Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 13
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I thought they sounded very good - but there were two different "versions" at Can Jam - the final version will be somewhere in between these two versions. So what I heard isn't likely to be the final version.
The housing is covered in a very nice black leather; otherwise they look the HE-5LE. As such, they are very comfy.
Had a Mini Meet this past weekend with Iron_Dreamer, Jasper994, LFF, Zippy2001, and I. They wanted to check out the HE-6 as well as catching up with old friends.
Gear line up.
Eddie Current Equilibrato.
LFF enjoying the HE-6 through a Stello DA220 to the Grace m902.
Trying the HE-6 through the Lavry DA11 to the Eddie Current Equilibrato
Zippy2001 and LFF listening to the HifiMan HM-801 at the same time. (GAME Amp module and line out to Pico Slim)
HM-801 ate a Sansa Clip+
The hazards of wearing universal IEM's. Zippy2001 got silicone ear tips stuck deep inside his ears, LFF delicately removed them successfully.
Dinner at Five Guys afterwards. I shouldn't have ordered the regular double burger...
I was worried when leather was first mentioned since I prefer cloth on pads, but then I saw the detailed picture above showing the leather on the housing and was pleasantly surprised. Very tasteful and a bit luxurious. A nice alternative to the plastic Sennheisers and the metal Beyers/Grados of recent debuts.
Edited by Maxvla - 6/29/10 at 9:51pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 800$ budget, need headphones and amp. I think this should be easy... 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs 4 minutes ago
- › TekFusion TwinWoofer, Budget IEM for $50, Impressions, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 5 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)