Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on 12/2/13 at 5:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 160post #2386 of 108791/17/11 at 1:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 108791/17/11 at 1:34pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Mad Dude
Quote:Originally Posted by jelt2359
So how'd you like your T1s? The Virtue + HE6s are the best thing I've ever heard. Better than even many real life performances.
Hope you don't mind if I reply in the HE-6 thread instead of a PM
To be honest, I'm glad I exchanged the HE-6 for the T1, and am not looking back. Why? Because the HE-6 is the better headphone. No, I didn't lose my mind completely (yet), I will try to explain:
The HE-6 is technically very close to perfection, it actually can make you feel like listening to speakers. In terms of resolution, soundstage, and treble presentation, the T1 can't keep up with the HE-6. Another trait of the HE-6 is its versatility: It changes its character depending on the music you are listening to, it will sound warm and soft with certain recordings, and upfront with others. Again, the T1 does not have this quality.
Every time you put HE-6 on, it is (was, for me) a jaw-dropping experience. And this is exactly the problem of the HE-6: it does not disappear. You can hear technical perfection, but you are always aware that there is a headphone on your head. It has a "wow-factor" when you put it on, and it presents its qualities in an almost aggressive manner, that simply didn't allow me to relax while listening. The T1 OTOH, is a very inconspicuous headphone, it doesn't wow you when you put it on. But after a while, it does disappear, makes you forget that you are wearing a headphone.
To sum it up:
With the HE-6, I was listening to an incredible piece of high-end gear.
With the T1, I am listening to music.
Everything IMO of course, and please excuse my rant about the HE-6. It is a truly exceptional headphone, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy listening!
And it is all about the music which sometimes we seem to forget about and the T1 does play music so well
post #2388 of 108791/17/11 at 5:10pm
Has anyone purchased these since Jan 15th?
They have not updated their site for sometime and someone could have paid for them via paypal.
If so have you gotten the initial pricing?post #2389 of 108791/17/11 at 5:18pmpost #2390 of 108791/17/11 at 5:29pmpost #2391 of 108791/17/11 at 5:46pm
Well if they don't rise the price that's kind of like lying... but making it more expensive than the LCD-2 is not smart either.post #2392 of 108791/17/11 at 5:47pm
How are you finding yours vs the LCD-2 without getting into cable swaps and amps, sources etc... just purely the headphone and its set up vs the other headphone and its set up.post #2393 of 108791/17/11 at 7:04pmpost #2394 of 108791/17/11 at 8:27pmpost #2395 of 108791/17/11 at 8:31pm
0 - they are orthos... which are dynamic headphones... which do not change with burn in (at least in an audible manner).post #2396 of 108791/17/11 at 8:36pm
Like any good headphone - as many as you can get........post #2397 of 108791/17/11 at 8:39pmpost #2398 of 108791/17/11 at 8:52pmpost #2399 of 108791/17/11 at 9:24pm
Wow. I didn't know headphone burn-in was still a controversial topic. All of head-direct's orthodynamics benefit from ~100 hours of burn-in. Dynamic headphones burn in too, you've got to be kidding, implying that Pro 900 don't change with burnin.post #2400 of 108791/17/11 at 9:27pm
Just ordered a set today, Jan 17th, paid via PayPal at the initial pricing and just got an e-mail shipping confirmation asking for my phone number.
While I agree that to keep the price the same as the LCD-2 would seem to make sense I don't see this happening as per Fang's announcement: "HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE."
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 seconds ago
- › Modification for Beyerdynamics DT990's 39 seconds ago
- › Haven't found it yet 1 minute ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Post your computer specs!~ 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe