Well the title says it all really
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Heaphone, Upgrading PX100 (or PortaPro)? Last post on 9/18/10 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for RUNNING! Last post on 9/28/10 at 9:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portapros or Senn PX-100 Last post on 4/11/14 at 10:56am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Koss PortaPro Recable Suggestions Last post on 3/12/11 at 9:40am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Koss PortaPro Bet Last post on 11/16/10 at 3:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The isolation they offer is directly proportional to the volume you listen at and the long term hearing damage you're willing to accept.
Pick something else if you need isolation.
In my first Head-Fi days I used to walk around the streets with the PX100. And I was always cranking up the volume to mask the surrounding noise. And this is really a bad thing to do to your ears, especially if you think that even with a lot of volume you cannot totally cover the noise of cars and people around you. Fortunately, I soon discovered IEMs. Really, there is no isolation difference between PortaPro and PX100: both have close to none.
I've owned both, and I currently own my umpteenth pair of PortaPros. I completely agree with previous posts in this thread. Neither offers any significant isolation, and they both can tempt the listener to turn up the volume to unsafe levels when used in noisy environments. And I agree with the previous posters who suggested IEMs. If you seek isolation, IEMs will give it to you without the disadvantages of active noise-cancelling cans (they need batteries, they are usually large, and the noise cancelling technology can introduce artifacts into the sound.)
Sennheiser PX100/200 II, closed but not too closed yet you can listen to your music at a save volume without disturbing your neighbour.
Hearing a bit of what is going on around you in the 'outside' world does matter. Shutting yourself off completely is very dangerous if you do not look out.
- What's better noise isolating: Koss PortaPro or Sennheiser PX100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 seconds ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 37 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 or Beyerdynamic T1? 1 minute ago
- › Headphone under $100 for classic rock and blues 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chi Unify 9 when and where? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2