Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 537

post #8041 of 14887

For hygiene and since the HE and LCD series are floating targets... I buy new.  Sucks for the wallet, but good for getting the current Rev.

post #8042 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

For hygiene and since the HE and LCD series are floating targets... I buy new.  Sucks for the wallet, but good for getting the current Rev.

 

 

Hygiene - yes - I'm the same way.  That's why I like new.biggrin.gif

 

The HE-6 has been stable for some time.

 

Talk to Justin.  By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.

post #8043 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post

Edited my post to reflect the Goldpoint--



I have tried some Rothwell 10db attenuators but no big help--



I am looking into getting a Goldpoint Passive Volume Controller to go between my Gungir and the Emotiva XPA 200--But they are pretty pricey....



Oh Well--Otherwise sounds pretty darn good!!



By the way my LCD 2 Rev2's sound pretty awesome in this setup also--but even less volume knob range.....



Jack



I am looking into getting one of these -the Warpspeed LDR passive preamp- because I have too much gain on my amp even with the input control at the first notch of the stepped attenuator.

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/warpspeed/1.html

The basic config is quite reasonable, cheaper than the Goldpoint for a similar setup: and supposedly sounds way better if one believes the impressions on the different forums.


Where do you get these warpspeed from?

 

Thanks

 

Jacl

post #8044 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


Hygiene - yes - I'm the same way.  That's why I like new.biggrin.gif

The HE-6 has been stable for some time.

Talk to Justin.  By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.

This is perfect as I didn't want to derail the thread but I just have a simple question when buying used. I see some come with the leather box and others come with the carry case. I'm assuming headphones shipped with the carry case are newer so is there any difference when buying used? Do I have to worry if I get one with a leather box (in terms of revisions ect)

Thanks
post #8045 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Talk to Justin.  By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.

 

News to me, I certainly didn't get one two weeks ago for the LCD-2 ;)  Also define 'some time'?

post #8046 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post


Where do you get these warpspeed from?

 

Thanks

 

Jacl

 

Are you a member of the diyAudio forum? The guy's name in there is "Blues".

 

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/176847-warpspeed-optocoupler-volume-control.html

post #8047 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

 

News to me, I certainly didn't get one two weeks ago for the LCD-2 ;)  Also define 'some time'?

 

First post.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/625425/headphones-at-headamp-available-now-audeze-stax-hifiman-he-400-in-stock

 

Some time = the last 2 years..  AFAIK


Edited by preproman - 2/1/13 at 9:11am
post #8048 of 14887

Talk is talk.  He never came back with a number :(

post #8049 of 14887

The QC on the HiFiman head phones need to be upgraded IMO.  First new pair of HE-6s went completely out in 1 week.  Next new pair is working good.  First new pair of HE-5LEs left channel went out.  Got back from China all is good.

 

One thing for certain is the customer service is top notch.  They will get it right.biggrin.gif

post #8050 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiedh View Post


Where do you get these warpspeed from?

 

Thanks

 

Jacl

This is the contact info as posted by Six moons and you can reach him via email.

 

afdflores @ msn.com


Edited by gurus - 2/1/13 at 9:48am
post #8051 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

The QC on the HiFiman head phones need to be upgraded IMO.  First new pair of HE-6s went completely out in 3 week.  

 

Yes and fixed it for my case :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

One thing for certain is the customer service is top notch.  They will get it right.biggrin.gif

 

Agreed!

post #8052 of 14887


Hey guys,

 

I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).

post #8053 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post


Hey guys,

 

I'm making some final preparations before importing a he-6 (speaker amp, speaker tap cable and stuff). I have a small question tho: Does hard-wiring void warranty? Last I heard it does but I see few pages back someone sent back a hifiman hardwired for warranty? Let's say if you blew one driver and sent a hardwired phone back, do head-direct replace the driver and resolder the hardwire cable? (similar to grado with the Ps1k).

 

Ask these guys.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629253/head-direct-hifiman-customer-service-team

post #8054 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

What you think about your Ref 7.1?  Can you describe it?

Hmpf! My reply was lost (using mobile) earlier today. I''ll try again and make it short since this isn't the place to comment it:

While I haven't (yet) compared it directly to the Conductor (or anything high end that people here know of) I would call it tonally very uncolored, especially when connected via ACSS to the Master-6. It is extremely transparent and the resolution is also top notch. Very smooth and grainless. Pitch black and deeeeep background. Very precise imaging. It draws holographic images of the recording scene (especially with my speakers) when this info is in the recording. Also, when it is in the recording, instruments can be placed to the extremes of the speakers (eg. to the left of the left speaker) - f.i. on Jen Chapin: reVisions from HDtracks. Bass, mids treble - none seems to be focused on or neglected. According to reviewers, the bass goes very deep and tight, and it should, since it has such a big PSU. The unit weighs 12,5 kilos netto! To me it really is worthy of the name: Reference.

post #8055 of 14887
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


Hygiene - yes - I'm the same way.  That's why I like new.biggrin.gif

The HE-6 has been stable for some time.

Talk to Justin.  By you buying the GS-X - you get a discount on headphones.
Only for those who added a wing to the store..........cool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone