Yea, I'd to like to hear 'em too on David Berning's version of OTL called ZOTL.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 464
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For what its worth, Here's a K1000 review comparing K1000 to newer Headphones.
hope it helps.
That was a nice writeup, agreed on most counts but I definitely prefer the K1K to the 325i. But not to the dynamic flagships (HD800, LCD2, HE6). The HE6 in particular because it does absolutely everything so well and has similar driving requirements to the K1K. Between the two of them, the K1K and HE6 have cornered the "earspeaker" market. But the HE6 offers a more evolved presentation in every conceivable way when driven properly.
The K1K has the collector cred, a unique look, and that wide open ambiance going for it though.
Edited by grokit - 10/21/12 at 3:40pm
Check out a quality recorded live event and hear how articulate the ambient ques are.
Should be receiving a copy of B.B. King: Live at the Regal any day now and have been meaning to pick up Ray Charles: Live in Concert, both on SACD.
I am very new to this so bare with me. I started searching for headphones about three months ago and didn't want to spend any money. Just something around $200. I have went through I don't know how many cans. I know for a fact Amazon is tired of my returns. My last buy was about two weeks ago and I thought I was there. I had the HE-500 with the Schiit Lyr/bifrost combo. This was good, but something seem to missing. So I said I will try the HE-6 even though people say they are very hard to drive. I got them in a couple of days ago and just listen to them off my schiit combo and liked them better then the HE-500. So I decided to return the HE-500 to Amazon and keep the HE-6. I am still within my 15 day return on my schiit gear and plan to call and get an RMA on them tomorrow and order the Mjolinir/Gungnir combo on Friday.
I also have order the some replacement cable for them, from www.noseaudio.com (schuld 8) I order the speaker taps extension also, just in case I decide to run them that way. Right now my main source of music will be from my computer. Right now I have a xifi sound card to get a little better sound then the standard sound off a computer mother board.
I have read this from about half way though and see a lot of recommendations. Any suggestions for the new guy.
You mentioned the Gungnir and Mjolnir combo. I would wait for those and go from there. Of course I'm not sure what the turnaround time for those are but if it is short I would wait for that.
Yes, I plan to order them on Friday, are you saying I should wait to order them or place my order
Yes, My wallet is well,
Run, run fast and don't look back
Oh, ok, this is my last planned buy.
That's what they all say :)
On a side note I've always wondered why the HE6 thread is here while the HD800 is in another section of headfi..
If a certain thread title is to be believed...its cause HE stands for High End
Uh huh....of course it is....the planned buys are easy to manage. It's the unplanned ones that do the real damage
I've thought of that too. I think it has to do with the schism between head-fi factions. Once upon a time Summit meant stats, oddities like K1k, and anyone running HD650 on $10k worth of gear. It's shifted a bit with the advent of the new $1k+ price points, and HD800 was the first of those, so I suppose everyone at the time didn't think to lump it in with summit since it was the "logical upgrade to HD650" and the 650 thread was on the regular headphones section. Plus it was a chance for the early adopters to gloat in front of all the peons still using piddly sub $1k cans
On the other side, HE-6 was never a candidate for the regular headphone forum. You don't really even get sound out of them if you plug them into a normal headphone jack
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Simgot EN700 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › New DAPs from HIFIMAN: HM802s and SuperMini [updated 2015-12-12] 5 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...