Just got mine yesterday and so far am impressed. My first thought is they remind me of a cross between my LCD-2 and my departed HD 800. The Apex Peak/Volcano actually drives them better than I anticipated. I have to turn the gain to #12 on my Violectric 200 to drive them. I ultimately plan on driving them with a Leben through the speaker jacks. I haven't searched the thread for this, but one design flaw that I've noticed is the bottom of the screw that holds the headband rubs against the top of the cups when the cups move. Seems like they should have designed with a little more space between the screws and cups. Anybody else notice that? Like I said, I didn't search the thread for the issue so I apologize it it's already been discussed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't had a chance to try them with the ZD. My guess is it will not drive them well since the 200 drives the LCD-2 with more authority and I had to jack the gain up all the way on the 200 to work with the HE-6. I'll let you know after I give them a try (ZD not hooked up now since I have the Peak on loan).
If you're talking about the part I think you are, there should be a clear silicone disk to keep it from rubbing directly. I would say this is a design flaw, as one of them broke on my HE-5LE and Head-direct replaced them. I did notice that the HE-6 uses clear ones rather than the black ones used on the HE-5LE so maybe they addressed that issue? Who knows.
If you mean there isn't enough clearance for you to move the earcups rather than rotate, so that the screw is hitting the top of the earcup I'd send head-direct an email... that shouldn't happen.
Edited by somestranger26 - 1/7/11 at 3:13pm
Yeah, it's nice to have the headroom, not to mention better soundstage. I think these headphones have characteristics similar to speakers, benefiting from that power.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/8/11 at 1:04pm
As they should be, the HE6 is a wonderful headphone.
Edited by sillysally - 5/3/11 at 3:33am
LoL...Aaron, leave it to you to make this observation. Thanks for the laugh...I needed it tonight.
I thing Happy Camper just edges me out in thee hirstute stakes.
I'm waiting until I go completely bald, and then grow a beard and wear my head upside down. Well, I do live downunder......
To keep this thread on track, I just ordered a HE-6.
The deal breaker for me was that I will eventually get the LCD-2, but at $999 with free international shipping, and price after the 15th escalating to $1199 or more, the HE-6 was the less-empty wallet thing to do.......
Most of the S/H LCD-2's and HE-6's on the forums are CONUS, and the ones that aren't are sold before I can grab one.
The prices also are so close to retail that I may as well get a new one.
Edited by wink - 1/9/11 at 3:40am
I want to get the HE-6 since it doesn't look like the Ed. 10 are going to be what I hoped they would be. Too bad because that would also mean I have to get a small but powerful amp for the HE-6. I guess I don't "have" to do anything.
The hair style is very close. Maybe they are related?
Did someone knows how to disassemble HE-6 completely? Plastic finish looks so ugly for me, He-5 still untouchable with its wood. I need to disassemble HE-6 completely, take dimesions of plastic earcups and order same but from desired wood from friend of mine.
You can't laugh at a serious Larry Fine. Wait a minute.....I'm more bald than Larry with a tool shed, maybe I should put up Curly instead.
John, look forward to your impressions of these if you do get them. If only there were a combination of the HE-6 and the LCD-2, we'd all be in bliss. I miss that bass of the LCD-2.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 12 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 1 minute ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 1 minute ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD-650 - Free Shipping *** SOLD *** 1 minute ago
- › 2016 St. Louis Area Spring Meet - April 30, 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › [FS/FT] Beyerdynamic T1 near mint comes with everything buyer pays... 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Bit Perfect Audio from Linux 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT Bluetooth Amplifier 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse