Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 472

post #7066 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

So again this is all in comparison to speaker amps.

 

 

I'm sorry - but I don't see your point.

post #7067 of 15502
What's the issue with a speaker amp that you so vehemently oppose? Our pursuit of better performance isn't limited to what's marketed here.
post #7068 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

What's the issue with a speaker amp that you so vehemently oppose? Our pursuit of better performance isn't limited to what's marketed here.

None. As already stated. 

 

What you're essentially saying is the Lyr does the HE-6 injustice comparatively to a speaker amp,

But the prep man drove home that it's an apple to oranges argument.

 

So again I just wonder what is adequate gear for an HE-6 review. Not what is the most optimal.

 

I want to make it clear, I don't disagree with the speaker amps being superior

and being the de facto for performance. 

post #7069 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

None. As already stated. 

 

What you're essentially saying is the Lyr does the HE-6 injustice comparatively to a speaker amp,

But the prep man drove home that it's an apple to oranges argument.

 

So again I just wonder what is adequate gear for an HE-6 review. Not what is the most optimal.

 

I want to make it clear, I don't disagree with the speaker amps being superior

and being the de facto for performance. 

 

 

O I C

post #7070 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

None. As already stated. 

What you're essentially saying is the Lyr does the HE-6 injustice comparatively to a speaker amp,
But the prep man drove home that it's an apple to oranges argument.

So again I just wonder what is adequate gear for an HE-6 review. Not what is the most optimal.

I want to make it clear, I don't disagree with the speaker amps being superior
and being the de facto for performance. 

Bra, that's what a lot of us are in pursuit of, optimal performance. We don't yet know what the "adequate gear" and optimal power is. Because the vast majority of headphones are different from the HE-6 (K1000 being the only comparative power user), using otherwise perfectly good headphone amps on them after others said they needed more power, IMO, was shedding less than deserving opinions.
post #7071 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahrose View Post

 

Thanks for the info Jose. I wonder about the appearance and reliability of this method. Do you feel this workaround looks/feel professional?

I think so. I will take pictures later.

post #7072 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxvc View Post

WTF is going on?  

 

yup this thread is going in circles !

 

1. "HE6 are great"

2. "XYZ is a (lot) better" / " i sold my HE6" / "i had HE6" /"BUying HE6, whcih amp"

3. "not enough power ", "Speaker amp" , "200WATTs" , " class A" , "%@#$#^ " , "Sold early , read the thread " "darkstar"+ >100W, blahblahblah...

4. "cable with speaker taps "  / " Pad rolling"

5. "1. LCD2 valor pads 2.original valor pads 3.O2 pads 4. LCD2 leather pads. 5. xyz... "

< JUMP TO EITHER (1.) OR (2) >

 

this has been the case for about 1 year now.

 

pads, speaker amps, Darkstar, EF6, LYR, we have one it all.

post #7073 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post


Bra, that's what a lot of us are in pursuit of, optimal performance. We don't yet know what the "adequate gear" and optimal power is. Because the vast majority of headphones are different from the HE-6 (K1000 being the only comparative power user), using otherwise perfectly good headphone amps on them after others said they needed more power, IMO, was shedding less than deserving opinions.

If an amp underdrives the HE-6 causing it to clip, that would be inadequate, correct? 

If an amp doesn't cause the HE-6 to clip, that would be adequate, no?

 

Of course, there will be disagreement being subjective and all. But I'm struggling to understand how the Lyr and HE-6 was an injustice.

Perhaps I'm really splitting hairs here.

post #7074 of 15502
I defer. There are many, many threads discussing opinions. That's the point of this forum. There are many points of view. End of the day, we settle down and enjoy our music. I wish the best to opposing points of view and I'd still go fishing with everyone of ya. beerchug.gif

It's my 60s rebel spirit. Anti establishment, feed the poor, eat the rich. If more power will make a better square wave, why deny it? I don't trust gear slingers, I've worked with them my entire life and with precious few exceptions, It's all about profits and will use any point to drive home their sell. If you've been here for a while, you can see the point all around this site.
Edited by Happy Camper - 10/28/12 at 11:47am
post #7075 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper View Post

I defer. There are many, many threads discussing opinions. That's the point of this forum. There are many points of view. End of the day, we settle down and enjoy our music. I wish the best to opposing points of view and I'd still go fishing with everyone of ya. beerchug.gif

Cool beans. beerchug.gif

post #7076 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

If an amp underdrives the HE-6 causing it to clip, that would be inadequate, correct? 

If an amp doesn't cause the HE-6 to clip, that would be adequate, no?

 

Of course, there will be disagreement being subjective and all. But I'm struggling to understand how the Lyr and HE-6 was an injustice.

Perhaps I'm really splitting hairs here.

 

 

Would you want to run a race in adequate health or condition?

 

or

 

Would you want to run a race in optimal health or condition?

post #7077 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

Would you want to run a race in adequate health or condition?

 

or

 

Would you want to run a race in optimal health or condition?

You and your trick questions. 

post #7078 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

You and your trick questions. 

 

 

 

400

post #7079 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

None. As already stated. 

What you're essentially saying is the Lyr does the HE-6 injustice comparatively to a speaker amp,
But the prep man drove home that it's an apple to oranges argument.

So again I just wonder what is adequate gear for an HE-6 review. Not what is the most optimal.

I want to make it clear, I don't disagree with the speaker amps being superior
and being the de facto for performance. 

imo the lyr has enough power but the quality is not good enough for a headphone like the he6
post #7080 of 15502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post


imo the lyr has enough power but the quality is not good enough for a headphone like the he6

Haha. I don't disagree. But that of course, is in comparison to other amps.

 

Perhaps it was semantics, but the Lyr is adequate. 

 

Anyways, my noggin is stubborn. Apologies for the frustrations. biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone