- 3,039 Posts. Joined 11/2008
- Location: Chelsea, AL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 522post #7816 of 107731/9/13 at 3:07pmWhat he said
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7817 of 107731/9/13 at 3:23pmQuote:Yes this is a value that seldom gets used in the headphone world.Originally Posted by gurus
No real dedicated amps for the HE-6 except for a couple.
Even with the resistors the speaker amps blow away similarly priced dedicated amps. And you are getting two for the price of one. The same amp does double duty as a speaker amp and also drives the HE-6. So if you have a good speaker amp already at home the cost is zilch.post #7818 of 107731/9/13 at 3:39pm
The only issue I have with that is when I want to listen to my headphones, there is no easy way to keep going behind everything to disconnect the speakers. If there is a way to do this please pass it on.post #7819 of 107731/9/13 at 3:54pmFor the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....post #7820 of 107731/9/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpudHarris
For the cost of a TP60 (or similar) its worth getting one as a dedicated HE-6 amp. £160 (+ £3 for resistors) got me the best amp in my stable for the HE-6. I have a few amps around that are not up to the job that cost a hell of a lot more.
Eventually I'll end up with a Little Dot VI+ or an EF-6 but the justification will be tough.....
A little dot 6 or an EF-6 won't give you that much improvement over the t60..... others may disagree, but that's where i stand on it.post #7821 of 107731/9/13 at 4:38pmQuote:
Build a switch box?post #7822 of 107731/9/13 at 5:10pmpost #7823 of 107731/9/13 at 5:17pm
What I ended up doing is building a 4 pin XLR male cable that goes to my speakers. I'd just manually swap it out when I needed to switch between headphones/speakers. Not exactly the slickest, but it worked, was easy to build, and was cheap.post #7824 of 107731/9/13 at 5:29pmpost #7825 of 107731/9/13 at 5:41pmpost #7826 of 107731/9/13 at 6:26pmpost #7827 of 107731/9/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
This is an amazing feature that seems to be present on just about every vintage amp. I wish more modern ones had this.post #7828 of 107731/9/13 at 7:09pmQuote:
my old yamaha amp has that feature, but not my new denon, darnpost #7829 of 107731/9/13 at 7:18pmpost #7830 of 107731/10/13 at 12:43amQuote:
You are not on your own with your view, others have told me the same. The jump would be a tough call especially if I wanted the EF-6 as it retails for about £1200 here in UK. I am very happy with the Topping
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! 4 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 seconds ago
- › Can I use Vsonic gr07 mkII for gym? 53 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 amp/dac 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 2 minutes ago
- › What Headphones are Cheaper in Japan? 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi