Nice review! I'll come back in 4-5 months and see if they are just as wonderful.
Related Forum Threads
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What's the deal with Audez'e? Last post on 1/10/11 at 1:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AUDEZ'E versus WHARFEDALE ISODYNAMICS? Last post on 9/15/11 at 6:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
REVIEW: Audez’e LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1715/29/10 at 3:16pmThread Starter
LOL abt the organs!!!
Thanks for all the nice words guys. I am out of town now for memorial day weekend - I will get to a few specific replies later guys :)post #18 of 1715/29/10 at 4:51pm
Thanks for taking the time to review these, Rob.
And, as usual, thanks for allowing the reader to see the pros and cons about these (from your perspective).post #19 of 1715/29/10 at 5:41pm
Speaking of organs, I need to try some big pipe organ on the LCD2. :)
I got a short listen to the LCD2. The joy of living in Portland, ortho capital of the northwest. The sound really is all you say. I think I just found the sound that I've been looking for. It's the first grand headphone that I've heard that has me thinking that a grand headphone is in my future. That's saying a lot cause I try to live in budget-fi land. The idea of having a $1000 headphone is not something I've prepared myself for.post #20 of 1715/29/10 at 5:56pm
Skylab: great review. Perhaps is a good time I have delayed in buying those SR007's..... Sadly, I am unable to go to CanJam this year since my youngest's high school graduation is on the same weekend.
I am anxiously waiting more comparisons between Stax SR007 and LCD2.
Your review mentions excellent synergy with the Meier Concerto (680.00 USD), which when combined with the LCD2 price (949.99 USD) makes it indeed a "bargain" when compared with an SR007 (around 1500.00 USD used, 2100.00 new) plus a dedicated amp (although I have the eXStata for starters).
Edited by gilency - 5/29/10 at 5:57pmpost #21 of 1715/29/10 at 6:06pm
Is the "you know what" considered an organ? If so, how much are you asking?
Is it in mint condition and has it been kept in a pet free, non-smoking household?
Sadly, like the drivers for the R-10, I believe they are out of stock on replacement parts for mine,
and you never know when you might need a spare pair .post #22 of 1715/29/10 at 7:21pm
lol , I had a smarmy reply for RD, but immtbiker takes the cake for this one. Very glad they played out this way for you Rob. I am of course one of those biased to like orthodynamic headphones but I try and be impartial to things that don't sit right. I have not spent much time with the T1 but from the little I did spend with them, I tend to agree with your impressions. I just haven't heard the HD800 sound magic for me yet. Man, it is going to be a long wait to get my own pair of LCD2 ..dBpost #23 of 1715/29/10 at 7:33pm
Nice review! Thank you for doing it. Let us know how you figure out a way to cover up the cheap foam headband, I will be DIY-ing this as well.post #24 of 1715/29/10 at 7:56pm
FWIR in the Audeze LCD-2 thread the foam is apparently extremely high quality and should last.post #25 of 1715/29/10 at 7:58pm
I need to check with the lads at Audez'e but I suspect that "cheap" foam is not so cheap at all Thinking a smeggy styled double strap is one way to distribute the weight while retaining a clean look.
..dBpost #26 of 1715/29/10 at 9:03pm
I was initially pretty excited about the T1, after a brief introduction at a local meet, then again at KB's for a little more controlled listening. But then he broke out the LCD-2. Immediately the T1's colorations and limitations were exposed. The LCD-2's imho are simply as neutral and transparent a window to the program as head-fi gets.
And while amps (always) matter, these seemed to do pretty darn respectable job running directly from an iPod. I'm curious to pit them against some higher-end iem's, with little or no external amplification.post #27 of 1715/29/10 at 9:03pm
Once again, thanks for the review. I've already been pushed over the line and am selling off gear to pay for a pair. The HE-5s were almost there for me, so if these are significantly better, then it's a no-brainer. As well, compared to the T1s, there hasn't been a (relatively) bad thing said. The T1s seem to get very mixed reviews, though it could be amping as well. It's good that more details of the reasons for amp synergy are coming out in reviews, as these things will be important for people to make sure they don't waste their money.post #28 of 1715/29/10 at 10:13pm
Skylab usually has pretty much some of the better equipment to listen to these as well, but it is just one impression. I can't wait to hear more impressions as people start to receive their pair from preorder. Unfortunately not a whole ton of people really like writing such detailed reviews.
Edited by TigzStudio - 5/29/10 at 10:16pmpost #29 of 1715/29/10 at 10:29pm
Great review Rob. I value you elaboration on the amping issue. Could I please have your opinion on solid state amps, and if you still have the Phoenix, your take on the pairing.
Thanks.post #30 of 1715/29/10 at 10:52pm
I'm curious as to why you only compared ED8's bass with the LCD2, but not other aspects? Is it because the bass is the only thing on the ED8 that's in the same league as the LCD2, while T1 and HE-5 are closer in quality overall to the LCD2?
I'm getting very close to ordering a pair of LCD2, since it seems it's beating out pretty much all the best dynamic headphones currently available (while costing less too). Once I see some compelling comparisons with the Stax flagship models, I'll be making a decision to either get the LCD2 or a Stax system.
- REVIEW: Audez’e LCD-2 Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 2 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM BassHEAD club) 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Lynx AES16 PCI Soundcard - Digital Transport 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse