- 1,041 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Perth, Western Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 3/15/14 at 8:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 204post #3046 of 130163/2/11 at 2:36amYes. Mine got shipped last Friday but has to come all the way to Australia.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3047 of 130163/2/11 at 4:40ampost #3048 of 130163/2/11 at 5:48amI have been waiting for over two months now and over a month of that time I have been dreaming and anticipating what the Lyr is going to do to my new HE6's. No way I am selling the Lyr. It would have to be a Woo 2 before I considered. Not likely.post #3049 of 130163/2/11 at 3:03pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Vaipec
I had one pass aleph 3 for more than 10 years, and wile reading this treat, I thought it should be a wonderful choice to those planar.Quote:Originally Posted by musicman59
Even that my WA5-LE drives nicely my HE-6 out of the high impedance output I just closed a deal in a Pass Labs Aleph 3 to exclusively drive them with it. It is a pure Class A Nelson Pass designed amplifier with 30 watts per channel in 8 ohms.
It received in it's time rave reviews form Stereophile and even that it is just 30 watts/Ch it is high current so it should match wonderfully with the HE-6.
I am picking it up Saturday so I will report later.
so any idea of how the aleph 3 / he6 combo works yet?post #3050 of 130163/2/11 at 3:04pm
Thinking about jumping on this HE-6 train for some time I'm pretty comitted now. Anyone know where I can pick one of these up at the "introduction" price, or am I stuck at the new price everywhere?post #3051 of 130163/2/11 at 3:16pmpost #3052 of 130163/2/11 at 3:58pm
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.post #3053 of 130163/2/11 at 4:38pmpost #3054 of 130163/2/11 at 5:16pm
Tat shouls be interesting but John I find the Crystal OCC cable pretty amazing with the HE6 so iI would be interested in your findings and i know Lazlo has one he sent to craig for some new secret weapon Craig working on. Fun with all the Mad Scientist always working gotta love itpost #3055 of 130163/2/11 at 5:57pm
I agree the cable with the HE-6 is excellent and for once, we get a good cable with the headphones right from the manufacture. I am curious if the sound will be better, the same or worse. Who knows. Just curious though and this new V2 is very interesting and expensive to produce.post #3056 of 130163/2/11 at 6:17pmpost #3057 of 130163/2/11 at 7:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
He had them at the san francisco meet for 899.99 so I would assume they may sell for that at the NY meet. They are worth the asking price IMO they are my Go to Can and I sold every other can and will have a new D7000 tomorrow for my closed can. If you have the proper amp and source the HE6 is so good and I found them getting almost all my head time.
That's a C note cheaper than the intro price.
post #3058 of 130163/2/11 at 7:22pm
LOL look at the meet pictures and you will see it priced in the pictures.post #3059 of 130163/2/11 at 7:34pmQuote:
Congratulations and nice to know that you are pleased with your NFB10 ES and HE6 combo. I am still searching for an amp. to drive my HE6 and later a LCD2 and this has been giving me sleepless nights thinking about what's best. Might take the route of Oppo 95 (source+DAC)--> Augio-gd Phoenix --> HE6/LCD2 but keeping options open. Ultimately I might settle for a Woo.post #3060 of 130163/2/11 at 7:49pm
Oh yes! They are amazing with the Aleph 3. They sound excellent in my WA5-LE but the power of the Aleph e takes them to a different level. The sound is totally open and in control with a very natural sound. The bass is deep, fast and in control. The midrange is sweet and specially the voices are very natural and organic and the treble is crisp and clear but not piercing at all. Also with the Aleph 3 the soundstage expanded in all directions. It is very clear that the HE-6 likes good clean power and the more the better.
You owe to yourself to listen to the HE-6 driven by a good speaker amplifier with 30 to 70 watts in 8 ohms and some good amperes out. You will be amaze! The Aleph 3 is 30 watts/ch in 8 ohms and 8 amperes/ch.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 18 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 40 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE INTRUDER by RSA. balanced dac/amp. . Update available for even... 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob