I just received my HE-6. Total shipping time from Hong Kong to North Carolina was two days. It is beautifully packaged and presented. The headband is all black. The HE-6 looks stunning, simple and quite elegant. I won't be able to play with it until this evening. I can hardly wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 47
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone tell me if the HE-6 is in any way fatiguing?
Before buying the k701 i never read anything about them being fatiguing, but to me they are very much so.
I then bought the HD650 which isn't fatiguing in any way, but I find the highs to be desperately boring, which I'm afraid that I would find the LCD-2's to be to.
I am pretty determined on buying either the LCD-2 or the HE-6, but I wont have the chance to audit either so I'm trying to read my way to find the best choice.
wow I'm in almost exact same position and share most of your experiences
Same here too. I have the LCD2 preordered but I'm still not sure which way to go. I'd like some more presence in the highs than the HD650 has but not as much as the K701s or SA5000s.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 8:40am
matthewh133: the LCD-2 are a BIG step up from the HD650's.
Novalis: I also found the HD650 BORING the LCD-2's are anything but. Can be very exciting and involving. The HD650 suffer from recessed and rolled off treble. The LCD's are not rolled of at all and the hf's are only slightly recessed. I have found if you listen to a bright recording they can still sound slightly bright. I never heard anything sound even slightly bright on my old HD650's even with a silver cable.
I think you have got lucky with your choice then. The LCD-2's are clearly not as bright as the K701's but are brighter than the HD650's. Plus the LCD's are much better in every other way!
Edited by nigeljames - 11/11/10 at 8:50am
I think you've named yourself correctly, headphone addict. With all of the high end headphones you have, you're worried that if you sold one it would leave you with a "hole" in your lineup! Too funny.
IMO HE-6 (which arrived today) has way better and more pleasant treble than HD 800 with its sometimes biting highs.
Thanks mopps, the heights on HD800 don't bother me (and I used to listen to HD600 mostly). How is the bass compared between these two cans?
Thanks! Sounds like what I'm looking for. The flat bass presence of the Denons without any hint of bloat (or one note bass), the great bass texture of the AD2000s, the rich, organic mids of the modified T50RP (RS1 and AD2000 deserves mention too), and the well defined highs without any hint of fatigue. Add in great imaging and a side of detail and I'm happy. Now to decide which of my cans to sell.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 12:04pm
Also way better IMO, tighter, more balanced, no mid-bass hump or warm lower mids like HD 800 so far.
But I'm still in the first two listening hours. And I tested first of all only on Phonitor which is not the best amp for headphones with low impedance.
I will continue testing on the balanced outputs of the powerful C.E.C. HD53N.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Apple Touch 5G - Appreciation thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2