Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So how'd you like your T1s? The Virtue + HE6s are the best thing I've ever heard. Better than even many real life performances.
Hope you don't mind if I reply in the HE-6 thread instead of a PM
To be honest, I'm glad I exchanged the HE-6 for the T1, and am not looking back. Why? Because the HE-6 is the better headphone. No, I didn't lose my mind completely (yet), I will try to explain:
The HE-6 is technically very close to perfection, it actually can make you feel like listening to speakers. In terms of resolution, soundstage, and treble presentation, the T1 can't keep up with the HE-6. Another trait of the HE-6 is its versatility: It changes its character depending on the music you are listening to, it will sound warm and soft with certain recordings, and upfront with others. Again, the T1 does not have this quality.
Every time you put HE-6 on, it is (was, for me) a jaw-dropping experience. And this is exactly the problem of the HE-6: it does not disappear. You can hear technical perfection, but you are always aware that there is a headphone on your head. It has a "wow-factor" when you put it on, and it presents its qualities in an almost aggressive manner, that simply didn't allow me to relax while listening. The T1 OTOH, is a very inconspicuous headphone, it doesn't wow you when you put it on. But after a while, it does disappear, makes you forget that you are wearing a headphone.
To sum it up:
With the HE-6, I was listening to an incredible piece of high-end gear.
With the T1, I am listening to music.
Everything IMO of course, and please excuse my rant about the HE-6. It is a truly exceptional headphone, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy listening!
And it is all about the music which sometimes we seem to forget about and the T1 does play music so well
Has anyone purchased these since Jan 15th?
They have not updated their site for sometime and someone could have paid for them via paypal.
If so have you gotten the initial pricing?
Well if they don't rise the price that's kind of like lying... but making it more expensive than the LCD-2 is not smart either.
How are you finding yours vs the LCD-2 without getting into cable swaps and amps, sources etc... just purely the headphone and its set up vs the other headphone and its set up.
0 - they are orthos... which are dynamic headphones... which do not change with burn in (at least in an audible manner).
Like any good headphone - as many as you can get........
Wow. I didn't know headphone burn-in was still a controversial topic. All of head-direct's orthodynamics benefit from ~100 hours of burn-in. Dynamic headphones burn in too, you've got to be kidding, implying that Pro 900 don't change with burnin.
Just ordered a set today, Jan 17th, paid via PayPal at the initial pricing and just got an e-mail shipping confirmation asking for my phone number.
While I agree that to keep the price the same as the LCD-2 would seem to make sense I don't see this happening as per Fang's announcement: "HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE."
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Earbuds Round-Up 12 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 23 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › ARCHEER 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers with Huge Bass and Superior... by B9Scrambler
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear