adequate spadequate we're out for optimal results thus the jump from the Lyr to the Mojo..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 473post #7081 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7082 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:27ampost #7083 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:28amQuote:
ofc in comparison but also depending on experience. if one never heard better then the lyr may be adequate but once u get to higher end gear then the lyr is definitely not adequate. ofc I also think with the lyr that when it came out it was supposed to challenge the best amps but thats the case often with schiit productspost #7084 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
ofc in comparison but also depending on experience. if one never heard better then the lyr may be adequate but once u get to higher end gear then the lyr is definitely not adequate. ofc I also think with the lyr that when it came out it was supposed to challenge the best amps but thats the case often with schiit products
Adequate Particularly #2.
Ok. I really do apologize. Back to other HE-6 banter.post #7085 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:45ampost #7086 of 1081010/28/12 at 11:52ampost #7087 of 1081010/28/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
It was this statement that has caused the discussion. Ain't I a stinker?post #7088 of 1081010/28/12 at 12:19pmQuote:
Which way to go. Down between these two: The Audio-gd is $1K less.
orpost #7089 of 1081010/28/12 at 12:20pmQuote:
I heard a f1 clone a while back at a meet and with the he6 and hd800 they sounded really goodpost #7090 of 1081010/28/12 at 12:58pmpost #7091 of 1081010/28/12 at 1:05pmpost #7092 of 1081010/28/12 at 1:25pmQuote:
Very interesting, musicman59!post #7093 of 1081010/28/12 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Happy Camper
I defer. There are many, many threads discussing opinions. That's the point of this forum. There are many points of view. End of the day, we settle down and enjoy our music. I wish the best to opposing points of view and I'd still go fishing with everyone of ya.
It's my 60s rebel spirit. Anti establishment, feed the poor, eat the rich. If more power will make a better square wave, why deny it? I don't trust gear slingers, I've worked with them my entire life and with precious few exceptions, It's all about profits and will use any point to drive home their sell. If you've been here for a while, you can see the point all around this site.
I'm sitting with Happy Camper cafe side (virtually speaking) on this one, sharing similar tea, thoughts and experience.post #7094 of 1081010/28/12 at 2:02pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Using my HD650's on platforms other than my PC - need help with... 5 seconds ago
- › Need help for the best "closed" or "semi-closed' over ear for... 20 seconds ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 48 seconds ago
- › HE-500 what amp(maybe dac) for $250-350 ? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH440 Impression 3 minutes ago
- › Request for advise on a headphone affair 4 minutes ago
- › ath-m50s now what 5 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi