Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › A K702 impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A K702 impressions thread - Page 5

post #61 of 116

I have one complaint about 702, once I put them on I cannot take them off, and then this is the only one :-)

I do have MS1 which I love but 702s are about 3 times better to my ears.

post #62 of 116

The Portaphile Maxxed drove them surprisingly well.. I remember playing a racing game with this combo, & the bass was jaw dropping with the techno tracks.. The Maxxed is really power hungry though.. Can go through a 9volt or two in 4-6 hrs.. A wallwart is recommended.. This was with the 701..

post #63 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikutoru View Post

I have one complaint about 702, once I put them on I cannot take them off, and then this is the only one :-)

I do have MS1 which I love but 702s are about 3 times better to my ears.


That always sucks doesn't it? It really doesn't help when you have tons of great music either :)

post #64 of 116

My K702 just arrived... Now it's time for a re-cable.

post #65 of 116

^Nice. That's the reason that I got the K702s over the 701s :)

post #66 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post

^Nice. That's the reason that I got the K702s over the 701s :)


The color too.

post #67 of 116

I just got mine but am not thinking about custom recabling yet -- I am concerned about not *having* to recable down the road as I had to last year with my K240DF. Therefore 702 and not 701. And I agree, white or cream will look dirty pretty soon.

 

Sooner or later the cable will get damaged or short out from wear at the amplifier jack end if it's used a lot.


Edited by renlute - 6/14/10 at 3:02pm
post #68 of 116

Well, I needed to re-cable...   

IMG_0070.jpg

Using an SWZ Gaming Cable... "Feather Weight" version.

post #69 of 116

I highly recommend SWZ cables. Very accommodating, & takes it very serious.

post #70 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post




The color too.

Oh yea; and to top it all off I got the Blue-Dragon cables to match :) (That wasn't the reason I got them but hey it's another plus in my book) :)
 

post #71 of 116

I've kept the 702s burning round the clock, plugged into my stereo tuner at normal listening level. This is the end of Week One, so we are pushing 200 hours.

 

Frankly I don't notice a whale of a lot of difference. Hard to tell judging from different musical sources on the radio. I was not at all disappointed in the bass right out of the box. It is sounding impressive now, though, perhaps a bit moreso than initially.

 

I do need a new headphone amp, parts are on the way. My Presonus hp4 does not have the cajones for it though it is often sold with 70xs by vendors on Ebay. Max level is low-normal listening, turned all the way up.

 

But there is one irritating flaw. The headband leaves dents in my scalp. I do not have all the myriad thin, natural fibers that young men and all women have growing on their heads to protect the top of the head from the 702's uneven leather band surface. I will have to figure out some kind of replacement or modification. My K240DF and S models were just fine in that regard. Suggestions?

 

Ah, I see there are threads on this topic -- search on K702 headband.

 

 

post #72 of 116

^Yea there are some threads around here with mods for the headband; I thought about cutting the humps off or putting something in between them at some point.... but I don't really think I'm going to go through with it. 

 

But yea I'm at 100 hours now and I got some noticeable change from first getting them and what I'm hearing now. Can't wait to hit 200 :)

post #73 of 116


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by renlute View Post

 

I do need a new headphone amp, parts are on the way. My Presonus hp4 does not have the cajones for it though it is often sold with 70xs by vendors on Ebay. Max level is low-normal listening, turned all the way up.

 


The minimum amp for the K-701/2 will be the Meier Headfive around $180 used. If you're a Mac user, the Apogee Duet will do the job.

post #74 of 116

I'm getting parts for a Sjostrom Audio QRV-07. Per-Anders says it is very high-powered and will drive anything. We shall see.

post #75 of 116


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Spade View Post

^Yea there are some threads around here with mods for the headband; I thought about cutting the humps off or putting something in between them at some point.... but I don't really think I'm going to go through with it. 

 

But yea I'm at 100 hours now and I got some noticeable change from first getting them and what I'm hearing now. Can't wait to hit 200 :)


4714461087_7ae342aee6_b.jpg

 

If you plan to keep the headphones, I would do it any day. Less aesthetically pleasing, but hey :) atleast much more comfortable.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › A K702 impressions thread