- 335 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 937
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am doing that right now. Will report asap. Thanks.
OK, I tried each speaker side separately (i.e. first left speaker outs only and then right speaker outs only). No sound in either case. Then I tried the positive only of both left and right speaker outs only. Some sound from the right ear cup. Finally, I tried both negatives only. No sound at all. Bloody confusing !
Thanks for the assist. Its not the amp. I connected my NHT floor speakers to the Emo and works like a charm. Definitely the adapter cable. That's a relief. But you know what, the freakin' NHT sounds awesome. And I'm like, forget the HE 4 and 6 for a while.
The more I listen to the HE 6 the more I am impressed. Mind you, I am using only the Mojo for now and I have to turn the pot up to 12 before the 6 starts to show its potential. So after a Mark Knopfler song, I put on the LCD 3(c) on the Mojo and listened to the same song at the same volume level. Great sound but there was a hint of veiling to my ears compared to the 6. Is this because the 3(c) is a tad darker than the 6?
Notice I am dealing in 3s and multiples!
Edited by Trance_Gott - 7/13/14 at 12:58pm
Seems that the volume on my speaker amp was louder on Friday and it wins against my Bryston. Today no chance for my speak amp Yamaha Ax496 against BHA1. The Bryston hits hard as the Yamma. Everything else like mids, details and soundstage are better on the BHA1. When someone says the BHA1 cannot drive the HE6 with good sound quality it is nonsense. Even my Phonitor2 can drive the HE6 with loud volumes and great sound quality! I don't need 100db or more.
Thanks to you man. But its just not the treble. The drumming for example; I'm now hearing the entire set as individual instruments and as a collective whole. I am listening to Hendrix now...hell, I can place Mitch's drums now on stage (or in the studio as the case may be)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Music Game IX 6 seconds ago
- › Fake oppo HA-1 on Amazon? 16 seconds ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 27 seconds ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best speaker Amp money can buy ($3,500) 3 minutes ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 3 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear