Hey everyone, I'm looking for some new IEMs around 150$ that have some nice bass for techno music. I don't want muddy sounding bass and want to still hear the mids and the highs. I listen to lots of drum and bass, house, ambient, and some rock too. So far I'm thinking about the turbines or DBA-02s. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 VS PFE vs HJE900 ? (please help!) Last post on 6/8/12 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For a heavy techno orientation, I do like to suggest the Triple.Fi 10 as a really good option. They can still be found within the $150 if you don't mind a used pair.
Other choices will depend upon how good of a sound you want, how much bass you want, and how you want it presented. There's a good number of options out there that are bass heavy, but they present the bass in different ways.
The original Monster Turbines, the RE0, or maybe the newer Radius HP-TWF11r DDM. I really like the presentation of the original Turbines, especially with the bass texture and quality that does not intrude into the rest of the spectrum. The Gold Turbine Pros are big step up, and the Coppers improve with these, but both cost more than your budget (unless you can find them used or an open box sale).
Edited by Dobber65 - 5/25/10 at 8:57pm
Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually thinking about increasing my budget and going for some entry level customs as I have had a problem getting IEMs to stay in my ears in the past and I don't want to spend money on something that I don't want to wear because they always fall out. With this in mind, would any of these suggestions be good for re-casing? Or should I just go for some Livewires/Alien Ears?
The Panasonic HJE900 make awesome DnB phones, and top-notch durability is a plus. Available new for about 130 bucks. Their popularity has died down a bit recently as availability went down, price went up, and new IEM models arrived, but I'm confident they are still one of the best values around. That Radius DDM seems to quite amazing for the price, but I have no experience with it.
- Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 21 seconds ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 1 minute ago
- › 150€/$ budget - IEM straight down wearable + low cable noise - Need... 1 minute ago
- › Open-back headphones and amplifier under EUR 300 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 3 minutes ago
- › Basically all the Bose bashing is baseless. 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 6 minutes ago
- › What happens when one plugs computer speakers into the headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)