I just received my HE-6. Total shipping time from Hong Kong to North Carolina was two days. It is beautifully packaged and presented. The headband is all black. The HE-6 looks stunning, simple and quite elegant. I won't be able to play with it until this evening. I can hardly wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 47
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone tell me if the HE-6 is in any way fatiguing?
Before buying the k701 i never read anything about them being fatiguing, but to me they are very much so.
I then bought the HD650 which isn't fatiguing in any way, but I find the highs to be desperately boring, which I'm afraid that I would find the LCD-2's to be to.
I am pretty determined on buying either the LCD-2 or the HE-6, but I wont have the chance to audit either so I'm trying to read my way to find the best choice.
wow I'm in almost exact same position and share most of your experiences
Same here too. I have the LCD2 preordered but I'm still not sure which way to go. I'd like some more presence in the highs than the HD650 has but not as much as the K701s or SA5000s.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 8:40am
matthewh133: the LCD-2 are a BIG step up from the HD650's.
Novalis: I also found the HD650 BORING the LCD-2's are anything but. Can be very exciting and involving. The HD650 suffer from recessed and rolled off treble. The LCD's are not rolled of at all and the hf's are only slightly recessed. I have found if you listen to a bright recording they can still sound slightly bright. I never heard anything sound even slightly bright on my old HD650's even with a silver cable.
I think you have got lucky with your choice then. The LCD-2's are clearly not as bright as the K701's but are brighter than the HD650's. Plus the LCD's are much better in every other way!
Edited by nigeljames - 11/11/10 at 8:50am
I think you've named yourself correctly, headphone addict. With all of the high end headphones you have, you're worried that if you sold one it would leave you with a "hole" in your lineup! Too funny.
IMO HE-6 (which arrived today) has way better and more pleasant treble than HD 800 with its sometimes biting highs.
Thanks mopps, the heights on HD800 don't bother me (and I used to listen to HD600 mostly). How is the bass compared between these two cans?
Thanks! Sounds like what I'm looking for. The flat bass presence of the Denons without any hint of bloat (or one note bass), the great bass texture of the AD2000s, the rich, organic mids of the modified T50RP (RS1 and AD2000 deserves mention too), and the well defined highs without any hint of fatigue. Add in great imaging and a side of detail and I'm happy. Now to decide which of my cans to sell.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 12:04pm
Also way better IMO, tighter, more balanced, no mid-bass hump or warm lower mids like HD 800 so far.
But I'm still in the first two listening hours. And I tested first of all only on Phonitor which is not the best amp for headphones with low impedance.
I will continue testing on the balanced outputs of the powerful C.E.C. HD53N.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 40 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 48 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-400i touring event is coming. 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 Sound Questions + <$50 Sound Card 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Blu-ray Pure Audio vs. CD (Loudness war) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)