ulilith does seem grainier than foobar but the graininess seems to contribute to this extra reverb detail I'm hearing. I'm not sure what it is. Foobar seems cleaner but a little more boring in the mids. Now as to which one is more bitperfect I have no idea. This graininess is the analog sounding analogy i was referring to in one of the earlier posts. Thats also what heard before with ulilith.
Related Forum Threads
- Desire for Great Audio with future improvements Last post on 11/6/12 at 11:10am in Computer Audio
- Setup from scratch? Last post on 11/1/12 at 12:27pm in Computer Audio
- Is this a working setup? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:57pm in Computer Audio
- New Poster need help with PC speaker setup. all input appreciated Last post on 7/22/12 at 10:08pm in Computer Audio
- Homemade Computer Speakers Last post on 6/11/12 at 1:44pm in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
A (better sounding?) alternative to Foobar2000 -OR- A musing in the realm of bit-perfect streaming - Page 15
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The problem is if you don't know if its bit perfect it just doesn't really mean much. With Ozone Izoptope VST I can make any software player sound fantastic, but thats mastering not being a transport. A transports function is to reproduce the CD bit for bit nothing more.
I did a quick setup of the stealth audio player. It refuses to decode flac for whatever reason, so I had to use wav files. I guess you need to know DOS. Anyway it passes the bit-perfect test using ASIO on Win 7X64 EMU0404 PCI with my mother board, etc, etc. I can't do any quality comparisons today as I am working on my amp. It is an interesting little program to be so small is an advantage.
Edited by regal - 6/1/10 at 6:24am
OK, what chunk size if I may ask?
I start wondering how to measure audio graininess, I'll get back to ya on this!
I really think we are going to need help from a hardcore DIYer that is willing to install Twisted Pear Audio's Audio Controller 1 (AC-1)and have it read the sample rate directly from the DAC's DPLL register values. This will tell us exactly what the difference is between OSes, drivers, software players, etc., etc.
Here are the two links again about the AC-1:
PS: Wish I had the knowledge to implement this myself!
It is sort of like a subtle version of those vinyl rips we were talking about. Like comparing a new beatles remaster vs an old vinyl rip. The old vinyls are undoubtedly grainier than the new remasters but are more pleasureable to listen to sometimes. The differences are so subtle here though with the players when using windows 7 that I won't object to anyone saying that it is placebo.
The differences are so subtle here though with the players when using windows 7
Real men use XP. They keep bloating the whole OS since Vista...more background processes doing god knows what sneakily in the background and hogging your system, more bloat in the video department w/ that pesky Aero hogging the VSYNC, more bloat in the audio engine...like forcing you to set a fixed sample rate, now who came up w/ such a retarded idea?? m$ are just doing it wrong, they wanna market the MacOS ppl. Not to blame them, these are the ppl paying for software....they want a dumbed down GUI, m$ delivers.
Many ppl prefer KS in XP over WASAPI in W7, duh.
W8 should be out soon enough, maybe they won't screw up again...many ppl prefer Vista over W7 too hah. I'm the local admin of my box, I want to control each and every background process running on my system.
Edited by leeperry - 6/1/10 at 3:30pm
dunno about the whole bloat thing on the OS front. All I'm saying is that I did notice a difference in sound when changing from OS to OS. xp to vista then to w7. Again, people can call it placebo since I did not do any scientific tests. With XP I thought my players had bigger differences in sound against each other.
and I still rest my case that it's not a matter of the other players sounding "better" than foobar, it's just foobar that's....foobar'ed: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar_9.html
bit-perfect ASIO in foobar?
you don't say
as Michel Audiard made Jean Gabin say in "Les Grandes Familles": "I'm not against apologies, I'm even willing to accept some"
Edited by leeperry - 6/1/10 at 4:57pm
lol you hack! That test was done with asio 0.9. and the version is at 1.2.7 now.... retest or go find somewhere else to troll
this is wrong!
this is what it actually says!
Edited by muad - 6/1/10 at 4:52pm
sorry, I don't use foobar...It makes my ears bleed for some reason
they have to prove that they are finally bit-perfect now(about time?), why should I prove that they aren't? you got it backward my little friend.
- A (better sounding?) alternative to Foobar2000 -OR- A musing in the realm of bit-perfect streaming
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 2 minutes ago
- › FS: German Maestro 8.35 D Monitor Headphones, like new with box -... 2 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 2 minutes ago
- › History of the AKG K1000? 3 minutes ago
- › F/S: Ibasso DX90 with extras 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Fiio X3 barely used $100 shipped in CONUS only 3 minutes ago
- › What are good over ear headphones for electronic music and nice... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)