Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would a Meier Corda Prehead MK2 SE drive a HE-6? Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/26/14 at 7:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So how'd you like your T1s? The Virtue + HE6s are the best thing I've ever heard. Better than even many real life performances.
Hope you don't mind if I reply in the HE-6 thread instead of a PM
To be honest, I'm glad I exchanged the HE-6 for the T1, and am not looking back. Why? Because the HE-6 is the better headphone. No, I didn't lose my mind completely (yet), I will try to explain:
The HE-6 is technically very close to perfection, it actually can make you feel like listening to speakers. In terms of resolution, soundstage, and treble presentation, the T1 can't keep up with the HE-6. Another trait of the HE-6 is its versatility: It changes its character depending on the music you are listening to, it will sound warm and soft with certain recordings, and upfront with others. Again, the T1 does not have this quality.
Every time you put HE-6 on, it is (was, for me) a jaw-dropping experience. And this is exactly the problem of the HE-6: it does not disappear. You can hear technical perfection, but you are always aware that there is a headphone on your head. It has a "wow-factor" when you put it on, and it presents its qualities in an almost aggressive manner, that simply didn't allow me to relax while listening. The T1 OTOH, is a very inconspicuous headphone, it doesn't wow you when you put it on. But after a while, it does disappear, makes you forget that you are wearing a headphone.
To sum it up:
With the HE-6, I was listening to an incredible piece of high-end gear.
With the T1, I am listening to music.
Everything IMO of course, and please excuse my rant about the HE-6. It is a truly exceptional headphone, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy listening!
And it is all about the music which sometimes we seem to forget about and the T1 does play music so well
Has anyone purchased these since Jan 15th?
They have not updated their site for sometime and someone could have paid for them via paypal.
If so have you gotten the initial pricing?
Well if they don't rise the price that's kind of like lying... but making it more expensive than the LCD-2 is not smart either.
How are you finding yours vs the LCD-2 without getting into cable swaps and amps, sources etc... just purely the headphone and its set up vs the other headphone and its set up.
0 - they are orthos... which are dynamic headphones... which do not change with burn in (at least in an audible manner).
Like any good headphone - as many as you can get........
Wow. I didn't know headphone burn-in was still a controversial topic. All of head-direct's orthodynamics benefit from ~100 hours of burn-in. Dynamic headphones burn in too, you've got to be kidding, implying that Pro 900 don't change with burnin.
Just ordered a set today, Jan 17th, paid via PayPal at the initial pricing and just got an e-mail shipping confirmation asking for my phone number.
While I agree that to keep the price the same as the LCD-2 would seem to make sense I don't see this happening as per Fang's announcement: "HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE."
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica A900 repair help! 1 minute ago
- › Interest Check Only- Headamp BHSE Electrostatic Headphone Amp w Extras 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 LTD 2 minutes ago
- › looking for new headphones/earbuds 2 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 3 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)