Hey everyone, I'm looking for some new IEMs around 150$ that have some nice bass for techno music. I don't want muddy sounding bass and want to still hear the mids and the highs. I listen to lots of drum and bass, house, ambient, and some rock too. So far I'm thinking about the turbines or DBA-02s. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 VS PFE vs HJE900 ? (please help!) Last post on 6/8/12 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Jazz sounds real good on these. Classic music sounds pretty clear, like when the violin is playing and stuff. Vocals sound pretty good. 80's sound vibrant. dubstep/hardstyle, sounds...
No other headphone has surprised me in the manner that the Tactic 3D managed to. I originally purchased them because I needed headphones to do a Skype interview, and I wanted something...
Let me begin by saying there is nothing special about these headphones. My first impression of them made me smile because I fell in love with the oral shaped ear cups (I'm a sucker for "small"...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For a heavy techno orientation, I do like to suggest the Triple.Fi 10 as a really good option. They can still be found within the $150 if you don't mind a used pair.
Other choices will depend upon how good of a sound you want, how much bass you want, and how you want it presented. There's a good number of options out there that are bass heavy, but they present the bass in different ways.
The original Monster Turbines, the RE0, or maybe the newer Radius HP-TWF11r DDM. I really like the presentation of the original Turbines, especially with the bass texture and quality that does not intrude into the rest of the spectrum. The Gold Turbine Pros are big step up, and the Coppers improve with these, but both cost more than your budget (unless you can find them used or an open box sale).
Edited by Dobber65 - 5/25/10 at 8:57pm
Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually thinking about increasing my budget and going for some entry level customs as I have had a problem getting IEMs to stay in my ears in the past and I don't want to spend money on something that I don't want to wear because they always fall out. With this in mind, would any of these suggestions be good for re-casing? Or should I just go for some Livewires/Alien Ears?
The Panasonic HJE900 make awesome DnB phones, and top-notch durability is a plus. Available new for about 130 bucks. Their popularity has died down a bit recently as availability went down, price went up, and new IEM models arrived, but I'm confident they are still one of the best values around. That Radius DDM seems to quite amazing for the price, but I have no experience with it.
- Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Power Amp - does it exist? 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S 4 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 6 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 6 minutes ago
- › PS4 vs XBOX ONE (What would you buy and why? No fanboy like... 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 - 1Plus2, TG334, Senn IE800, Flat-4, RDB+... 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 8 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe