I didn't like my Hifimediy T1 with the HE-6...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 667
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i will hook a tube amp in betw the dac n the T-amp...the postman should come with my toy any day now...
see how it goes :P
Postman came thru the storm...
70bucks to rock your HE-6 to no end...3 hours and it is still cool to the touch. v TINY box, NICE !!
Soundwise, running thru my albums... havent got a reason to complain about this tiny amp yet.
Its airy, its got slamm, good clarity....seems to melt into my setup just fine.
u guys check this out k..if u need a small tinbox to sit on your sofa armrest :P
Edited by Lorspeaker - 11/3/13 at 11:56pm
I used to own their Complement Balanced. Great sounding cable, well crafted just a little too heavy for me.
I think he does a great job.
I'm seriously considering this receiver...
Used that exact model for my HE6 a few years ago. Can't remember much-but it seemed to drive them well from the speaker taps, with bass to kill for. I think I was using a Reference 9 at the time.
Yeah I cant read it either. That would help me understand the anomaly on the green line in the 3-4khz region.
It's the right channel with resistors on my amp output. Just testing to see if there was a difference with and without resistors on amp out.
The anomaly with the green line might be slight driver mismatch.
Do you find that anomaly perceptible?
No. I previously had an imbalance with mid bass, but I fixed that after blowing out the disintegrated foam. And that was on my left driver too...
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 5 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 28 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 32 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for up/side-grade (from SRH940) 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon Harkar BT or...HD 598 or ATH50? 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)