Well the title says it all really
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Heaphone, Upgrading PX100 (or PortaPro)? Last post on 9/18/10 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for RUNNING! Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapros or Senn PX-100 Last post on 4/11/14 at 10:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The isolation they offer is directly proportional to the volume you listen at and the long term hearing damage you're willing to accept.
Pick something else if you need isolation.
In my first Head-Fi days I used to walk around the streets with the PX100. And I was always cranking up the volume to mask the surrounding noise. And this is really a bad thing to do to your ears, especially if you think that even with a lot of volume you cannot totally cover the noise of cars and people around you. Fortunately, I soon discovered IEMs. Really, there is no isolation difference between PortaPro and PX100: both have close to none.
I've owned both, and I currently own my umpteenth pair of PortaPros. I completely agree with previous posts in this thread. Neither offers any significant isolation, and they both can tempt the listener to turn up the volume to unsafe levels when used in noisy environments. And I agree with the previous posters who suggested IEMs. If you seek isolation, IEMs will give it to you without the disadvantages of active noise-cancelling cans (they need batteries, they are usually large, and the noise cancelling technology can introduce artifacts into the sound.)
Sennheiser PX100/200 II, closed but not too closed yet you can listen to your music at a save volume without disturbing your neighbour.
Hearing a bit of what is going on around you in the 'outside' world does matter. Shutting yourself off completely is very dangerous if you do not look out.
- What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Celsus Sound Companion One, 32/384 USB, iOS/Android, 24/192 Wi-Fi... 1 minute ago
- › Win BoomPro to Transform you ordinary headphone into a pro... 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D510 4 minutes ago
- › Has anybody tried the E17K Alpen 2 with hd800s? Could you... 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 5 minutes ago
- › Go Dap- X ( Venturecraft ) - dac/amp 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 9 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2