See sig. Its keeping me content for the moment.
Related Forum Threads
- Out to buy my first set of real headphones...looking for some open ear choices under $300 Last post on 6/27/12 at 8:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Advice on a new open and closed headphone Last post on 7/5/12 at 7:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- In the Market Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 or HD600 Last post on 8/11/12 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
post your HD650 setup - Page 7post #91 of 959/26/10 at 5:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 959/26/10 at 6:56ampost #93 of 959/26/10 at 6:59amFor the moment my source is a MacBook Pro connected to a PS Audio Perfectwave DAC via optical.
This is soon about to change and will be a Lacie NAS connected via Ethernet to the DAC as the network card for it will be coming out in a few weeks enabling high resolution files to be played. I rip in ALAC or AIFF.
From the dac I have balanced Audioquest Diamondback cables going to the Luxman P-1u to drive the HD650 with Silver Dragon cable. Pretty happy with this setup and my cans of choice for rock, alternative, reggae etc...
The Silver Dragon really is a must for me on the HD650 as it tames the bass and removes the veil.post #94 of 959/26/10 at 4:23pmQuote:
The PS3 just acts as a transport as the DAC bypasses its internal decoding via optical. As far as I can see the PS3 itself can rip CDs at 320kpbs MP3 which is pretty much good enough, and it should be able to play WAV files. As for lossless I don't think it can play FLAC but I might be wrong. To my ears this setup is certainly better sounding than my laptop via USB. Of course the PS3 can also just act as a CD player too.
- post your HD650 setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cowons new Astell & Kern competitor Plenue 1 29 seconds ago
- › Need help narrowing things down (Between 50-$150) 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 2 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 5 minutes ago
- › ASTRO MIXAMP PRO 2011 version 5 minutes ago
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 8 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)