- 3,210 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 3/15/14 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 522post #7816 of 130161/9/13 at 3:07pmWhat he said
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7817 of 130161/9/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Yes this is a value that seldom gets used in the headphone world.Originally Posted by gurus
No real dedicated amps for the HE-6 except for a couple.
Even with the resistors the speaker amps blow away similarly priced dedicated amps. And you are getting two for the price of one. The same amp does double duty as a speaker amp and also drives the HE-6. So if you have a good speaker amp already at home the cost is zilch.post #7818 of 130161/9/13 at 3:39pm
The only issue I have with that is when I want to listen to my headphones, there is no easy way to keep going behind everything to disconnect the speakers. If there is a way to do this please pass it on.post #7819 of 130161/9/13 at 3:54pmFor the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....post #7820 of 130161/9/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
For the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....
A little dot 6 or an EF-6 won't give you that much improvement over the t60..... others may disagree, but that's where i stand on it.post #7821 of 130161/9/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Build a switch box?post #7822 of 130161/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #7823 of 130161/9/13 at 5:17pm
What I ended up doing is building a 4 pin XLR male cable that goes to my speakers. I'd just manually swap it out when I needed to switch between headphones/speakers. Not exactly the slickest, but it worked, was easy to build, and was cheap.post #7824 of 130161/9/13 at 5:29pmpost #7825 of 130161/9/13 at 5:41pmpost #7826 of 130161/9/13 at 6:26pmpost #7827 of 130161/9/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
This is an amazing feature that seems to be present on just about every vintage amp. I wish more modern ones had this.post #7828 of 130161/9/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
my old yamaha amp has that feature, but not my new denon, darnpost #7829 of 130161/9/13 at 7:18pmpost #7830 of 130161/10/13 at 12:43amQuote:
You are not on your own with your view, others have told me the same. The jump would be a tough call especially if I wanted the EF-6 as it retails for about £1200 here in UK. I am very happy with the Topping
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 42 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob