Yea, I'd to like to hear 'em too on David Berning's version of OTL called ZOTL.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on 7/22/14 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 464post #6946 of 1421610/21/12 at 1:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6947 of 1421610/21/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by singh
For what its worth, Here's a K1000 review comparing K1000 to newer Headphones.
hope it helps.
That was a nice writeup, agreed on most counts but I definitely prefer the K1K to the 325i. But not to the dynamic flagships (HD800, LCD2, HE6). The HE6 in particular because it does absolutely everything so well and has similar driving requirements to the K1K. Between the two of them, the K1K and HE6 have cornered the "earspeaker" market. But the HE6 offers a more evolved presentation in every conceivable way when driven properly.
The K1K has the collector cred, a unique look, and that wide open ambiance going for it though.
Edited by grokit - 10/21/12 at 3:40pmpost #6948 of 1421610/21/12 at 3:31pmQuote:
Check out a quality recorded live event and hear how articulate the ambient ques are.
Should be receiving a copy of B.B. King: Live at the Regal any day now and have been meaning to pick up Ray Charles: Live in Concert, both on SACD.post #6949 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:02pm
I am very new to this so bare with me. I started searching for headphones about three months ago and didn't want to spend any money. Just something around $200. I have went through I don't know how many cans. I know for a fact Amazon is tired of my returns. My last buy was about two weeks ago and I thought I was there. I had the HE-500 with the Schiit Lyr/bifrost combo. This was good, but something seem to missing. So I said I will try the HE-6 even though people say they are very hard to drive. I got them in a couple of days ago and just listen to them off my schiit combo and liked them better then the HE-500. So I decided to return the HE-500 to Amazon and keep the HE-6. I am still within my 15 day return on my schiit gear and plan to call and get an RMA on them tomorrow and order the Mjolinir/Gungnir combo on Friday.
I also have order the some replacement cable for them, from www.noseaudio.com (schuld 8) I order the speaker taps extension also, just in case I decide to run them that way. Right now my main source of music will be from my computer. Right now I have a xifi sound card to get a little better sound then the standard sound off a computer mother board.
I have read this from about half way though and see a lot of recommendations. Any suggestions for the new guy.post #6950 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:23pmpost #6951 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:24pm
You mentioned the Gungnir and Mjolnir combo. I would wait for those and go from there. Of course I'm not sure what the turnaround time for those are but if it is short I would wait for that.post #6952 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:31pmQuote:
Yes, I plan to order them on Friday, are you saying I should wait to order them or place my orderQuote:
Yes, My wallet is well,post #6953 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:32pmpost #6954 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:36pmQuote:
Run, run fast and don't look backpost #6955 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:45pmQuote:
Oh, ok, this is my last planned buy.post #6956 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:47pm
That's what they all say :)
On a side note I've always wondered why the HE6 thread is here while the HD800 is in another section of headfi..post #6957 of 1421610/21/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
If a certain thread title is to be believed...its cause HE stands for High Endpost #6958 of 1421610/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #6959 of 1421610/21/12 at 9:33pmpost #6960 of 1421610/22/12 at 8:12am
Uh huh....of course it is....the planned buys are easy to manage. It's the unplanned ones that do the real damageQuote:
I've thought of that too. I think it has to do with the schism between head-fi factions. Once upon a time Summit meant stats, oddities like K1k, and anyone running HD650 on $10k worth of gear. It's shifted a bit with the advent of the new $1k+ price points, and HD800 was the first of those, so I suppose everyone at the time didn't think to lump it in with summit since it was the "logical upgrade to HD650" and the 650 thread was on the regular headphones section. Plus it was a chance for the early adopters to gloat in front of all the peons still using piddly sub $1k cans
On the other side, HE-6 was never a candidate for the regular headphone forum. You don't really even get sound out of them if you plug them into a normal headphone jack
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 48 seconds ago
- › Help me- Pops-crackles, what usually causes them, what I can do to... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › 2014 Montreal Head-Fi Meet 5 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 5 minutes ago
- › BIOSHOCK Thread 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 9 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 9 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)