- 1,041 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 5:40 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 204post #3046 of 140333/2/11 at 2:36amYes. Mine got shipped last Friday but has to come all the way to Australia.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3047 of 140333/2/11 at 4:40ampost #3048 of 140333/2/11 at 5:48amI have been waiting for over two months now and over a month of that time I have been dreaming and anticipating what the Lyr is going to do to my new HE6's. No way I am selling the Lyr. It would have to be a Woo 2 before I considered. Not likely.post #3049 of 140333/2/11 at 3:03pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Vaipec
I had one pass aleph 3 for more than 10 years, and wile reading this treat, I thought it should be a wonderful choice to those planar.Quote:Originally Posted by musicman59
Even that my WA5-LE drives nicely my HE-6 out of the high impedance output I just closed a deal in a Pass Labs Aleph 3 to exclusively drive them with it. It is a pure Class A Nelson Pass designed amplifier with 30 watts per channel in 8 ohms.
It received in it's time rave reviews form Stereophile and even that it is just 30 watts/Ch it is high current so it should match wonderfully with the HE-6.
I am picking it up Saturday so I will report later.
so any idea of how the aleph 3 / he6 combo works yet?post #3050 of 140333/2/11 at 3:04pm
Thinking about jumping on this HE-6 train for some time I'm pretty comitted now. Anyone know where I can pick one of these up at the "introduction" price, or am I stuck at the new price everywhere?post #3051 of 140333/2/11 at 3:16pmpost #3052 of 140333/2/11 at 3:58pm
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.post #3053 of 140333/2/11 at 4:38pmpost #3054 of 140333/2/11 at 5:16pm
Tat shouls be interesting but John I find the Crystal OCC cable pretty amazing with the HE6 so iI would be interested in your findings and i know Lazlo has one he sent to craig for some new secret weapon Craig working on. Fun with all the Mad Scientist always working gotta love itpost #3055 of 140333/2/11 at 5:57pm
I agree the cable with the HE-6 is excellent and for once, we get a good cable with the headphones right from the manufacture. I am curious if the sound will be better, the same or worse. Who knows. Just curious though and this new V2 is very interesting and expensive to produce.post #3056 of 140333/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #3057 of 140333/2/11 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.
That's a C note cheaper than the intro price.
post #3058 of 140333/2/11 at 7:22pm
LOL look at the meet pictures and you will see it priced in the pictures.post #3059 of 140333/2/11 at 7:34pmQuote:
Congratulations and nice to know that you are pleased with your NFB10 ES and HE6 combo. I am still searching for an amp. to drive my HE6 and later a LCD2 and this has been giving me sleepless nights thinking about what's best. Might take the route of Oppo 95 (source+DAC)--> Augio-gd Phoenix --> HE6/LCD2 but keeping options open. Ultimately I might settle for a Woo.post #3060 of 140333/2/11 at 7:49pm
Oh yes! They are amazing with the Aleph 3. They sound excellent in my WA5-LE but the power of the Aleph e takes them to a different level. The sound is totally open and in control with a very natural sound. The bass is deep, fast and in control. The midrange is sweet and specially the voices are very natural and organic and the treble is crisp and clear but not piercing at all. Also with the Aleph 3 the soundstage expanded in all directions. It is very clear that the HE-6 likes good clean power and the more the better.
You owe to yourself to listen to the HE-6 driven by a good speaker amplifier with 30 to 70 watts in 8 ohms and some good amperes out. You will be amaze! The Aleph 3 is 30 watts/ch in 8 ohms and 8 amperes/ch.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Lets Talk Metal 54 seconds ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › WANTED Smooth, fluid, relaxed DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 11 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 12 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)