Yea, I'd to like to hear 'em too on David Berning's version of OTL called ZOTL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 464
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For what its worth, Here's a K1000 review comparing K1000 to newer Headphones.
hope it helps.
That was a nice writeup, agreed on most counts but I definitely prefer the K1K to the 325i. But not to the dynamic flagships (HD800, LCD2, HE6). The HE6 in particular because it does absolutely everything so well and has similar driving requirements to the K1K. Between the two of them, the K1K and HE6 have cornered the "earspeaker" market. But the HE6 offers a more evolved presentation in every conceivable way when driven properly.
The K1K has the collector cred, a unique look, and that wide open ambiance going for it though.
Edited by grokit - 10/21/12 at 3:40pm
Check out a quality recorded live event and hear how articulate the ambient ques are.
Should be receiving a copy of B.B. King: Live at the Regal any day now and have been meaning to pick up Ray Charles: Live in Concert, both on SACD.
I am very new to this so bare with me. I started searching for headphones about three months ago and didn't want to spend any money. Just something around $200. I have went through I don't know how many cans. I know for a fact Amazon is tired of my returns. My last buy was about two weeks ago and I thought I was there. I had the HE-500 with the Schiit Lyr/bifrost combo. This was good, but something seem to missing. So I said I will try the HE-6 even though people say they are very hard to drive. I got them in a couple of days ago and just listen to them off my schiit combo and liked them better then the HE-500. So I decided to return the HE-500 to Amazon and keep the HE-6. I am still within my 15 day return on my schiit gear and plan to call and get an RMA on them tomorrow and order the Mjolinir/Gungnir combo on Friday.
I also have order the some replacement cable for them, from www.noseaudio.com (schuld 8) I order the speaker taps extension also, just in case I decide to run them that way. Right now my main source of music will be from my computer. Right now I have a xifi sound card to get a little better sound then the standard sound off a computer mother board.
I have read this from about half way though and see a lot of recommendations. Any suggestions for the new guy.
You mentioned the Gungnir and Mjolnir combo. I would wait for those and go from there. Of course I'm not sure what the turnaround time for those are but if it is short I would wait for that.
Yes, I plan to order them on Friday, are you saying I should wait to order them or place my order
Yes, My wallet is well,
Run, run fast and don't look back
Oh, ok, this is my last planned buy.
That's what they all say :)
On a side note I've always wondered why the HE6 thread is here while the HD800 is in another section of headfi..
If a certain thread title is to be believed...its cause HE stands for High End
Uh huh....of course it is....the planned buys are easy to manage. It's the unplanned ones that do the real damage
I've thought of that too. I think it has to do with the schism between head-fi factions. Once upon a time Summit meant stats, oddities like K1k, and anyone running HD650 on $10k worth of gear. It's shifted a bit with the advent of the new $1k+ price points, and HD800 was the first of those, so I suppose everyone at the time didn't think to lump it in with summit since it was the "logical upgrade to HD650" and the 650 thread was on the regular headphones section. Plus it was a chance for the early adopters to gloat in front of all the peons still using piddly sub $1k cans
On the other side, HE-6 was never a candidate for the regular headphone forum. You don't really even get sound out of them if you plug them into a normal headphone jack
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Open back vs. closed back 4 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a great portable amp/dac combo 9 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 10 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 11 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 12 minutes ago
- › Looking for a $300-500 cable, first time buying a cable 13 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...