Yeah the high gain setting on Ember is best for the HE6. What kind of tube are you using? Try a 12ax7 if you have one around.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 946
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks guys. I am in the process a pair of both types.
further impressions of focuspads pre vs. production versions:
I'd say the pre gives a better sense of a flat response but I think the production is faster and slightly more comfortable so overall I'd pick the production version if I could only have one.
I did it! I did it and then last night took it all off and today did it again, but better. Sounding real good! I wish there was some way to make these even more precise.. Maybe the regrill will help
The felt mod is extremely time consuming! It will sound better still with the grill mod. Soundstage will enlarge and the highs will come back. Might get to be a bit too much with the post pads for some.
With my current replacement pads having a lot of life left, not sure what the next pads will be. Seems when I'm ready (and have a few $$$) I'll certainly have lots of new pads to choose from.
Poor soul! I did a cardboard cutout of the shapes I needed then just cut with sharp scissors. It did end up taking a good 3-4 hours though. Worth it but would never do it again!
I am guessing you are not married. If i told my wife I want to spend 10 hrs on a mod for my HP she will make sure I do every chore in the house forever.....
Edited by punit - 7/22/14 at 3:30am
Just to be clear. The felt mod is the Fuzzor mod - correct? Also, this mod is totally reversible - correct?
I'm not! I live with my girlfriend though. She protested and gave me flack at first but she seems to have accepted it now
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Need fast help, 5.8 wireless mixamp 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 1 minute ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)