Has anybody done a comparison between, say, the Lawton pads and other non stock pads?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 2:51 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 467post #6991 of 1405010/26/12 at 6:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6992 of 1405010/26/12 at 7:09pmpost #6993 of 1405010/26/12 at 7:27pmQuote:
I have tried many others as well and prefer the Audeze pads as well.
A bit interested in the Lawton pads, any direct comparisons with the Audeze velours
would be much appreciated.post #6994 of 1405010/26/12 at 9:52pmQuote:
Just to make sure Jose, you mean the vegan pads right? What's the difference in sound between those and the HE6 velour? Look forward to your thoughts.post #6995 of 1405010/26/12 at 10:05pmQuote:
Yes. the vegan pads are the leather-free version*post #6996 of 1405010/27/12 at 6:15amQuote:
Yes the vegan pads. IMO they are more comfortable and provide a bigger soundstage also moving it a little bit to the front of you due to the angle. The HE-6 Mk II velour pads are my second favorites.post #6997 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:10ampost #6998 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:12ampost #6999 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:21amQuote:
I just used the black plastic rings from the MK II HE-6 ear pads kind of the same way as Denon did with their D_000 series. You can also use the sticky paper rings to secure the black plastic rings more if you are going to leave them permanently. I didn't do that incase I want to rotate pads.post #7000 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:24amQuote:
From that list I agree with you. That's why I said the HE-6 Velour MK II are my second choice after the Audeze Vegan. The list of ear pads I tried is:
HE-6 MkI velour, HE-6 Leather MKII, HE-6 Velour MKII, Denon stock, JMoney, Beyerdynamic velour, Beyerdynamic leather, Beyerdynamic Gel and Audeze vegan.post #7001 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:27ampost #7002 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:29ampost #7003 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:31am
I got the pads mostly for comfort and that the pads were making rubbing noises with my glasses. Also it looks so much better and the D7k were one of the most comfy headphones I ever owned. I was originally planning on buying the angled pads but Mark told me about the D7k pads he was selling for much cheaper so gave it a shot. I'm glad I did since those pads are pricey at around $100. I wish hifiman sold those rings separately since when I had the HE500 the ring started to slightly bend after changing it so many times but I guess I could just buy the velour pads since it's cheaper than the leather ones.post #7004 of 1405010/27/12 at 7:56ampost #7005 of 1405010/27/12 at 8:00amQuote:Originally Posted by musicman59
I just used the black plastic rings from the MK II HE-6 ear pads kind of the same way as Denon did with their D_000 series. You can also use the sticky paper rings to secure the black plastic rings more if you are going to leave them permanently. I didn't do that incase I want to rotate pads.
Thanks for the info Jose. I wonder about the appearance and reliability of this method. Do you feel this workaround looks/feel professional?
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 12 seconds ago
- › Double Amping 41 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for good amps&dacs 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)