Well the title says it all really
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Heaphone, Upgrading PX100 (or PortaPro)? Last post on 9/18/10 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for RUNNING! Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Koss Portapro? Last post on 11/13/10 at 1:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?post #1 of 85/28/10 at 10:36amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 85/28/10 at 10:38ampost #3 of 85/28/10 at 12:13pmpost #4 of 85/28/10 at 12:47pm
The isolation they offer is directly proportional to the volume you listen at and the long term hearing damage you're willing to accept.
Pick something else if you need isolation.post #5 of 85/29/10 at 12:01pm
In my first Head-Fi days I used to walk around the streets with the PX100. And I was always cranking up the volume to mask the surrounding noise. And this is really a bad thing to do to your ears, especially if you think that even with a lot of volume you cannot totally cover the noise of cars and people around you. Fortunately, I soon discovered IEMs. Really, there is no isolation difference between PortaPro and PX100: both have close to none.
K.post #6 of 85/29/10 at 12:06pm
I've owned both, and I currently own my umpteenth pair of PortaPros. I completely agree with previous posts in this thread. Neither offers any significant isolation, and they both can tempt the listener to turn up the volume to unsafe levels when used in noisy environments. And I agree with the previous posters who suggested IEMs. If you seek isolation, IEMs will give it to you without the disadvantages of active noise-cancelling cans (they need batteries, they are usually large, and the noise cancelling technology can introduce artifacts into the sound.)post #7 of 85/29/10 at 12:19pm
Sennheiser PX100/200 II, closed but not too closed yet you can listen to your music at a save volume without disturbing your neighbour.
Hearing a bit of what is going on around you in the 'outside' world does matter. Shutting yourself off completely is very dangerous if you do not look out.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring Specials 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Upload my FLAC songs to Cloud and stream them from my phone 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude