- 3,170 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 522post #7816 of 126441/9/13 at 3:07pmWhat he said
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7817 of 126441/9/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Yes this is a value that seldom gets used in the headphone world.Originally Posted by gurus
No real dedicated amps for the HE-6 except for a couple.
Even with the resistors the speaker amps blow away similarly priced dedicated amps. And you are getting two for the price of one. The same amp does double duty as a speaker amp and also drives the HE-6. So if you have a good speaker amp already at home the cost is zilch.post #7818 of 126441/9/13 at 3:39pm
The only issue I have with that is when I want to listen to my headphones, there is no easy way to keep going behind everything to disconnect the speakers. If there is a way to do this please pass it on.post #7819 of 126441/9/13 at 3:54pmFor the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....post #7820 of 126441/9/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
For the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....
A little dot 6 or an EF-6 won't give you that much improvement over the t60..... others may disagree, but that's where i stand on it.post #7821 of 126441/9/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Build a switch box?post #7822 of 126441/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #7823 of 126441/9/13 at 5:17pm
What I ended up doing is building a 4 pin XLR male cable that goes to my speakers. I'd just manually swap it out when I needed to switch between headphones/speakers. Not exactly the slickest, but it worked, was easy to build, and was cheap.post #7824 of 126441/9/13 at 5:29pmpost #7825 of 126441/9/13 at 5:41pmpost #7826 of 126441/9/13 at 6:26pmpost #7827 of 126441/9/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
This is an amazing feature that seems to be present on just about every vintage amp. I wish more modern ones had this.post #7828 of 126441/9/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
my old yamaha amp has that feature, but not my new denon, darnpost #7829 of 126441/9/13 at 7:18pmpost #7830 of 126441/10/13 at 12:43amQuote:
You are not on your own with your view, others have told me the same. The jump would be a tough call especially if I wanted the EF-6 as it retails for about £1200 here in UK. I am very happy with the Topping
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New to CIEMs - Seal 3 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › DT770 32ohm, Shure SRH940 or ATH-A900x? 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone system recommendations desired! $1500 budget. 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 6 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dream Earz AUD 8x 8 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 11 minutes ago
- › Winter Meet 2014 Westerville ohio (north columbus) 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude