Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 160
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So how'd you like your T1s? The Virtue + HE6s are the best thing I've ever heard. Better than even many real life performances.
Hope you don't mind if I reply in the HE-6 thread instead of a PM
To be honest, I'm glad I exchanged the HE-6 for the T1, and am not looking back. Why? Because the HE-6 is the better headphone. No, I didn't lose my mind completely (yet), I will try to explain:
The HE-6 is technically very close to perfection, it actually can make you feel like listening to speakers. In terms of resolution, soundstage, and treble presentation, the T1 can't keep up with the HE-6. Another trait of the HE-6 is its versatility: It changes its character depending on the music you are listening to, it will sound warm and soft with certain recordings, and upfront with others. Again, the T1 does not have this quality.
Every time you put HE-6 on, it is (was, for me) a jaw-dropping experience. And this is exactly the problem of the HE-6: it does not disappear. You can hear technical perfection, but you are always aware that there is a headphone on your head. It has a "wow-factor" when you put it on, and it presents its qualities in an almost aggressive manner, that simply didn't allow me to relax while listening. The T1 OTOH, is a very inconspicuous headphone, it doesn't wow you when you put it on. But after a while, it does disappear, makes you forget that you are wearing a headphone.
To sum it up:
With the HE-6, I was listening to an incredible piece of high-end gear.
With the T1, I am listening to music.
Everything IMO of course, and please excuse my rant about the HE-6. It is a truly exceptional headphone, and I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy listening!
And it is all about the music which sometimes we seem to forget about and the T1 does play music so well
Has anyone purchased these since Jan 15th?
They have not updated their site for sometime and someone could have paid for them via paypal.
If so have you gotten the initial pricing?
Well if they don't rise the price that's kind of like lying... but making it more expensive than the LCD-2 is not smart either.
How are you finding yours vs the LCD-2 without getting into cable swaps and amps, sources etc... just purely the headphone and its set up vs the other headphone and its set up.
0 - they are orthos... which are dynamic headphones... which do not change with burn in (at least in an audible manner).
Like any good headphone - as many as you can get........
Wow. I didn't know headphone burn-in was still a controversial topic. All of head-direct's orthodynamics benefit from ~100 hours of burn-in. Dynamic headphones burn in too, you've got to be kidding, implying that Pro 900 don't change with burnin.
Just ordered a set today, Jan 17th, paid via PayPal at the initial pricing and just got an e-mail shipping confirmation asking for my phone number.
While I agree that to keep the price the same as the LCD-2 would seem to make sense I don't see this happening as per Fang's announcement: "HE-6P sound better than HE-5LE and will be priced between HE-6 and HE-5LE."
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. 1-17-2017 Now... 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q3 iPhone/iPad/iPod/PC USB DAC, APT-X bluetooth, a new design. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 7 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear