Just curious, is there something about orthos that is more expensive to make? The cheapest ortho is still 500$. I mean that's cheaper of course, but it's still not affordable by any means
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wouldn't the fact that they are hand-made and/or in small series by small companies make them more expensive?
That's what I thought too, but then they announced the HE-3, which is in the 300 dollar range, and it's dynamic. So their cheapest full size headphone is dynamic and all the more expensive ones are planars of some sort
I remember reading a quote somewhere online that it would cost $50k today to start making Yamaha style drivers...Ofc all the modern orthos have fostex style.
Fostex style? What specifically do you mean? There is one current ortho that is extremely different from any Fostex style.
You opened one of the new orthos to have a close look at the driver?
I can only tell you that one of the new orthos on the market is very unlike any of the Fostex drivers.
Now that you started talking about it... which one? The HE-6?
What I meant by Fostex style was a diaphragm clamped between arranged bar magnets (not the concentrically corrugated and ring driver style of Yamaha). Ok this isnt down to Fostex, but i just chose to refer to it as Fostex style.
Im not sure where that $50k figure came from though, probably the Yamaha engineer pulling figures out of the air.
btw, any other new headphones coming out that we can add to this crazy thread?
CanJam, and if sooner, it may be from here.
Fang releases information about the new products there.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Grado modders go Magnum 25 seconds ago
- › Anyone out there riding motorcycles? 34 seconds ago
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 1 minute ago
- › Discrete OpAmp Schematic, help me please 1 minute ago
- › I need recommendations for wireless bluetooth headphones 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...