Full-size: Stax Lambda Pro, IEM: E4c, still have and use both.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
Never forget your first... - Page 2post #16 of 1155/25/10 at 7:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 1155/25/10 at 7:58pmpost #18 of 1155/25/10 at 8:00pm
+1. I've had my HD280 Pro's for nine years now (doing full-time "portable" duty through both high school & college), and they've got just as much headachy goodness as they did back then. I've had to wrap a little electrical tape around where they've started to crack, but I've definitely got my money's worth.post #19 of 1155/25/10 at 8:06pmpost #20 of 1155/25/10 at 9:13pmpost #21 of 1155/25/10 at 9:45pmpost #22 of 1155/25/10 at 9:46pmpost #23 of 1155/25/10 at 9:53pmpost #24 of 1155/25/10 at 10:07pmpost #25 of 1155/25/10 at 10:10pm
First headphone that showed me that there was more than crappy ibuds: PX200
First Headphone that gave me a glimpse of what audio is really about: HD595 (which I know is not a portable, but ended using them as portable for a while so I decided to mention it)
Edited by Roger Strummer - 5/25/10 at 10:12pmpost #26 of 1155/25/10 at 10:18pmpost #27 of 1155/25/10 at 10:26pmpost #28 of 1155/25/10 at 10:59pmQuote:
Heh. As bad as the Skullcandy Smokin' Buds are, they were still a substantial improvement over the stock ear buds. I knew when I bought them that there were better options available (but not in Best Buy when I needed them that afternoon) so they got me looking for even better ones.post #29 of 1155/25/10 at 11:00pmpost #30 of 1155/25/10 at 11:23pm
Sony MDR-EX71. Even though its quality wasn't exactly outstanding, back then I found them best earphones ever - great bass, soundstage etc. Of course my viewpoint changed completely when I bought something better - Shure E3c :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Never forget your first...
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 15 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 49 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 7 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear