Over the ears and down the front for me. I find that if I have them down my back and I have a jacket on my ears/IEMs really get pulled. So I worry less about have them break with the cable going down the front.
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandEarSonicstagged by System, 5/31/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 5/31/10More
- brandMonstertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandPhiatontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 5/31/10
- productShure 530tagged by System, 6/1/10
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 6/1/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/5/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/10/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandWiretagged by System, 5/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Consumer IEM Brands vs Audiophile Last post on 8/27/10 at 8:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Really need to find some new portables... Last post on 8/23/10 at 2:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
Poll: How do you wear yours? - Page 5
Poll Results: How do you usually wear your monitors cords?
345 Total Votespost #61 of 818/9/10 at 10:40am
25% (89)Hanging from the ears.
14% (49)Over the ears, down the back
60% (207)Over the ears, under the chin
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 818/9/10 at 7:34pmpost #63 of 818/12/10 at 10:40pm
I wear mine 'over the ears, under the chin' with my IE8, SE530, E4c, UM-2 and Westone 3, I find that the most comfortable and convenient way to wear them, especially at the gym. But with the ER-4Bs, I think the only way to wear them is just 'hanging from the ears', and clipping them onto the collar is a must. But with my UE 18 Pro and UM-3, I can't seem to be able to get a good fit unless I wear them 'over the ears, down the back'. It makes sense I guess since there were designed for musicians in mind; by wearing them that way (under a shirt preferably), the cables wouldn't get in the way when they are playing their instruments.post #64 of 818/23/10 at 2:35am
They're most comfortable for me with the wire over my ears and then down the front under my chin. It looks like that thread is locked. If I run the wire behind my head, when I turn my head the wires get tugged on or pulled, or limit my head turning.post #65 of 818/23/10 at 9:14pm
Since I got the Westone 2, I now wear the IEMs over the ear, behind the neck, adjust the Y-splitter (circular thing) up to the back of my head and tuck the remaining cable in front through my shirt leaving a small portion of the cable behind the neck for easy head movement. It's perfect!post #66 of 818/24/10 at 11:10am
No! Skullcandy has a pair of earphones that goes behind the ear! I want that to be an exclusive style for those of us that know quality! So it is easily recognizable that im not wearing garbage!post #67 of 819/9/11 at 7:09am
I Used to wear my W3's over the ear and under the chin. Behind the neck was too much effort. All rather moot as the right cord gave up the ghost a long time ago. They're sitting collecting dust on the desk now.post #68 of 819/9/11 at 7:10am
I marked over ears down chin. Sometimes I'll wear them hanging down if I can't get a good fit over ear though.post #69 of 819/9/11 at 7:16ampost #70 of 819/9/11 at 7:34ampost #71 of 819/9/11 at 8:34ampost #72 of 819/9/11 at 12:45pmpost #73 of 819/9/11 at 1:33pmpost #74 of 819/9/11 at 4:29pmpost #75 of 819/9/11 at 9:32pmQuote:
You won them at a meet, maybe you can talk them into a lifetime warranty because they like you.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 33 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 34 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Introducing SERA by Vibro Labs 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › iHiFi 990 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear