Yea, I'd to like to hear 'em too on David Berning's version of OTL called ZOTL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on Today at 12:25 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 464
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For what its worth, Here's a K1000 review comparing K1000 to newer Headphones.
hope it helps.
That was a nice writeup, agreed on most counts but I definitely prefer the K1K to the 325i. But not to the dynamic flagships (HD800, LCD2, HE6). The HE6 in particular because it does absolutely everything so well and has similar driving requirements to the K1K. Between the two of them, the K1K and HE6 have cornered the "earspeaker" market. But the HE6 offers a more evolved presentation in every conceivable way when driven properly.
The K1K has the collector cred, a unique look, and that wide open ambiance going for it though.
Edited by grokit - 10/21/12 at 3:40pm
Check out a quality recorded live event and hear how articulate the ambient ques are.
Should be receiving a copy of B.B. King: Live at the Regal any day now and have been meaning to pick up Ray Charles: Live in Concert, both on SACD.
I am very new to this so bare with me. I started searching for headphones about three months ago and didn't want to spend any money. Just something around $200. I have went through I don't know how many cans. I know for a fact Amazon is tired of my returns. My last buy was about two weeks ago and I thought I was there. I had the HE-500 with the Schiit Lyr/bifrost combo. This was good, but something seem to missing. So I said I will try the HE-6 even though people say they are very hard to drive. I got them in a couple of days ago and just listen to them off my schiit combo and liked them better then the HE-500. So I decided to return the HE-500 to Amazon and keep the HE-6. I am still within my 15 day return on my schiit gear and plan to call and get an RMA on them tomorrow and order the Mjolinir/Gungnir combo on Friday.
I also have order the some replacement cable for them, from www.noseaudio.com (schuld 8) I order the speaker taps extension also, just in case I decide to run them that way. Right now my main source of music will be from my computer. Right now I have a xifi sound card to get a little better sound then the standard sound off a computer mother board.
I have read this from about half way though and see a lot of recommendations. Any suggestions for the new guy.
You mentioned the Gungnir and Mjolnir combo. I would wait for those and go from there. Of course I'm not sure what the turnaround time for those are but if it is short I would wait for that.
Yes, I plan to order them on Friday, are you saying I should wait to order them or place my order
Yes, My wallet is well,
Run, run fast and don't look back
Oh, ok, this is my last planned buy.
That's what they all say :)
On a side note I've always wondered why the HE6 thread is here while the HD800 is in another section of headfi..
If a certain thread title is to be believed...its cause HE stands for High End
Uh huh....of course it is....the planned buys are easy to manage. It's the unplanned ones that do the real damage
I've thought of that too. I think it has to do with the schism between head-fi factions. Once upon a time Summit meant stats, oddities like K1k, and anyone running HD650 on $10k worth of gear. It's shifted a bit with the advent of the new $1k+ price points, and HD800 was the first of those, so I suppose everyone at the time didn't think to lump it in with summit since it was the "logical upgrade to HD650" and the 650 thread was on the regular headphones section. Plus it was a chance for the early adopters to gloat in front of all the peons still using piddly sub $1k cans
On the other side, HE-6 was never a candidate for the regular headphone forum. You don't really even get sound out of them if you plug them into a normal headphone jack
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 6 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › IEMs under 100$ or below 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 Headphones with custom audiophile cable and amp 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)