- 1,221 Posts. Joined 9/2010
- Location: Norway
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Yesterday
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 614post #9196 of 108137/29/13 at 2:06pmThanks Clemmaster.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9197 of 108137/29/13 at 4:27pmI just took the calculator to find out what the measured sensitivity if the HE-6 is, based on Inner Fidelity's number: to reach 90dB it takes 19.69mW. Am I right, that this translates to a sensitivity of about 77.5dB (at 1mW) ?
If so, then it's MUCH lower than spec'ed (83.5dB).post #9198 of 108137/29/13 at 6:38pmpost #9199 of 108137/30/13 at 3:56ampost #9200 of 108138/8/13 at 9:29pm
I just bought a used Krell KAV-400xi to go with my HE-6. It does 200wpc @8ohms so that's roughly 30wpc @50ohms.
I can't wait til it arrives! I can finally have a fully balanced setup and I'll hide in my cave til the next hifiman flagship gets releasedpost #9201 of 108138/8/13 at 9:37pmpost #9202 of 108138/30/13 at 5:52ampost #9203 of 108138/30/13 at 6:13ampost #9204 of 108138/30/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
1) i don´t have yet the he-6 and the he-5le
2) too much workpost #9205 of 108139/2/13 at 9:15ampost #9206 of 108139/4/13 at 8:18ampost #9207 of 108139/4/13 at 9:57ampost #9208 of 108139/4/13 at 11:03ampost #9209 of 108139/4/13 at 11:36am
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Schiit Owners Unite 39 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 2 minutes ago
- › December 2013 - Mook Headphone Festival Singapore 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80s and Fatherhood. 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 [EU] 6 minutes ago
- › YH.ISO.GOODCVV ==>SELL CVV GOOD ALL COUNTRY /TRANSFER WU /BANK... 6 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 6 minutes ago
- › YH.ISO.GOODCVV ==>SELL CVV GOOD ALL COUNTRY /TRANSFER WU /BANK... 7 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi