For hygiene and since the HE and LCD series are floating targets... I buy new. Sucks for the wallet, but good for getting the current Rev.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on Yesterday at 5:58 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Edited on 9/19/11
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 537post #8041 of 88852/1/13 at 8:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8042 of 88852/1/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Hygiene - yes - I'm the same way. That's why I like new.
The HE-6 has been stable for some time.
Talk to Justin. By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.post #8043 of 88852/1/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by gurus
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post
Edited my post to reflect the Goldpoint--
I have tried some Rothwell 10db attenuators but no big help--
I am looking into getting a Goldpoint Passive Volume Controller to go between my Gungir and the Emotiva XPA 200--But they are pretty pricey....
Oh Well--Otherwise sounds pretty darn good!!
By the way my LCD 2 Rev2's sound pretty awesome in this setup also--but even less volume knob range.....
I am looking into getting one of these -the Warpspeed LDR passive preamp- because I have too much gain on my amp even with the input control at the first notch of the stepped attenuator.
The basic config is quite reasonable, cheaper than the Goldpoint for a similar setup: and supposedly sounds way better if one believes the impressions on the different forums.
Where do you get these warpspeed from?
Jaclpost #8044 of 88852/1/13 at 9:04amQuote:
This is perfect as I didn't want to derail the thread but I just have a simple question when buying used. I see some come with the leather box and others come with the carry case. I'm assuming headphones shipped with the carry case are newer so is there any difference when buying used? Do I have to worry if I get one with a leather box (in terms of revisions ect)
Thankspost #8045 of 88852/1/13 at 9:04amQuote:
News to me, I certainly didn't get one two weeks ago for the LCD-2 ;) Also define 'some time'?post #8046 of 88852/1/13 at 9:09am
Are you a member of the diyAudio forum? The guy's name in there is "Blues".post #8047 of 88852/1/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Some time = the last 2 years.. AFAIK
Edited by preproman - 2/1/13 at 9:11ampost #8048 of 88852/1/13 at 9:18ampost #8049 of 88852/1/13 at 9:29am
The QC on the HiFiman head phones need to be upgraded IMO. First new pair of HE-6s went completely out in 1 week. Next new pair is working good. First new pair of HE-5LEs left channel went out. Got back from China all is good.
One thing for certain is the customer service is top notch. They will get it right.post #8050 of 88852/1/13 at 9:45am
This is the contact info as posted by Six moons and you can reach him via email.
afdflores @ msn.com
Edited by gurus - 2/1/13 at 9:48ampost #8051 of 88852/1/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Yes and fixed it for my case :DQuote:
Agreed!post #8052 of 88852/1/13 at 1:46pm
I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).post #8053 of 88852/1/13 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by khaine1711
I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).
Ask these guys.post #8054 of 88852/1/13 at 2:26pm
Hmpf! My reply was lost (using mobile) earlier today. I''ll try again and make it short since this isn't the place to comment it:
While I haven't (yet) compared it directly to the Conductor (or anything high end that people here know of) I would call it tonally very uncolored, especially when connected via ACSS to the Master-6. It is extremely transparent and the resolution is also top notch. Very smooth and grainless. Pitch black and deeeeep background. Very precise imaging. It draws holographic images of the recording scene (especially with my speakers) when this info is in the recording. Also, when it is in the recording, instruments can be placed to the extremes of the speakers (eg. to the left of the left speaker) - f.i. on Jen Chapin: reVisions from HDtracks. Bass, mids treble - none seems to be focused on or neglected. According to reviewers, the bass goes very deep and tight, and it should, since it has such a big PSU. The unit weighs 12,5 kilos netto! To me it really is worthy of the name: Reference.post #8055 of 88852/1/13 at 3:23pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Paradigm Anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr with extras. 1 minute ago
- › HD555 driver came off, help 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Universal IEM remolded OR Custom IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe