Well the title says it all really
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Heaphone, Upgrading PX100 (or PortaPro)? Last post on 9/18/10 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for RUNNING! Last post on 8/3/15 at 2:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapros or Senn PX-100 Last post on 4/11/14 at 10:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The isolation they offer is directly proportional to the volume you listen at and the long term hearing damage you're willing to accept.
Pick something else if you need isolation.
In my first Head-Fi days I used to walk around the streets with the PX100. And I was always cranking up the volume to mask the surrounding noise. And this is really a bad thing to do to your ears, especially if you think that even with a lot of volume you cannot totally cover the noise of cars and people around you. Fortunately, I soon discovered IEMs. Really, there is no isolation difference between PortaPro and PX100: both have close to none.
I've owned both, and I currently own my umpteenth pair of PortaPros. I completely agree with previous posts in this thread. Neither offers any significant isolation, and they both can tempt the listener to turn up the volume to unsafe levels when used in noisy environments. And I agree with the previous posters who suggested IEMs. If you seek isolation, IEMs will give it to you without the disadvantages of active noise-cancelling cans (they need batteries, they are usually large, and the noise cancelling technology can introduce artifacts into the sound.)
Sennheiser PX100/200 II, closed but not too closed yet you can listen to your music at a save volume without disturbing your neighbour.
Hearing a bit of what is going on around you in the 'outside' world does matter. Shutting yourself off completely is very dangerous if you do not look out.
- What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Introducing Hidizs' new product AP300 9 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 14 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 or STAX SR-507...which to choose, and why? 36 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 1 minute ago
- › K712 owners HELP MEEEE 1 minute ago
- › Download Single Hi-Res Tracks? 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2