I just received my HE-6. Total shipping time from Hong Kong to North Carolina was two days. It is beautifully packaged and presented. The headband is all black. The HE-6 looks stunning, simple and quite elegant. I won't be able to play with it until this evening. I can hardly wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 47
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone tell me if the HE-6 is in any way fatiguing?
Before buying the k701 i never read anything about them being fatiguing, but to me they are very much so.
I then bought the HD650 which isn't fatiguing in any way, but I find the highs to be desperately boring, which I'm afraid that I would find the LCD-2's to be to.
I am pretty determined on buying either the LCD-2 or the HE-6, but I wont have the chance to audit either so I'm trying to read my way to find the best choice.
wow I'm in almost exact same position and share most of your experiences
Same here too. I have the LCD2 preordered but I'm still not sure which way to go. I'd like some more presence in the highs than the HD650 has but not as much as the K701s or SA5000s.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 8:40am
matthewh133: the LCD-2 are a BIG step up from the HD650's.
Novalis: I also found the HD650 BORING the LCD-2's are anything but. Can be very exciting and involving. The HD650 suffer from recessed and rolled off treble. The LCD's are not rolled of at all and the hf's are only slightly recessed. I have found if you listen to a bright recording they can still sound slightly bright. I never heard anything sound even slightly bright on my old HD650's even with a silver cable.
I think you have got lucky with your choice then. The LCD-2's are clearly not as bright as the K701's but are brighter than the HD650's. Plus the LCD's are much better in every other way!
Edited by nigeljames - 11/11/10 at 8:50am
I think you've named yourself correctly, headphone addict. With all of the high end headphones you have, you're worried that if you sold one it would leave you with a "hole" in your lineup! Too funny.
IMO HE-6 (which arrived today) has way better and more pleasant treble than HD 800 with its sometimes biting highs.
Thanks mopps, the heights on HD800 don't bother me (and I used to listen to HD600 mostly). How is the bass compared between these two cans?
Thanks! Sounds like what I'm looking for. The flat bass presence of the Denons without any hint of bloat (or one note bass), the great bass texture of the AD2000s, the rich, organic mids of the modified T50RP (RS1 and AD2000 deserves mention too), and the well defined highs without any hint of fatigue. Add in great imaging and a side of detail and I'm happy. Now to decide which of my cans to sell.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 12:04pm
Also way better IMO, tighter, more balanced, no mid-bass hump or warm lower mids like HD 800 so far.
But I'm still in the first two listening hours. And I tested first of all only on Phonitor which is not the best amp for headphones with low impedance.
I will continue testing on the balanced outputs of the powerful C.E.C. HD53N.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 9 seconds ago
- › Best pricing? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 201: Moving on up 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Multichannel Music 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)