- 3,212 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:21 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 522post #7816 of 130481/9/13 at 3:07pmWhat he said
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7817 of 130481/9/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Yes this is a value that seldom gets used in the headphone world.Originally Posted by gurus
No real dedicated amps for the HE-6 except for a couple.
Even with the resistors the speaker amps blow away similarly priced dedicated amps. And you are getting two for the price of one. The same amp does double duty as a speaker amp and also drives the HE-6. So if you have a good speaker amp already at home the cost is zilch.post #7818 of 130481/9/13 at 3:39pm
The only issue I have with that is when I want to listen to my headphones, there is no easy way to keep going behind everything to disconnect the speakers. If there is a way to do this please pass it on.post #7819 of 130481/9/13 at 3:54pmFor the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....post #7820 of 130481/9/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
For the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....
A little dot 6 or an EF-6 won't give you that much improvement over the t60..... others may disagree, but that's where i stand on it.post #7821 of 130481/9/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Build a switch box?post #7822 of 130481/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #7823 of 130481/9/13 at 5:17pm
What I ended up doing is building a 4 pin XLR male cable that goes to my speakers. I'd just manually swap it out when I needed to switch between headphones/speakers. Not exactly the slickest, but it worked, was easy to build, and was cheap.post #7824 of 130481/9/13 at 5:29pmpost #7825 of 130481/9/13 at 5:41pmpost #7826 of 130481/9/13 at 6:26pmpost #7827 of 130481/9/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
This is an amazing feature that seems to be present on just about every vintage amp. I wish more modern ones had this.post #7828 of 130481/9/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
my old yamaha amp has that feature, but not my new denon, darnpost #7829 of 130481/9/13 at 7:18pmpost #7830 of 130481/10/13 at 12:43amQuote:
You are not on your own with your view, others have told me the same. The jump would be a tough call especially if I wanted the EF-6 as it retails for about £1200 here in UK. I am very happy with the Topping
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 21 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › Stil Haus Kitchens Vance Miller 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › PCB for dynalo with bc550c-560c (single-sided) + return gnd question 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › HE-500 with DX90 - a suitable option? 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude