- 3,269 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 6:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 522post #7816 of 142861/9/13 at 3:07pmWhat he said
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7817 of 142861/9/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Yes this is a value that seldom gets used in the headphone world.Originally Posted by gurus
No real dedicated amps for the HE-6 except for a couple.
Even with the resistors the speaker amps blow away similarly priced dedicated amps. And you are getting two for the price of one. The same amp does double duty as a speaker amp and also drives the HE-6. So if you have a good speaker amp already at home the cost is zilch.post #7818 of 142861/9/13 at 3:39pm
The only issue I have with that is when I want to listen to my headphones, there is no easy way to keep going behind everything to disconnect the speakers. If there is a way to do this please pass it on.post #7819 of 142861/9/13 at 3:54pmFor the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....post #7820 of 142861/9/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
For the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....
A little dot 6 or an EF-6 won't give you that much improvement over the t60..... others may disagree, but that's where i stand on it.post #7821 of 142861/9/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Build a switch box?post #7822 of 142861/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #7823 of 142861/9/13 at 5:17pm
What I ended up doing is building a 4 pin XLR male cable that goes to my speakers. I'd just manually swap it out when I needed to switch between headphones/speakers. Not exactly the slickest, but it worked, was easy to build, and was cheap.post #7824 of 142861/9/13 at 5:29pmpost #7825 of 142861/9/13 at 5:41pmpost #7826 of 142861/9/13 at 6:26pmpost #7827 of 142861/9/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
This is an amazing feature that seems to be present on just about every vintage amp. I wish more modern ones had this.post #7828 of 142861/9/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
my old yamaha amp has that feature, but not my new denon, darnpost #7829 of 142861/9/13 at 7:18pmpost #7830 of 142861/10/13 at 12:43amQuote:
You are not on your own with your view, others have told me the same. The jump would be a tough call especially if I wanted the EF-6 as it retails for about £1200 here in UK. I am very happy with the Topping
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado e Series 18 seconds ago
- › B&W P7 51 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Noble 4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Need help choosing the best headphone for pop and country 1 minute ago
- › Modded Music Fidelity V-CAN II headphone amplifier X-TRA (Price... 2 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 with original packaging - Mint! 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)