or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 637

post #9541 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I had a friend over yesterday and he never heard high end headphones. He listened to all my headphones. the HD800,HE6,LCD2 and the Fostex th900 plus the PSB M4U on the WA5 and when asked which headphone he liked th ebest he said hands down the HE6 was the best sounding headphone of the bunch.  I love the he6 on the WA5.

Ahh the blank slate. No bias.

 

"Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is"

post #9542 of 19433

At a recent mini-meet we had a guy who had never heard any of the high end stuff. For that matter, not much of the mid tier either. He tried the HD600 and was blown away by it. Then he tried the HE-6 and was further blown away. Upon learning the prices however, he decided if he would go for something it would be the Senn. Ah well, can't win 'em all :rolleyes: Were I in his position though, the Senn would be the easier pick as well. Less than a quarter of the price, far easier amping requirements... I mean let's face it guys, those of us in this thread are all pretty much in cuckoo land at this point anyways :tongue:

post #9543 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossliew View Post

 

Hmm...wonder if WW can do a similar one for my HD650 with matching pigtails for speaker amp use

:biggrin:

 

They could. But take it e-a-s-y with those efficient cans.:normal_smile :

 

I should try something wicked with my own '650.'

post #9544 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post
 

At a recent mini-meet we had a guy who had never heard any of the high end stuff. For that matter, not much of the mid tier either. He tried the HD600 and was blown away by it. Then he tried the HE-6 and was further blown away. Upon learning the prices however, he decided if he would go for something it would be the Senn. Ah well, can't win 'em all :rolleyes: Were I in his position though, the Senn would be the easier pick as well. Less than a quarter of the price, far easier amping requirements... I mean let's face it guys, those of us in this thread are all pretty much in cuckoo land at this point anyways :tongue:

 

Can we make it :tongue_smile: anymore Past Tense...

post #9545 of 19433

LOL yeah i wouldn't wanna blow my cans with a speaker amp :biggrin:  Looks like I need to search for a used pair of HE-6 pronto!

post #9546 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

wow it actually works!!!

lacks bass and sounds kinda distant compared to GSX MK2, and it does clip at loud, but u can actually get a DECENT listening volume. wow, it did better than i thought. didn't clip as terribly as WA6-SE, perhaps the WA22 has better current output, or the push-pull balanced is more efficient.


What tubes are you using? I used Brimar 5R4GY, TS5998 and VT231.

I didn't find it lacking in the bass or distant, rather warm and intimate compared to the other options. Not unlike the V200, which also is nice (fed balanced)
post #9547 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

wow it actually works!!!

 

lacks bass and sounds kinda distant compared to GSX MK2, and it does clip at loud, but u can actually get a DECENT listening volume. wow, it did better than i thought. didn't clip as terribly as WA6-SE, perhaps the WA22 has better current output, or the push-pull balanced is more efficient.

 

Funnily I could not get my old Woo6 SE, at way above my normal listening level, to clip with the HE6's although I agree bass was lacking.

post #9548 of 19433
I think DG has got a special talent for clipping.Might be a karma-thing ,)
Edited by ardilla - 10/3/13 at 3:50am
post #9549 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

I think DG has got a special talent for clipping.Might be a karma-thing ,)

 

Safety First -

 

I think DG has a gig waiting @ UL (Underwriters Laboratories). With a focus on :wink_face:Consumer Electronics - Audio. 

post #9550 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

I had a friend over yesterday and he never heard high end headphones. He listened to all my headphones. the HD800,HE6,LCD2 and the Fostex th900 plus the PSB M4U on the WA5 and when asked which headphone he liked th ebest he said hands down the HE6 was the best sounding headphone of the bunch.  I love the he6 on the WA5.

 

I am so tempted to sell my WA5-LE and order a WA5 just for the K1000 output.:veryevil: In that way I can eliminate my Threshold T50 used exclusively for the HE-6.

post #9551 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post
 

 

I am so tempted to sell my WA5-LE and order a WA5 just for the K1000 output.:veryevil: In that way I can eliminate my Threshold T50 used exclusively for the HE-6.

 

Why isn't the WA5LE good enough for the HE-6?

post #9552 of 19433

K1K Output.

post #9553 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

 

I am so tempted to sell my WA5-LE and order a WA5 just for the K1000 output.:veryevil: In that way I can eliminate my Threshold T50 used exclusively for the HE-6.

My WA5 monos are going to have the K1K Outputs (L/R 4-pin XLR). :veryevil:

post #9554 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

My WA5 monos are going to have the K1K Outputs (L/R 4-pin XLR). :veryevil:

 

Wouldn't it in principle be possible to use 4 monos to drive a fully balanced rig? Just for the fun of it? 

post #9555 of 19433

:D Yeah, with someone else's money

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone