Just got mine yesterday and so far am impressed. My first thought is they remind me of a cross between my LCD-2 and my departed HD 800. The Apex Peak/Volcano actually drives them better than I anticipated. I have to turn the gain to #12 on my Violectric 200 to drive them. I ultimately plan on driving them with a Leben through the speaker jacks. I haven't searched the thread for this, but one design flaw that I've noticed is the bottom of the screw that holds the headband rubs against the top of the cups when the cups move. Seems like they should have designed with a little more space between the screws and cups. Anybody else notice that? Like I said, I didn't search the thread for the issue so I apologize it it's already been discussed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 151
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah, right cup rubs. I've squeezed the pivot arms in a bit to resolve it.
How well does the ZD do with the HE-6?
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/7/11 at 11:06am
I haven't had a chance to try them with the ZD. My guess is it will not drive them well since the 200 drives the LCD-2 with more authority and I had to jack the gain up all the way on the 200 to work with the HE-6. I'll let you know after I give them a try (ZD not hooked up now since I have the Peak on loan).
If you're talking about the part I think you are, there should be a clear silicone disk to keep it from rubbing directly. I would say this is a design flaw, as one of them broke on my HE-5LE and Head-direct replaced them. I did notice that the HE-6 uses clear ones rather than the black ones used on the HE-5LE so maybe they addressed that issue? Who knows.
If you mean there isn't enough clearance for you to move the earcups rather than rotate, so that the screw is hitting the top of the earcup I'd send head-direct an email... that shouldn't happen.
Edited by somestranger26 - 1/7/11 at 3:13pm
Yeah, it's nice to have the headroom, not to mention better soundstage. I think these headphones have characteristics similar to speakers, benefiting from that power.
Edited by Happy Camper - 1/8/11 at 1:04pm
As they should be, the HE6 is a wonderful headphone.
Edited by sillysally - 5/3/11 at 3:33am
LoL...Aaron, leave it to you to make this observation. Thanks for the laugh...I needed it tonight.
I thing Happy Camper just edges me out in thee hirstute stakes.
I'm waiting until I go completely bald, and then grow a beard and wear my head upside down. Well, I do live downunder......
To keep this thread on track, I just ordered a HE-6.
The deal breaker for me was that I will eventually get the LCD-2, but at $999 with free international shipping, and price after the 15th escalating to $1199 or more, the HE-6 was the less-empty wallet thing to do.......
Most of the S/H LCD-2's and HE-6's on the forums are CONUS, and the ones that aren't are sold before I can grab one.
The prices also are so close to retail that I may as well get a new one.
Edited by wink - 1/9/11 at 3:40am
I want to get the HE-6 since it doesn't look like the Ed. 10 are going to be what I hoped they would be. Too bad because that would also mean I have to get a small but powerful amp for the HE-6. I guess I don't "have" to do anything.
The hair style is very close. Maybe they are related?
Did someone knows how to disassemble HE-6 completely? Plastic finish looks so ugly for me, He-5 still untouchable with its wood. I need to disassemble HE-6 completely, take dimesions of plastic earcups and order same but from desired wood from friend of mine.
You can't laugh at a serious Larry Fine. Wait a minute.....I'm more bald than Larry with a tool shed, maybe I should put up Curly instead.
John, look forward to your impressions of these if you do get them. If only there were a combination of the HE-6 and the LCD-2, we'd all be in bliss. I miss that bass of the LCD-2.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 52 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 54 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for jazz 1 minute ago
- › Ibasso DX80 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Repair of the Fiio E17 portable DAC/Amp headphone jack 9 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 10 minutes ago
- › Anyone bought the cheap chinese replacement headbands/ear cups for... 12 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2