I started over the ear style but after 8 months and cable broke I use only straight down
- brandAudio Technicatagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryCablestagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandEarSonicstagged by System, 5/31/10
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandGradotagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 5/31/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 5/31/10More
- brandMonstertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandOrtofontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandPhiatontagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 5/31/10
- productShure 530tagged by System, 6/1/10
- productUE 18 Protagged by System, 6/1/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 5/31/10
- brandWestonetagged by System, 6/5/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone 3 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 6/23/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 8/10/10
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 6/23/10
- brandWiretagged by System, 5/31/10
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Consumer IEM Brands vs Audiophile Last post on 8/27/10 at 8:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Really need to find some new portables... Last post on 8/23/10 at 2:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I think I've see and heard it all... Last post on 9/15/11 at 7:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hi! Please recommend some custom IEM's for this newbie . . . . Last post on 8/5/11 at 2:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Poll: How do you wear yours? - Page 4
Poll Results: How do you usually wear your monitors cords?
345 Total Votes
25% (89)Hanging from the ears.
14% (49)Over the ears, down the back
60% (207)Over the ears, under the chin
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 816/17/10 at 10:00amThread Starterpost #48 of 816/18/10 at 3:18pm
Somewhat on topic, is there anyway that I can loosen the cable on my earphones? They seem really stiff and have all sorts of kinks so I was hoping I could do something to them to make them more flexible. Thankspost #49 of 816/22/10 at 9:00amThread Starterpost #50 of 816/22/10 at 1:15pmpost #51 of 816/22/10 at 2:12pmpost #52 of 816/24/10 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #53 of 816/24/10 at 3:05pmpost #54 of 816/25/10 at 8:00amThread Starterpost #55 of 816/28/10 at 7:00amThread Starterpost #56 of 817/14/10 at 3:02ampost #57 of 818/8/10 at 12:57pmpost #58 of 818/8/10 at 2:26pmpost #59 of 818/9/10 at 5:34ampost #60 of 818/9/10 at 6:40am
I generelly would prefer straight down, since I never had much of a problem with microphonics. But with some phones it simply won't work because they are designed to be worn over the ears (such as super.fi 3), in this case I wear them over the ears and the cable down my front. I don't like it on my back and because of my long hair they take too long to put on that way.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Poll: How do you wear yours?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 57 seconds ago
- › 1964 / 64 Audio Adel U8 w/S1 + MAM modules 1 minute ago
- › MassDrop HIFIMAN HE-350 or ATH-AD700X 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear