A few points to go over here:
1. Being blatantly rude isn't helping anyone.
2. You obviously haven't been keeping up on this thread since the beginning. There are tons of pairings of monoblocks and speaker amps with these headphones. Only in the last months are the emotiva amplifiers discussed.
3. Go back from page one and start reading. Find the first person to hook up an emotiva. It was me somewhere in mid-July. At that point the HE-6 were well over 2 years old. There's 2 years of comments that came before an impression with an emotiva, which cover a ton of various amplifiers and monoblocks. If you're interested in purely amplification, I'd suggest you also read up on the HE-6 amplification thread.
4. The reason emotivas are discussed a lot is that they provide an excellent price/performance ratio. a $200 emotiva unit (imo) drives the HE-6 better than a $750 Mjolnir. Earlier in the thread (maybe 1.5 years ago) virtue audio amplifiers were discussed more heavily than emotivas are now. They, similarly, provided an excellent price/performance ratio.
5. Have you heard the HE-6 with an Emotiva or a Rotel, and then compared them with a 'high end' monoblock? If not, how can you tell they aren't impressive. There's only a handful of people that currently own HE-6 and emotivas. Did you purchase a unit?
I feel it slightly humorous that you complain about 'hype' but your audio equipment exists purely of Schiit Audio coming out of an Apple Macbook. That hype stuff will get ya'
1.If that came across rude, apologies. Just stating he hadn't kept up to date. And sorry, Mike. HC and I posted minutes apart,
and you didn't use the quote function. Plus, it's been known he owns a Rotel monoblock.
2.I understand, there are impressions that are over 2 years old. But things do change. And yes, I'm referring to the recent explosion of mono love.
It's overtaking discussions. Again not a crusade against monos by any means. A little variety never hurt.
3. As clearly stated the Emo's were focus points of the recent monoblock love, but I also said less mono's in general.
4. Yes, Emo's offer good price/performance: ad nauseam. You obviously aren't reading my posts fully or clearly.
5.I've compared mono's to mono's, not DBL, however this isn't SS. So obviously,
I'm just expressing my opinion. And no, I obviously don't own the Emotivas. As stated I've tried them out.
It's my opinion that it is hyped. There's a power requirement debacle as has been discussed to great lengths in this thread and in PM's. you can disagree. And now it just sounds like you have an ax to grind. That's cool.
Edited by paradoxper - 10/11/12 at 1:08am