Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 610

post #9136 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

What part of MD are you in.  The CAF is at the end of July in Silver Spring MD.  A few of us Head Fi'ers will be there.

Do you know which day ? I asked vu and déjà vu audio if I could bring an adapter to listen to amps through headphones. I have done it at this shop but maybe able to do at the fest.
post #9137 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc11028 View Post


Do you know which day ? I asked vu and déjà vu audio if I could bring an adapter to listen to amps through headphones. I have done it at this shop but maybe able to do at the fest.

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668192/capital-audiofest-meet-july-26-28-silver-spring-md-at-sheraton-hotel

post #9138 of 13994
I am bringing he6 and adapter and I will see what happens. I am super eager to hear what those eager mega money amps offer for he6.
post #9139 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cante Ista View Post

I am bringing he6 and adapter and I will see what happens. I am super eager to hear what those eager mega money amps offer for he6.

 

If I were you, I'll bring some music that I'm familiar with also. I know the source will be different than yours but it would still let you hear the differences.

post #9140 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post

 

If I were you, I'll bring some music that I'm familiar with also. I know the source will be different than yours but it would still let you hear the differences.

Absolutely. That is a good tip. Thanks. Preproman is brining Stereophile test CDs that I am familiar with. In addition to all kinds of noises they come with some nicely recorded tracks (mostly classical). I am planning to bring one or 2 other CDs as well. 

post #9141 of 13994
Wow, so this is the HE6 hangout. I searched the headphone forum and missed it. I posted the following over in the headphone forum:

I'd like to try the HE6 with my CEntrance HIFI-M8 once it ships.

I did a quick search, and didn't find an HE6 owner's hang out thread, hence the new thread. Basically, I'd like to try the HE6 with my soon to ship CEntrance HIFI-M8. I'm afraid it will be underwhelming, but I'd like to give it a shot. HIFI-M8 does 1.5W into 50 ohm, so it might be close.

I'm actually East Bay / Sacramento area, Vacaville specifically. If we can set up a meet, I can offer balanced Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.2, balanced Senn HD650's, and iBasso PB2/DB2 stack, a macbook air with Bit Perfect + iTunes, and some music. Adult beverages could probably be arranged, assuming you are an adult... My house is not good for listening - loose cannon 8 year old daughter. There will be no peace...

Shoot me a PM or post here if you live "relatively" near and have the HE6. I expect to have the HIFI-M8 in the next 1 to 4 weeks.

Thank you!
post #9142 of 13994

Will you be able to make the California Audio Show in The City on 9 August? Perhaps, there'll be some HiFiMan goodness there.

post #9143 of 13994
Planning on it, work permitting. I'll bring my stable. Not a lot of stuff, and it all travels easily.
post #9144 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

Planning on it, work permitting. I'll bring my stable. Not a lot of stuff, and it all travels easily.

 

rolleyes.gif Only now just noticed your "Sig."

post #9145 of 13994
Lol!
post #9146 of 13994

Back in March, I scored a big fat Sansui G-22000 from W.Sacramento. Hope to hear the HE-6 pumped through this iron in a couple of months. 

post #9147 of 13994
Wow! 1.5W in 50 Ohms from a portable amp, that's quite a lot. Jugding from that it could actually drive the HE-6 nicely. My Burson Soloist (desktop amp weighing about 4 kilos) drives the HE-6 beautifully and is about 1.5W in 50 Ohm too. Whether the HiFi M8 has powerful enough PSU, speed etc., time will tell.
post #9148 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

Wow! 1.5W in 50 Ohms from a portable amp, that's quite a lot. Jugding from that it could actually drive the HE-6 nicely. My Burson Soloist (desktop amp weighing about 4 kilos) drives the HE-6 beautifully and is about 1.5W in 50 Ohm too. Whether the HiFi M8 has powerful enough PSU, speed etc., time will tell.

I think I am incorrect. 1.5W total. No impedance noted. Likely somewhat below 750 mW per channel @ 50 ohm, but class A. It's a beast for a portable solution.

Looks like I am in the second group to ship, late August. I'll have to find another opportunity to try the HE6 with it, I won't have it in time for the California Audio show. I do hope to compare the HE6 and HE500 side by side though.
Edited by aamefford - 7/16/13 at 9:19am
post #9149 of 13994
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post


I think I am incorrect. 1.5W total. No impedance noted. Likely somewhat below 750 mW per channel @ 50 ohm, but class A. It's a beast for a portable solution.

Looks like I am in the second group to ship, late August. I'll have to find another opportunity to try the HE6 with it, I won't have it in time for the California Audio show. I do hope to compare the HE6 and HE500 side by side though.

i thought the difference between the he500 and he6 was modest on a reasonably powerful headphone amp (violectric hpa v200, 2.7 watts into 50 ohms).  the he6 was worth the difference but nothing to get all that excited about.  but the he6 on a quality speaker amp is a whole different species. you need to try it that way to see what it can do

post #9150 of 13994
I had the 500s and 6s together on the same speaker amp and come to the conclusion that the 500s were about 85-90% of the 6s. The extensions on both ends are better defined and the soundstage was more expanded. But that could have been placebo on my part. Seems everything preferred around this place is placebo.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone