- 1,041 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 2/17/14 at 6:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 204post #3046 of 126313/2/11 at 2:36amYes. Mine got shipped last Friday but has to come all the way to Australia.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3047 of 126313/2/11 at 4:40ampost #3048 of 126313/2/11 at 5:48amI have been waiting for over two months now and over a month of that time I have been dreaming and anticipating what the Lyr is going to do to my new HE6's. No way I am selling the Lyr. It would have to be a Woo 2 before I considered. Not likely.post #3049 of 126313/2/11 at 3:03pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Vaipec
I had one pass aleph 3 for more than 10 years, and wile reading this treat, I thought it should be a wonderful choice to those planar.Quote:Originally Posted by musicman59
Even that my WA5-LE drives nicely my HE-6 out of the high impedance output I just closed a deal in a Pass Labs Aleph 3 to exclusively drive them with it. It is a pure Class A Nelson Pass designed amplifier with 30 watts per channel in 8 ohms.
It received in it's time rave reviews form Stereophile and even that it is just 30 watts/Ch it is high current so it should match wonderfully with the HE-6.
I am picking it up Saturday so I will report later.
so any idea of how the aleph 3 / he6 combo works yet?post #3050 of 126313/2/11 at 3:04pm
Thinking about jumping on this HE-6 train for some time I'm pretty comitted now. Anyone know where I can pick one of these up at the "introduction" price, or am I stuck at the new price everywhere?post #3051 of 126313/2/11 at 3:16pmpost #3052 of 126313/2/11 at 3:58pm
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.post #3053 of 126313/2/11 at 4:38pmpost #3054 of 126313/2/11 at 5:16pm
Tat shouls be interesting but John I find the Crystal OCC cable pretty amazing with the HE6 so iI would be interested in your findings and i know Lazlo has one he sent to craig for some new secret weapon Craig working on. Fun with all the Mad Scientist always working gotta love itpost #3055 of 126313/2/11 at 5:57pm
I agree the cable with the HE-6 is excellent and for once, we get a good cable with the headphones right from the manufacture. I am curious if the sound will be better, the same or worse. Who knows. Just curious though and this new V2 is very interesting and expensive to produce.post #3056 of 126313/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #3057 of 126313/2/11 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.
That's a C note cheaper than the intro price.
post #3058 of 126313/2/11 at 7:22pm
LOL look at the meet pictures and you will see it priced in the pictures.post #3059 of 126313/2/11 at 7:34pmQuote:
Congratulations and nice to know that you are pleased with your NFB10 ES and HE6 combo. I am still searching for an amp. to drive my HE6 and later a LCD2 and this has been giving me sleepless nights thinking about what's best. Might take the route of Oppo 95 (source+DAC)--> Augio-gd Phoenix --> HE6/LCD2 but keeping options open. Ultimately I might settle for a Woo.post #3060 of 126313/2/11 at 7:49pm
Oh yes! They are amazing with the Aleph 3. They sound excellent in my WA5-LE but the power of the Aleph e takes them to a different level. The sound is totally open and in control with a very natural sound. The bass is deep, fast and in control. The midrange is sweet and specially the voices are very natural and organic and the treble is crisp and clear but not piercing at all. Also with the Aleph 3 the soundstage expanded in all directions. It is very clear that the HE-6 likes good clean power and the more the better.
You owe to yourself to listen to the HE-6 driven by a good speaker amplifier with 30 to 70 watts in 8 ohms and some good amperes out. You will be amaze! The Aleph 3 is 30 watts/ch in 8 ohms and 8 amperes/ch.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 53 seconds ago
- › The "IEMs That Significantly Perform BELOW Their Price Point" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Make the change—with one tiny wire.FiiO Headphone cable- RC-X will... 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum vs. PSB M4U1 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude