Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 992

post #14866 of 14874

Good to know, thanks!

post #14867 of 14874

Has anyone heard the Eddie Current 445 / 2A3MKIV with the HE-6 and could give their impressions? Thanks :)

post #14868 of 14874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojay View Post
 

Has anyone heard the Eddie Current 445 / 2A3MKIV with the HE-6 and could give their impressions? Thanks :)


Yes, great sounding amp but not quite enough. Almost perfect for HD800 though.

post #14869 of 14874

Hi guys, I've found a couple snippets on the web but no real first hand feed back on how the HE-6 performs when run out of Bottlehead's Sex amp, is anyone here running this combo or have experience of it? 

 

Any feed back on the combo or pointers to appropriate posts would be appreciated.

 

Cheers

Jamie

post #14870 of 14874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post


Yes, great sounding amp but not quite enough. Almost perfect for HD800 though.
I presume you are talking about the 445?
Do you feel it was on the bright side of things? How does it do with modern not so well recorded recordings?
Thanks!
Edited by lojay - 8/30/14 at 7:02pm
post #14871 of 14874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojay View Post


I presume you are talking about the 445?
Do you feel it was on the bright side of things? How does it do with modern not so well recorded recordings?
Thanks!


Yup, the 445.

 

People say it's a bright amp, but I didn't find it bright with either my HE-6 or Anax's HD800. Seems to do fine on modern recordings. Not sure how you rate Daft Punks' Get Lucky. I have not heard a bad sounding amp built by Craig.

 

I would still go solid state for HE-6.

post #14872 of 14874

Power monsters!!


Edited by Vartan - Today at 8:06 am
post #14873 of 14874
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 


Yup, the 445.

 

People say it's a bright amp, but I didn't find it bright with either my HE-6 or Anax's HD800. Seems to do fine on modern recordings. Not sure how you rate Daft Punks' Get Lucky. I have not heard a bad sounding amp built by Craig.

 

I would still go solid state for HE-6.

Thinking of getting it to replace the WA5. But I suppose the WA5 is more powerful, and HE6 loooves power..

post #14874 of 14874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojay View Post
 

Thinking of getting it to replace the WA5. But I suppose the WA5 is more powerful, and HE6 loooves power..

500w monoblocks :evil:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone