Just curious, is there something about orthos that is more expensive to make? The cheapest ortho is still 500$. I mean that's cheaper of course, but it's still not affordable by any means
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wouldn't the fact that they are hand-made and/or in small series by small companies make them more expensive?
That's what I thought too, but then they announced the HE-3, which is in the 300 dollar range, and it's dynamic. So their cheapest full size headphone is dynamic and all the more expensive ones are planars of some sort
I remember reading a quote somewhere online that it would cost $50k today to start making Yamaha style drivers...Ofc all the modern orthos have fostex style.
Fostex style? What specifically do you mean? There is one current ortho that is extremely different from any Fostex style.
You opened one of the new orthos to have a close look at the driver?
I can only tell you that one of the new orthos on the market is very unlike any of the Fostex drivers.
Now that you started talking about it... which one? The HE-6?
What I meant by Fostex style was a diaphragm clamped between arranged bar magnets (not the concentrically corrugated and ring driver style of Yamaha). Ok this isnt down to Fostex, but i just chose to refer to it as Fostex style.
Im not sure where that $50k figure came from though, probably the Yamaha engineer pulling figures out of the air.
btw, any other new headphones coming out that we can add to this crazy thread?
CanJam, and if sooner, it may be from here.
Fang releases information about the new products there.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Venture Electroncs (VE) Monk - a $5 earbud that seriously deserves... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 2 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (8:CT6E, 7:H8P, 6:JH13,... 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 2 minutes ago
- › what should i buy and what is it Audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2