Just got mine yesterday and so far am impressed. My first thought is they remind me of a cross between my LCD-2 and my departed HD 800. The Apex Peak/Volcano actually drives them better than I anticipated. I have to turn the gain to #12 on my Violectric 200 to drive them. I ultimately plan on driving them with a Leben through the speaker jacks. I haven't searched the thread for this, but one design flaw that I've noticed is the bottom of the screw that holds the headband rubs against the top of the cups when the cups move. Seems like they should have designed with a little more space between the screws and cups. Anybody else notice that? Like I said, I didn't search the thread for the issue so I apologize it it's already been discussed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't had a chance to try them with the ZD. My guess is it will not drive them well since the 200 drives the LCD-2 with more authority and I had to jack the gain up all the way on the 200 to work with the HE-6. I'll let you know after I give them a try (ZD not hooked up now since I have the Peak on loan).
If you're talking about the part I think you are, there should be a clear silicone disk to keep it from rubbing directly. I would say this is a design flaw, as one of them broke on my HE-5LE and Head-direct replaced them. I did notice that the HE-6 uses clear ones rather than the black ones used on the HE-5LE so maybe they addressed that issue? Who knows.
If you mean there isn't enough clearance for you to move the earcups rather than rotate, so that the screw is hitting the top of the earcup I'd send head-direct an email... that shouldn't happen.
Edited by somestranger26 - 1/7/11 at 3:13pm
Yeah, it's nice to have the headroom, not to mention better soundstage. I think these headphones have characteristics similar to speakers, benefiting from that power.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/8/11 at 1:04pm
As they should be, the HE6 is a wonderful headphone.
Edited by sillysally - 5/3/11 at 3:33am
LoL...Aaron, leave it to you to make this observation. Thanks for the laugh...I needed it tonight.
I thing Happy Camper just edges me out in thee hirstute stakes.
I'm waiting until I go completely bald, and then grow a beard and wear my head upside down. Well, I do live downunder......
To keep this thread on track, I just ordered a HE-6.
The deal breaker for me was that I will eventually get the LCD-2, but at $999 with free international shipping, and price after the 15th escalating to $1199 or more, the HE-6 was the less-empty wallet thing to do.......
Most of the S/H LCD-2's and HE-6's on the forums are CONUS, and the ones that aren't are sold before I can grab one.
The prices also are so close to retail that I may as well get a new one.
Edited by wink - 1/9/11 at 3:40am
I want to get the HE-6 since it doesn't look like the Ed. 10 are going to be what I hoped they would be. Too bad because that would also mean I have to get a small but powerful amp for the HE-6. I guess I don't "have" to do anything.
The hair style is very close. Maybe they are related?
Did someone knows how to disassemble HE-6 completely? Plastic finish looks so ugly for me, He-5 still untouchable with its wood. I need to disassemble HE-6 completely, take dimesions of plastic earcups and order same but from desired wood from friend of mine.
You can't laugh at a serious Larry Fine. Wait a minute.....I'm more bald than Larry with a tool shed, maybe I should put up Curly instead.
John, look forward to your impressions of these if you do get them. If only there were a combination of the HE-6 and the LCD-2, we'd all be in bliss. I miss that bass of the LCD-2.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › DT 990 Premium 600 Ohm + Fiio E10K 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Vibro MKII - Zebra/Cornflower(Burst)/Stardust Sliders (PRICE... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Lab II & F7200 NY Launch Party 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...