Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 61

post #901 of 15505

Depends how loud you like to listen?

 

I heard it paired with a Concerto last night and found the combo quite nice on the high-gain setting.

post #902 of 15505
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novalis View Post

 

Anyone tried them on the HA-160 btw?

 

I use the LCD2 with the HA 160 and has be very good. The Burson is the best amp I have had so far. The Meier Concerto is worth mentioning too, but I am not into their sound.

post #903 of 15505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post

Depends how loud you like to listen?

 

I heard it paired with a Concerto last night and found the combo quite nice on the high-gain setting.


Oh nice. I don't listen too loud. Loud enough so it's not doing my ears damage. I wonder how the HA160 does. Did you get a chance to compare yours to another pair also?


Edited by matthewh133 - 11/14/10 at 5:35pm
post #904 of 15505

I was about to buy a pair of LCD-2's, but have changed my mind to the HE-6. now I am trying to find an amp for them, which has become more confusing. Spending money can be so hard sometimes.

post #905 of 15505

Not side by side. But soon will.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post


Oh nice. I don't listen too loud. Loud enough so it's not doing my ears damage. I wonder how the HA160 does. Did you get a chance to compare yours to another pair also?

post #906 of 15505


 


Yes, I have tried them with my Boomslang/Toucan combo.  Using high gain, I am running them at about 12-1PM for a comfortable listening level.   SQ is excellent.  I should think that the performance should satisfy most any listening requirement unless headbanging volume levels are desired.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoeiii View Post

HiFlight,

 

Had the chance to see if the Toucan can drive the HE-6s? Ray Samuel was showing off his new portable balanced amp by pairing it with the HE-6s yesterday at a Chicago meet, but I wondered if the Toucan would also be able to adequately power them.

 

 

post #907 of 15505


Quote:

Originally Posted by TruBrew View Post

I was about to buy a pair of LCD-2's, but have changed my mind to the HE-6. now I am trying to find an amp for them, which has become more confusing. Spending money can be so hard sometimes.


If you're not looking to spend too much you could do a lot worse than the HE-6/EF5 combo they have on special, but that ^ Toucan looks very interesting as well...


Edited by grokit - 11/14/10 at 6:30pm
post #908 of 15505

Sorry I remember this being mentioned before, but how much longer is the introductory $999 price going to last?

post #909 of 15505

"Did you have any problems connecting the HE-6 to the speaker out?  Is it as simple as going to an on-line music equipment company and ordering a good quality XLR connection to hook to the amp? "

 

It uses a 4 pin XLR, like the K1000 utilizes. Thus, you cannot use a "standard" XLR cable. Also, if you use an amp with over 100 wpc then an "adaptor" needs to be used which should be available from Fang.


Edited by DannyB - 11/14/10 at 6:51pm
post #910 of 15505
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

Sorry I remember this being mentioned before, but how much longer is the introductory $999 price going to last?



Introducing Price and free international shipping policy will be stoped after Jan 15th. 2011. 

From head-direct web site

post #911 of 15505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caphead78 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

Sorry I remember this being mentioned before, but how much longer is the introductory $999 price going to last?



Introducing Price and free international shipping policy will be stoped after Jan 15th. 2011. 

From head-direct web site


Perfect, thanks a lot Caphead! Good thing this hobby doesn't involve the use of eyes or I'd be in trouble wink.gif

post #912 of 15505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post

"Did you have any problems connecting the HE-6 to the speaker out?  Is it as simple as going to an on-line music equipment company and ordering a good quality XLR connection to hook to the amp? "

 

It uses a 4 pin XLR, like the K1000 utilizes. Thus, you cannot use a "standard" XLR cable. Also, if you use an amp with over 100 wpc then an "adaptor" needs to be used which should be available from Fang.



Impedance box isn't ready yet. Another couple weeks if the estimate of 1 month is correct from when the HE-6 was released.

post #913 of 15505

jeez... 200$ more AND adding shipping costs and NO LONGER throwing in the extras?

 

oh la la... do they come with a monthly fee too after Jan 15th?

post #914 of 15505


My HE6 came with a 4-pin XLR connector/SE pigtail just like the 5LE did.   I have a couple of pigtails for connecting directly to my speaker terminals.  I made a couple and also have one that came with my APS K1000 recable.  

 

The cable that comes with the HE6 is a very nice cable, extremely soft and flexible.  Much like that of the HE5 only made of copper.  I do not intend to recable my HE6, as they sound excellent with the stock cable.  

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

At first listen out of the box, even if my HE6 do not change at all with "burn-in", I will be a happy camper!   I am driving them directly from the speaker terminals of my Virtue 2.2.   (40 wpc into 8 ohms)


Did you make your own cable?

 

Oh you must be using your HE5-LE cable. Is it a custom make?



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR1 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

At first listen out of the box, even if my HE6 do not change at all with "burn-in", I will be a happy camper!   I am driving them directly from the speaker terminals of my Virtue 2.2.   (40 wpc into 8 ohms)



HiFlight,

Did you have any problems connecting the HE-6 to the speaker out?  Is it as simple as going to an on-line music equipment company and ordering a good quality XLR connection to hook to the amp?  Thanks.

 

post #915 of 15505

Removed:  duplicate post.


Edited by HiFlight - 11/14/10 at 7:33pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone