandEarSonicstagged by System, 5/31/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 5/31/10More
- brandMonstertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandPhiatontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 5/31/10
- productShure 530tagged by System, 6/1/10
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 6/1/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/5/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/10/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandWiretagged by System, 5/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Consumer IEM Brands vs Audiophile Last post on 8/27/10 at 8:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Really need to find some new portables... Last post on 8/23/10 at 2:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Poll: How do you wear yours? - Page 5
Poll Results: How do you usually wear your monitors cords?
345 Total Votespost #61 of 818/9/10 at 10:40am
25% (89)Hanging from the ears.
14% (49)Over the ears, down the back
60% (207)Over the ears, under the chin
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 818/9/10 at 7:34pmpost #63 of 818/12/10 at 10:40pm
I wear mine 'over the ears, under the chin' with my IE8, SE530, E4c, UM-2 and Westone 3, I find that the most comfortable and convenient way to wear them, especially at the gym. But with the ER-4Bs, I think the only way to wear them is just 'hanging from the ears', and clipping them onto the collar is a must. But with my UE 18 Pro and UM-3, I can't seem to be able to get a good fit unless I wear them 'over the ears, down the back'. It makes sense I guess since there were designed for musicians in mind; by wearing them that way (under a shirt preferably), the cables wouldn't get in the way when they are playing their instruments.post #64 of 818/23/10 at 2:35am
They're most comfortable for me with the wire over my ears and then down the front under my chin. It looks like that thread is locked. If I run the wire behind my head, when I turn my head the wires get tugged on or pulled, or limit my head turning.post #65 of 818/23/10 at 9:14pm
Since I got the Westone 2, I now wear the IEMs over the ear, behind the neck, adjust the Y-splitter (circular thing) up to the back of my head and tuck the remaining cable in front through my shirt leaving a small portion of the cable behind the neck for easy head movement. It's perfect!post #66 of 818/24/10 at 11:10am
No! Skullcandy has a pair of earphones that goes behind the ear! I want that to be an exclusive style for those of us that know quality! So it is easily recognizable that im not wearing garbage!post #67 of 819/9/11 at 7:09am
I Used to wear my W3's over the ear and under the chin. Behind the neck was too much effort. All rather moot as the right cord gave up the ghost a long time ago. They're sitting collecting dust on the desk now.post #68 of 819/9/11 at 7:10am
I marked over ears down chin. Sometimes I'll wear them hanging down if I can't get a good fit over ear though.post #69 of 819/9/11 at 7:16ampost #70 of 819/9/11 at 7:34ampost #71 of 819/9/11 at 8:34ampost #72 of 819/9/11 at 12:45pmpost #73 of 819/9/11 at 1:33pmpost #74 of 819/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #75 of 819/9/11 at 9:32pmQuote:
You won them at a meet, maybe you can talk them into a lifetime warranty because they like you.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 12 seconds ago
- › ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg,... 54 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 58 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CK10 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 4 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear