Yeah the high gain setting on Ember is best for the HE6. What kind of tube are you using? Try a 12ax7 if you have one around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 946
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks guys. I am in the process a pair of both types.
further impressions of focuspads pre vs. production versions:
I'd say the pre gives a better sense of a flat response but I think the production is faster and slightly more comfortable so overall I'd pick the production version if I could only have one.
I did it! I did it and then last night took it all off and today did it again, but better. Sounding real good! I wish there was some way to make these even more precise.. Maybe the regrill will help
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
With my current replacement pads having a lot of life left, not sure what the next pads will be. Seems when I'm ready (and have a few $$$) I'll certainly have lots of new pads to choose from.
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4 hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
I am guessing you are not married. If i told my wife I want to spend 10 hrs on a mod for my HP she will make sure I do every chore in the house forever.....
Edited by punit - 7/22/14 at 3:30am
Just to be clear. The felt mod is the Fuzzor mod - correct? Also, this mod is totally reversible - correct?
I'm not! I live with my girlfriend though. She protested and gave me flack at first but she seems to have accepted it now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 1 second ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 41 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › knife-fi? 2 minutes ago
- › LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ? 2 minutes ago
- › Mojo's Greatest Hits 2 minutes ago
- › Finally have some money :) time for a full system upgrade, HELP... 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...