Hey everyone, I'm looking for some new IEMs around 150$ that have some nice bass for techno music. I don't want muddy sounding bass and want to still hear the mids and the highs. I listen to lots of drum and bass, house, ambient, and some rock too. So far I'm thinking about the turbines or DBA-02s. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 VS PFE vs HJE900 ? (please help!) Last post on 6/8/12 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 125/25/10 at 10:56am
For a heavy techno orientation, I do like to suggest the Triple.Fi 10 as a really good option. They can still be found within the $150 if you don't mind a used pair.
Other choices will depend upon how good of a sound you want, how much bass you want, and how you want it presented. There's a good number of options out there that are bass heavy, but they present the bass in different ways.post #3 of 125/25/10 at 1:52pmpost #4 of 125/25/10 at 1:59pmpost #5 of 125/25/10 at 8:55pm
The original Monster Turbines, the RE0, or maybe the newer Radius HP-TWF11r DDM. I really like the presentation of the original Turbines, especially with the bass texture and quality that does not intrude into the rest of the spectrum. The Gold Turbine Pros are big step up, and the Coppers improve with these, but both cost more than your budget (unless you can find them used or an open box sale).
Edited by Dobber65 - 5/25/10 at 8:57pmpost #6 of 125/25/10 at 9:26pmpost #7 of 125/25/10 at 10:19pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually thinking about increasing my budget and going for some entry level customs as I have had a problem getting IEMs to stay in my ears in the past and I don't want to spend money on something that I don't want to wear because they always fall out. With this in mind, would any of these suggestions be good for re-casing? Or should I just go for some Livewires/Alien Ears?post #8 of 125/25/10 at 10:23pm
The Panasonic HJE900 make awesome DnB phones, and top-notch durability is a plus. Available new for about 130 bucks. Their popularity has died down a bit recently as availability went down, price went up, and new IEM models arrived, but I'm confident they are still one of the best values around. That Radius DDM seems to quite amazing for the price, but I have no experience with it.post #9 of 127/26/10 at 6:19ampost #10 of 127/26/10 at 7:57ampost #11 of 127/26/10 at 12:20pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 12:52pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 47 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 54 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Atticus (Paduak) (Mint) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEMs between 100-150 USD 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (1 month old) + Kimber Axios cable (3.5mm) 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear