Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 566

post #8476 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

Congrats are in order!!!

 

So have you put the 6s on them?  Or are you just using speakers?  

 

Also what part of MD are you located?

 

 

Only with he6 so far.  Should have been clearer.  Was going to try speakers tomorrow.  The speakers are connected with pranawire speaker cables, which are the antithesis of flexible.  So I have to get up my courage and also need to move other stuff around to make everything fit to try with speakers  I got the m2 for the headphones so that is where I have been focusing so far

post #8477 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cante Ista View Post

congrats! Are you close enough to go the May 25 VA/dc/md headfi meet?

I am in Potomac so am close enough.  Will check out the date.

post #8478 of 14887

That will be a great DC meet:

 

F1J

M2

F3

 

Having a pre amp made so yeah.  That meet would be great if all can attend. 

post #8479 of 14887

Can't wait for y'all to get together!

post #8480 of 14887
Thank you HiFiMan. Happy Camper is a happy camper.

Welcome home my precious. tongue.gif
post #8481 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

Thank you HiFiMan. Happy Camper is a happy camper.

Welcome home my precious. tongue.gif

 

You got them?  How different do they look and sound?

post #8482 of 14887
I think they are new. New pleather pads and a hint. A free impedance box. redface.gif

So begins the break in but it will be with a smile.

not as stiff as the last pair, firm yet flexible. Sound is a 6........big soundstage, very detailed. I can finally compare the upgrades you do to yours.
Edited by Happy Camper - 3/25/13 at 10:14am
post #8483 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

... a hint. A free impedance box. redface.gif
 

 

They finally got you figured out Happy ... someone 'been spying on you biggrin.gif!

post #8484 of 14887
This may belong in the norse thread. Was listening to vocals (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong) to see how they sounded on a new amp and the sound was a little harsher than I expected up high. Just not great. So I unpacked the norse reign that I had put away and tried again, and everything was ins the right place. The difference is not all that subtle really. If you have s good source I think s cable upgrade makes a pretty noticeable difference for not all that much money.
post #8485 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc11028 View Post

This may belong in the norse thread. Was listening to vocals (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong) to see how they sounded on a new amp and the sound was a little harsher than I expected up high. Just not great. So I unpacked the norse reign that I had put away and tried again, and everything was ins the right place. The difference is not all that subtle really. If you have s good source I think s cable upgrade makes a pretty noticeable difference for not all that much money.
It's in the plan. I want to hear preproman's modified with the amp adapter being Reign too. It made the 500s sound very good.
post #8486 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

I think they are new. New pleather pads and a hint. A free impedance box. redface.gif

So begins the break in but it will be with a smile.

not as stiff as the last pair, firm yet flexible. Sound is a 6........big soundstage, very detailed. I can finally compare the upgrades you do to yours.

 

This Sunday, I'll raise a glass of Mimosa in your direction! Are you suggesting the sound stage got bigger with the new revised cans?

post #8487 of 14887

Has anyone here removed the headband from the earphones, and if so did you have any tricks to do it? from what Hifiman told me the screws were glued into place, but even with a heated hair blower I haven't been able to get a screw to budge

post #8488 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc11028 View Post

This may belong in the norse thread. Was listening to vocals (Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong) to see how they sounded on a new amp and the sound was a little harsher than I expected up high. Just not great. So I unpacked the norse reign that I had put away and tried again, and everything was ins the right place. The difference is not all that subtle really. If you have s good source I think s cable upgrade makes a pretty noticeable difference for not all that much money.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

This Sunday, I'll raise a glass of Mimosa in your direction! Are you suggesting the sound stage got bigger with the new revised cans?

+1?

post #8489 of 14887

As a passive HE-6 owner/thread follower, glad to see Happy Camper get his set back. gs1000.gif

 

Rock on mate!!

post #8490 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

This Sunday, I'll raise a glass of Mimosa in your direction! Are you suggesting the sound stage got bigger with the new revised cans?

No, I'm not comparing to past 6 sets but to the 500s Darryl was letting me use (great mate). Sorry if confusing. As for the toast(s), thank you brothers/sisters. The weekend snow storm gave me reason to take Monday off so I got in one day of good listening in. Right now they are in their morphing stage. Bass is going through it's adjustment. I'll leave them run for the next couple days so I can get a few days of comparisons with the M51 (another preproman loaner program biggrin.gif)

I've had the rare opportunity to audition many (HE-4, HE-400, HE-500, T-1, HD-800) headphones during the last two months. It was quite a journey and worth the loss of the 6s (for a short time). preproman has graciously given me a fun trial by generously offering part of his stable of headphones during the down time.

THANK YOU sincerely Darryl. cool.gif
Edited by Happy Camper - 3/26/13 at 6:05am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone