Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be looking at the most spectacularly teensy, tiny little earphone ever to grace my ears, the Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Q. AAW is a Singapore...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So how'd you like your T1s? The Virtue + HE6s are the best thing I've ever heard. Better than even many real life performances.
Hope you don't mind if I reply in the HE-6 thread instead of a PM
To be honest, I'm glad I exchanged the HE-6 for the T1, and am not looking back. Why? Because the HE-6 is the better headphone. No, I didn't lose my mind completely (yet), I will try to explain:
The HE-6 is technically very close to perfection, it actually can make you feel like listening to speakers. In terms of resolution, soundstage, and treble presentation, the T1 can't keep up with the HE-6. Another trait of the HE-6 is its versatility: It changes its character depending on the music you are listening to, it will sound warm and soft with certain recordings, and upfront with others. Again, the T1 does not have this quality.
Every time you put HE-6 on, it is (was, for me) a jaw-dropping experience. And this is exactly the problem of the HE-6: it does not disappear. You can hear technical perfection, but you are always aware that there is a headphone on your head. It has a "wow-factor" when you put it on, and it presents its qualities in an almost aggressive manner, that simply didn't allow me to relax while listening. The T1 OTOH, is a very inconspicuous headphone, it doesn't wow you when you put it on. But after a while, it does disappear, makes you forget that you are wearing a headphone.
To sum it up:
With the HE-6, I was listening to an incredible piece of high-end gear.
With the T1, I am listening to music.
Everything IMO of course, and please excuse my rant about the HE-6. It is a truly exceptional headphone, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy listening!
And it is all about the music which sometimes we seem to forget about and the T1 does play music so well
Has anyone purchased these since Jan 15th?
They have not updated their site for sometime and someone could have paid for them via paypal.
If so have you gotten the initial pricing?
Well if they don't rise the price that's kind of like lying... but making it more expensive than the LCD-2 is not smart either.
How are you finding yours vs the LCD-2 without getting into cable swaps and amps, sources etc... just purely the headphone and its set up vs the other headphone and its set up.
0 - they are orthos... which are dynamic headphones... which do not change with burn in (at least in an audible manner).
Like any good headphone - as many as you can get........
Wow. I didn't know headphone burn-in was still a controversial topic. All of head-direct's orthodynamics benefit from ~100 hours of burn-in. Dynamic headphones burn in too, you've got to be kidding, implying that Pro 900 don't change with burnin.
Just ordered a set today, Jan 17th, paid via PayPal at the initial pricing and just got an e-mail shipping confirmation asking for my phone number.
While I agree that to keep the price the same as the LCD-2 would seem to make sense I don't see this happening as per Fang's announcement: "HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE."
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Is Designing A 3-Way Crossover Properly Like Nuclear Science? 34 seconds ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 42 seconds ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 3 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by B9Scrambler
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...