Yeah the high gain setting on Ember is best for the HE6. What kind of tube are you using? Try a 12ax7 if you have one around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 946
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks guys. I am in the process a pair of both types.
further impressions of focuspads pre vs. production versions:
I'd say the pre gives a better sense of a flat response but I think the production is faster and slightly more comfortable so overall I'd pick the production version if I could only have one.
I did it! I did it and then last night took it all off and today did it again, but better. Sounding real good! I wish there was some way to make these even more precise.. Maybe the regrill will help
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
With my current replacement pads having a lot of life left, not sure what the next pads will be. Seems when I'm ready (and have a few $$$) I'll certainly have lots of new pads to choose from.
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4 hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
I am guessing you are not married. If i told my wife I want to spend 10 hrs on a mod for my HP she will make sure I do every chore in the house forever.....
Edited by punit - 7/22/14 at 3:30am
Just to be clear. The felt mod is the Fuzzor mod - correct? Also, this mod is totally reversible - correct?
I'm not! I live with my girlfriend though. She protested and gave me flack at first but she seems to have accepted it now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 2 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 5 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 13 seconds ago
- › Audiophonics PCM5102 battery-powered 32-bit, 384kHz DAC with XMOS... 47 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › SoundMAGIC Vento P55 (New & Refined) Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted! 1 minute ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendation on wireless headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...