Yeah the high gain setting on Ember is best for the HE6. What kind of tube are you using? Try a 12ax7 if you have one around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
published on April 30, 2016 - download a printable 8-page PDF version of this review (right-click the link & save target, or just tap for mobile devices) (click any photo in this review...
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 946
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks guys. I am in the process a pair of both types.
further impressions of focuspads pre vs. production versions:
I'd say the pre gives a better sense of a flat response but I think the production is faster and slightly more comfortable so overall I'd pick the production version if I could only have one.
I did it! I did it and then last night took it all off and today did it again, but better. Sounding real good! I wish there was some way to make these even more precise.. Maybe the regrill will help
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
With my current replacement pads having a lot of life left, not sure what the next pads will be. Seems when I'm ready (and have a few $$$) I'll certainly have lots of new pads to choose from.
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4 hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
I am guessing you are not married. If i told my wife I want to spend 10 hrs on a mod for my HP she will make sure I do every chore in the house forever.....
Edited by punit - 7/22/14 at 3:30am
Just to be clear. The felt mod is the Fuzzor mod - correct? Also, this mod is totally reversible - correct?
I'm not! I live with my girlfriend though. She protested and gave me flack at first but she seems to have accepted it now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 39 seconds ago
- › New member roll call open "soap box" thread 48 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 8 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 9 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 13 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 13 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Orion by piksnz
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by Asr
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse