See sig. Its keeping me content for the moment.
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
post your HD650 setup - Page 7post #91 of 959/26/10 at 5:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 959/26/10 at 6:56ampost #93 of 959/26/10 at 6:59amFor the moment my source is a MacBook Pro connected to a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC via optical.
This is soon about to change and will be a Lacie NAS connected via Ethernet to the DAC as the network card for it will be coming out in a few weeks enabling high resolution files to be played. I rip in ALAC or AIFF.
From the dac I have balanced Audioquest Diamondback cables going to the Luxman P-1u to drive the HD650 with Silver Dragon cable. Pretty happy with this setup and my cans of choice for rock, alternative, reggae etc...
The Silver Dragon really is a must for me on the HD650 as it tames the bass and removes the veil.post #94 of 959/26/10 at 4:23pmQuote:
The PS3 just acts as a transport as the DAC bypasses its internal decoding via optical. As far as I can see the PS3 itself can rip CDs at 320kpbs MP3 which is pretty much good enough, and it should be able to play WAV files. As for lossless I don't think it can play FLAC but I might be wrong. To my ears this setup is certainly better sounding than my laptop via USB. Of course the PS3 can also just act as a CD player too.
- post your HD650 setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › 2 days in Tokyo - looking for HighEnd HiFi shops 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Issues with the ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)