Hey everyone, I'm looking for some new IEMs around 150$ that have some nice bass for techno music. I don't want muddy sounding bass and want to still hear the mids and the highs. I listen to lots of drum and bass, house, ambient, and some rock too. So far I'm thinking about the turbines or DBA-02s. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Practical experience with ETY er6i,hf3 , UE 600vi,sf5 , q-jays , PHONAK pfe , Westone 1 Last post on 8/2/11 at 3:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Advice please, Phonak Audeo PFE 112 or Shure SE215? Last post on 5/19/12 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- DBA-02 VS PFE vs HJE900 ? (please help!) Last post on 6/8/12 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to change from PFE's to something with warmer sounds, suggestions? Last post on 12/20/10 at 1:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 125/25/10 at 10:56am
For a heavy techno orientation, I do like to suggest the Triple.Fi 10 as a really good option. They can still be found within the $150 if you don't mind a used pair.
Other choices will depend upon how good of a sound you want, how much bass you want, and how you want it presented. There's a good number of options out there that are bass heavy, but they present the bass in different ways.post #3 of 125/25/10 at 1:52pmpost #4 of 125/25/10 at 1:59pmpost #5 of 125/25/10 at 8:55pm
The original Monster Turbines, the RE0, or maybe the newer Radius HP-TWF11r DDM. I really like the presentation of the original Turbines, especially with the bass texture and quality that does not intrude into the rest of the spectrum. The Gold Turbine Pros are big step up, and the Coppers improve with these, but both cost more than your budget (unless you can find them used or an open box sale).
Edited by Dobber65 - 5/25/10 at 8:57pmpost #6 of 125/25/10 at 9:26pmpost #7 of 125/25/10 at 10:19pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the replies. I'm actually thinking about increasing my budget and going for some entry level customs as I have had a problem getting IEMs to stay in my ears in the past and I don't want to spend money on something that I don't want to wear because they always fall out. With this in mind, would any of these suggestions be good for re-casing? Or should I just go for some Livewires/Alien Ears?post #8 of 125/25/10 at 10:23pm
The Panasonic HJE900 make awesome DnB phones, and top-notch durability is a plus. Available new for about 130 bucks. Their popularity has died down a bit recently as availability went down, price went up, and new IEM models arrived, but I'm confident they are still one of the best values around. That Radius DDM seems to quite amazing for the price, but I have no experience with it.post #9 of 127/26/10 at 6:19ampost #10 of 127/26/10 at 7:57ampost #11 of 127/26/10 at 12:20pmpost #12 of 127/26/10 at 12:52pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEMs for drum and bass around 150$?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 10 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 29 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › Yet another Little Dot MkVI amp review .... 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear