I just received my HE-6. Total shipping time from Hong Kong to North Carolina was two days. It is beautifully packaged and presented. The headband is all black. The HE-6 looks stunning, simple and quite elegant. I won't be able to play with it until this evening. I can hardly wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 47post #691 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Novalis
Can anyone tell me if the HE-6 is in any way fatiguing?
Before buying the k701 i never read anything about them being fatiguing, but to me they are very much so.
I then bought the HD650 which isn't fatiguing in any way, but I find the highs to be desperately boring, which I'm afraid that I would find the LCD-2's to be to.
I am pretty determined on buying either the LCD-2 or the HE-6, but I wont have the chance to audit either so I'm trying to read my way to find the best choice.
wow I'm in almost exact same position and share most of your experiencespost #693 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:20ampost #694 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:35amQuote:
Same here too. I have the LCD2 preordered but I'm still not sure which way to go. I'd like some more presence in the highs than the HD650 has but not as much as the K701s or SA5000s.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 8:40ampost #695 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:41am
matthewh133: the LCD-2 are a BIG step up from the HD650's.
Novalis: I also found the HD650 BORING the LCD-2's are anything but. Can be very exciting and involving. The HD650 suffer from recessed and rolled off treble. The LCD's are not rolled of at all and the hf's are only slightly recessed. I have found if you listen to a bright recording they can still sound slightly bright. I never heard anything sound even slightly bright on my old HD650's even with a silver cable.post #696 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:48amQuote:
I think you have got lucky with your choice then. The LCD-2's are clearly not as bright as the K701's but are brighter than the HD650's. Plus the LCD's are much better in every other way!
Edited by nigeljames - 11/11/10 at 8:50ampost #697 of 1264411/11/10 at 8:50ampost #698 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:12ampost #699 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:18ampost #700 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:32amQuote:
I think you've named yourself correctly, headphone addict. With all of the high end headphones you have, you're worried that if you sold one it would leave you with a "hole" in your lineup! Too funny.post #701 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:44amAfter reading larrie's impressions I am definitely leaning towards the he-6 over the LCD-2 I think. I like the more high energy, less laid back sound, but with a thumping bass for a powerful kick drum in my rock music. Sounds like the he-6 may be perfect?post #702 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:45amQuote:
IMO HE-6 (which arrived today) has way better and more pleasant treble than HD 800 with its sometimes biting highs.post #703 of 1264411/11/10 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks mopps, the heights on HD800 don't bother me (and I used to listen to HD600 mostly). How is the bass compared between these two cans?post #704 of 1264411/11/10 at 12:02pm
Thanks! Sounds like what I'm looking for. The flat bass presence of the Denons without any hint of bloat (or one note bass), the great bass texture of the AD2000s, the rich, organic mids of the modified T50RP (RS1 and AD2000 deserves mention too), and the well defined highs without any hint of fatigue. Add in great imaging and a side of detail and I'm happy. Now to decide which of my cans to sell.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 12:04pmpost #705 of 1264411/11/10 at 12:17pmQuote:
Also way better IMO, tighter, more balanced, no mid-bass hump or warm lower mids like HD 800 so far.
But I'm still in the first two listening hours. And I tested first of all only on Phonitor which is not the best amp for headphones with low impedance.
I will continue testing on the balanced outputs of the powerful C.E.C. HD53N.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 19 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 25 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 34 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › The Interconnect and Power Cable Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Av-40 vs z623-vs promedia 1 minute ago
- › Newly designed Emotiva Airmotiv 4s & Airmotiv 5s 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude