See sig. Its keeping me content for the moment.
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
FiiO Mont Blanc for IEM When you pick up the Mont Blanc you feel like you have something substantial in your hand. Not that is is overly heavy, no, it is conveys the impression that this thing...
I borrowed these from a friend as a trial and I can see why he likes them, unfortunately I do not. Let me elaborate on this as it's no justification at all to dismiss these earphone because I...
My main review is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/752588/review-earwerkz-supra-the-universal-custom-in-ear-monitor. This will house the TL;DR version: From the comfort, custom-like fit,...
post your HD650 setup - Page 7post #91 of 959/26/10 at 5:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 959/26/10 at 6:56ampost #93 of 959/26/10 at 6:59amFor the moment my source is a MacBook Pro connected to a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC via optical.
This is soon about to change and will be a Lacie NAS connected via Ethernet to the DAC as the network card for it will be coming out in a few weeks enabling high resolution files to be played. I rip in ALAC or AIFF.
From the dac I have balanced Audioquest Diamondback cables going to the Luxman P-1u to drive the HD650 with Silver Dragon cable. Pretty happy with this setup and my cans of choice for rock, alternative, reggae etc...
The Silver Dragon really is a must for me on the HD650 as it tames the bass and removes the veil.post #94 of 959/26/10 at 4:23pmQuote:
The PS3 just acts as a transport as the DAC bypasses its internal decoding via optical. As far as I can see the PS3 itself can rip CDs at 320kpbs MP3 which is pretty much good enough, and it should be able to play WAV files. As for lossless I don't think it can play FLAC but I might be wrong. To my ears this setup is certainly better sounding than my laptop via USB. Of course the PS3 can also just act as a CD player too.
- post your HD650 setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › TDK BA200, LNIB 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Headroom Total Bithead - refurbished (black) 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)