Just curious, is there something about orthos that is more expensive to make? The cheapest ortho is still 500$. I mean that's cheaper of course, but it's still not affordable by any means
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 12
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Wouldn't the fact that they are hand-made and/or in small series by small companies make them more expensive?
That's what I thought too, but then they announced the HE-3, which is in the 300 dollar range, and it's dynamic. So their cheapest full size headphone is dynamic and all the more expensive ones are planars of some sort
I remember reading a quote somewhere online that it would cost $50k today to start making Yamaha style drivers...Ofc all the modern orthos have fostex style.
Fostex style? What specifically do you mean? There is one current ortho that is extremely different from any Fostex style.
You opened one of the new orthos to have a close look at the driver?
I can only tell you that one of the new orthos on the market is very unlike any of the Fostex drivers.
Now that you started talking about it... which one? The HE-6?
What I meant by Fostex style was a diaphragm clamped between arranged bar magnets (not the concentrically corrugated and ring driver style of Yamaha). Ok this isnt down to Fostex, but i just chose to refer to it as Fostex style.
Im not sure where that $50k figure came from though, probably the Yamaha engineer pulling figures out of the air.
btw, any other new headphones coming out that we can add to this crazy thread?
CanJam, and if sooner, it may be from here.
Fang releases information about the new products there.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 19 seconds ago
- › AKG K240 review 40 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 2 minutes ago
- › Review of AKG K171 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 5 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...