I just received my HE-6. Total shipping time from Hong Kong to North Carolina was two days. It is beautifully packaged and presented. The headband is all black. The HE-6 looks stunning, simple and quite elegant. I won't be able to play with it until this evening. I can hardly wait.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 47post #691 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:06am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Novalis
Can anyone tell me if the HE-6 is in any way fatiguing?
Before buying the k701 i never read anything about them being fatiguing, but to me they are very much so.
I then bought the HD650 which isn't fatiguing in any way, but I find the highs to be desperately boring, which I'm afraid that I would find the LCD-2's to be to.
I am pretty determined on buying either the LCD-2 or the HE-6, but I wont have the chance to audit either so I'm trying to read my way to find the best choice.
wow I'm in almost exact same position and share most of your experiencespost #693 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:20ampost #694 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:35amQuote:
Same here too. I have the LCD2 preordered but I'm still not sure which way to go. I'd like some more presence in the highs than the HD650 has but not as much as the K701s or SA5000s.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 8:40ampost #695 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:41am
matthewh133: the LCD-2 are a BIG step up from the HD650's.
Novalis: I also found the HD650 BORING the LCD-2's are anything but. Can be very exciting and involving. The HD650 suffer from recessed and rolled off treble. The LCD's are not rolled of at all and the hf's are only slightly recessed. I have found if you listen to a bright recording they can still sound slightly bright. I never heard anything sound even slightly bright on my old HD650's even with a silver cable.post #696 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:48amQuote:
I think you have got lucky with your choice then. The LCD-2's are clearly not as bright as the K701's but are brighter than the HD650's. Plus the LCD's are much better in every other way!
Edited by nigeljames - 11/11/10 at 8:50ampost #697 of 1432711/11/10 at 8:50ampost #698 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:12ampost #699 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:18ampost #700 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:32amQuote:
I think you've named yourself correctly, headphone addict. With all of the high end headphones you have, you're worried that if you sold one it would leave you with a "hole" in your lineup! Too funny.post #701 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:44amAfter reading larrie's impressions I am definitely leaning towards the he-6 over the LCD-2 I think. I like the more high energy, less laid back sound, but with a thumping bass for a powerful kick drum in my rock music. Sounds like the he-6 may be perfect?post #702 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:45amQuote:
IMO HE-6 (which arrived today) has way better and more pleasant treble than HD 800 with its sometimes biting highs.post #703 of 1432711/11/10 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks mopps, the heights on HD800 don't bother me (and I used to listen to HD600 mostly). How is the bass compared between these two cans?post #704 of 1432711/11/10 at 12:02pm
Thanks! Sounds like what I'm looking for. The flat bass presence of the Denons without any hint of bloat (or one note bass), the great bass texture of the AD2000s, the rich, organic mids of the modified T50RP (RS1 and AD2000 deserves mention too), and the well defined highs without any hint of fatigue. Add in great imaging and a side of detail and I'm happy. Now to decide which of my cans to sell.
Edited by NapalmK - 11/11/10 at 12:04pmpost #705 of 1432711/11/10 at 12:17pmQuote:
Also way better IMO, tighter, more balanced, no mid-bass hump or warm lower mids like HD 800 so far.
But I'm still in the first two listening hours. And I tested first of all only on Phonitor which is not the best amp for headphones with low impedance.
I will continue testing on the balanced outputs of the powerful C.E.C. HD53N.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › What headphones to artists wear? 5 minutes ago
- › Tapatalk issues 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)