Yea, I'd to like to hear 'em too on David Berning's version of OTL called ZOTL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 464
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For what its worth, Here's a K1000 review comparing K1000 to newer Headphones.
hope it helps.
That was a nice writeup, agreed on most counts but I definitely prefer the K1K to the 325i. But not to the dynamic flagships (HD800, LCD2, HE6). The HE6 in particular because it does absolutely everything so well and has similar driving requirements to the K1K. Between the two of them, the K1K and HE6 have cornered the "earspeaker" market. But the HE6 offers a more evolved presentation in every conceivable way when driven properly.
The K1K has the collector cred, a unique look, and that wide open ambiance going for it though.
Edited by grokit - 10/21/12 at 3:40pm
Check out a quality recorded live event and hear how articulate the ambient ques are.
Should be receiving a copy of B.B. King: Live at the Regal any day now and have been meaning to pick up Ray Charles: Live in Concert, both on SACD.
I am very new to this so bare with me. I started searching for headphones about three months ago and didn't want to spend any money. Just something around $200. I have went through I don't know how many cans. I know for a fact Amazon is tired of my returns. My last buy was about two weeks ago and I thought I was there. I had the HE-500 with the Schiit Lyr/bifrost combo. This was good, but something seem to missing. So I said I will try the HE-6 even though people say they are very hard to drive. I got them in a couple of days ago and just listen to them off my schiit combo and liked them better then the HE-500. So I decided to return the HE-500 to Amazon and keep the HE-6. I am still within my 15 day return on my schiit gear and plan to call and get an RMA on them tomorrow and order the Mjolinir/Gungnir combo on Friday.
I also have order the some replacement cable for them, from www.noseaudio.com (schuld 8) I order the speaker taps extension also, just in case I decide to run them that way. Right now my main source of music will be from my computer. Right now I have a xifi sound card to get a little better sound then the standard sound off a computer mother board.
I have read this from about half way though and see a lot of recommendations. Any suggestions for the new guy.
You mentioned the Gungnir and Mjolnir combo. I would wait for those and go from there. Of course I'm not sure what the turnaround time for those are but if it is short I would wait for that.
Yes, I plan to order them on Friday, are you saying I should wait to order them or place my order
Yes, My wallet is well,
Run, run fast and don't look back
Oh, ok, this is my last planned buy.
That's what they all say :)
On a side note I've always wondered why the HE6 thread is here while the HD800 is in another section of headfi..
If a certain thread title is to be believed...its cause HE stands for High End
Uh huh....of course it is....the planned buys are easy to manage. It's the unplanned ones that do the real damage
I've thought of that too. I think it has to do with the schism between head-fi factions. Once upon a time Summit meant stats, oddities like K1k, and anyone running HD650 on $10k worth of gear. It's shifted a bit with the advent of the new $1k+ price points, and HD800 was the first of those, so I suppose everyone at the time didn't think to lump it in with summit since it was the "logical upgrade to HD650" and the 650 thread was on the regular headphones section. Plus it was a chance for the early adopters to gloat in front of all the peons still using piddly sub $1k cans
On the other side, HE-6 was never a candidate for the regular headphone forum. You don't really even get sound out of them if you plug them into a normal headphone jack
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 16 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...