For hygiene and since the HE and LCD series are floating targets... I buy new. Sucks for the wallet, but good for getting the current Rev.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 537post #8041 of 108792/1/13 at 8:30am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8042 of 108792/1/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Hygiene - yes - I'm the same way. That's why I like new.
The HE-6 has been stable for some time.
Talk to Justin. By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.post #8043 of 108792/1/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by gurus
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post
Edited my post to reflect the Goldpoint--
I have tried some Rothwell 10db attenuators but no big help--
I am looking into getting a Goldpoint Passive Volume Controller to go between my Gungir and the Emotiva XPA 200--But they are pretty pricey....
Oh Well--Otherwise sounds pretty darn good!!
By the way my LCD 2 Rev2's sound pretty awesome in this setup also--but even less volume knob range.....
I am looking into getting one of these -the Warpspeed LDR passive preamp- because I have too much gain on my amp even with the input control at the first notch of the stepped attenuator.
The basic config is quite reasonable, cheaper than the Goldpoint for a similar setup: and supposedly sounds way better if one believes the impressions on the different forums.
Where do you get these warpspeed from?
Jaclpost #8044 of 108792/1/13 at 9:04amQuote:
This is perfect as I didn't want to derail the thread but I just have a simple question when buying used. I see some come with the leather box and others come with the carry case. I'm assuming headphones shipped with the carry case are newer so is there any difference when buying used? Do I have to worry if I get one with a leather box (in terms of revisions ect)
Thankspost #8045 of 108792/1/13 at 9:04amQuote:
News to me, I certainly didn't get one two weeks ago for the LCD-2 ;) Also define 'some time'?post #8046 of 108792/1/13 at 9:09am
Are you a member of the diyAudio forum? The guy's name in there is "Blues".post #8047 of 108792/1/13 at 9:09amQuote:
Some time = the last 2 years.. AFAIK
Edited by preproman - 2/1/13 at 9:11ampost #8048 of 108792/1/13 at 9:18ampost #8049 of 108792/1/13 at 9:29am
The QC on the HiFiman head phones need to be upgraded IMO. First new pair of HE-6s went completely out in 1 week. Next new pair is working good. First new pair of HE-5LEs left channel went out. Got back from China all is good.
One thing for certain is the customer service is top notch. They will get it right.post #8050 of 108792/1/13 at 9:45am
This is the contact info as posted by Six moons and you can reach him via email.
afdflores @ msn.com
Edited by gurus - 2/1/13 at 9:48ampost #8051 of 108792/1/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Yes and fixed it for my case :DQuote:
Agreed!post #8052 of 108792/1/13 at 1:46pm
I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).post #8053 of 108792/1/13 at 1:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by khaine1711
I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).
Ask these guys.post #8054 of 108792/1/13 at 2:26pm
Hmpf! My reply was lost (using mobile) earlier today. I''ll try again and make it short since this isn't the place to comment it:
While I haven't (yet) compared it directly to the Conductor (or anything high end that people here know of) I would call it tonally very uncolored, especially when connected via ACSS to the Master-6. It is extremely transparent and the resolution is also top notch. Very smooth and grainless. Pitch black and deeeeep background. Very precise imaging. It draws holographic images of the recording scene (especially with my speakers) when this info is in the recording. Also, when it is in the recording, instruments can be placed to the extremes of the speakers (eg. to the left of the left speaker) - f.i. on Jen Chapin: reVisions from HDtracks. Bass, mids treble - none seems to be focused on or neglected. According to reviewers, the bass goes very deep and tight, and it should, since it has such a big PSU. The unit weighs 12,5 kilos netto! To me it really is worthy of the name: Reference.post #8055 of 108792/1/13 at 3:23pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best headphones for Rock 26 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 28 seconds ago
- › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! 32 seconds ago
- › Open headphones under $250. 37 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 49 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing between Denon d2000 and Mad Dogs. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe