- 3,467 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: New York City
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:53 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
T-PEOS is at it again… this time with the intention of pleasing the consumer market by offering an excellent sounding earphone without breaking the bank. The Altone 200 is the latest 3-way...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 485post #7261 of 1419111/11/12 at 8:31amNice.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7262 of 1419111/11/12 at 9:43am
How about this one http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-N22#.UJ_a9-Q73fE
Saw it from another thread. It should have enough juice from its speaker tap and a preamp to boot.post #7263 of 1419111/11/12 at 9:51am
Spark more discussion:
"I crunched the numbers for the HE-6 a year ago, and to utilize even 5 watts for a "transient" to be "perfect," that transient would be hitting 150db. Even if your recordings have the world's most abundant dynamic range, that would still put your average listening volume at 100db (at which point you'd STILL be using less than 1 watt). "post #7264 of 1419111/11/12 at 10:27ampost #7265 of 1419111/11/12 at 12:04pmpost #7266 of 1419111/11/12 at 12:16pmQuote:
I think that would be more than enough. OTL tube amps are almost always current limited into low impedance loads. whereas into the 50ohm load of the HE-6s it will be able to swing a ton more voltage before it runs out of current.
you can see this by their specs
30 watts into 8 ohms
45 watts into 16 ohms
My guestimated math says itll put somewhere between 4-5 watts into the HE-6s, which is about the same as my F1 doespost #7267 of 1419111/11/12 at 1:05pm
I just swapped the Electro Harmonix KT88EH with GE 6550 solid grey smooth plates in my amp. Very nice, no wonder these tubes are highly sought after. These are GE re-badge Tung Sol 6550 grey smooth plates made in the early 60s, GE never made coke bottle 6550s.
But the Tung Sol 6550 black smooth plates made in the 50s are even supposedly better and expensive.
Edited by wuwhere - 11/11/12 at 1:07pmpost #7268 of 1419111/11/12 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by wuwhere
This is the only Stratos amp that I know of, from Odyssey Audio.
Unless he has the Hovland Stratos monos.
Klaus of Odyssey Audio does different upgrades, I don't think they are listed on the website. A very popular one is the glass ceiling and the extreme.
I think he will build what a person wants or needs.post #7269 of 1419111/11/12 at 3:05pmQuote:
(Silent One quietly casts his vote for...Black)post #7270 of 1419111/11/12 at 3:34pm
Wu.......please don't talk tubes around a recovering tubewhore, I beg of thee.
Edited by Happy Camper - 11/11/12 at 3:36pmpost #7271 of 1419111/11/12 at 3:43pmpost #7272 of 1419111/11/12 at 4:43pmQuote:
The HE-400s are to sensitive for this amp IMO. You won't have any play on the volume knobpost #7273 of 1419111/11/12 at 5:52pmpost #7274 of 1419111/11/12 at 7:43pmpost #7275 of 1419111/11/12 at 8:22pmQuote:
Black plated tubes were mostly made in the 50s. They tend to sound better and are more durable and more expensive to manufacture.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › T-Peos Altone200 by d marc0
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)