Yeah the high gain setting on Ember is best for the HE6. What kind of tube are you using? Try a 12ax7 if you have one around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
Commercial brands are pretty much like IT girls: should one of them flash her bare belly in the street, the next day the whole town would follow to vast enjoyment of the «other half of mankind»,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 946
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks guys. I am in the process a pair of both types.
further impressions of focuspads pre vs. production versions:
I'd say the pre gives a better sense of a flat response but I think the production is faster and slightly more comfortable so overall I'd pick the production version if I could only have one.
I did it! I did it and then last night took it all off and today did it again, but better. Sounding real good! I wish there was some way to make these even more precise.. Maybe the regrill will help
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
With my current replacement pads having a lot of life left, not sure what the next pads will be. Seems when I'm ready (and have a few $$$) I'll certainly have lots of new pads to choose from.
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4 hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
I am guessing you are not married. If i told my wife I want to spend 10 hrs on a mod for my HP she will make sure I do every chore in the house forever.....
Edited by punit - 7/22/14 at 3:30am
Just to be clear. The felt mod is the Fuzzor mod - correct? Also, this mod is totally reversible - correct?
I'm not! I live with my girlfriend though. She protested and gave me flack at first but she seems to have accepted it now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 6 minutes ago
- › The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment 6 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...