- 335 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction: Unfamiliar Territory A couple of years ago, I was telling my father-in-law about my audio and music hobby. He asked me if the equipment I had was made by "Pioneer, Sony" or...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the C1002, one of 1More's many hybrid offerings. The C1002 utilizes a single balanced armature and single dynamic driver to produce a...
This is the worse purchase i did in audio ever. RHA should be ashamed releasing such a poor quality product. And the audio press should be ashamed not to mention this is well below average ... I...
Preamble: Hidizs Technology (http://www.hidizs.com/) is a Chinese audio manufacturer (mainly digital audio players) that established in early 2014 and is based in Dongguan, China....
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONA fair bit of this review may borrow sections from my U6 review. The reason for this is that a lot of...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 937
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am doing that right now. Will report asap. Thanks.
OK, I tried each speaker side separately (i.e. first left speaker outs only and then right speaker outs only). No sound in either case. Then I tried the positive only of both left and right speaker outs only. Some sound from the right ear cup. Finally, I tried both negatives only. No sound at all. Bloody confusing !
Thanks for the assist. Its not the amp. I connected my NHT floor speakers to the Emo and works like a charm. Definitely the adapter cable. That's a relief. But you know what, the freakin' NHT sounds awesome. And I'm like, forget the HE 4 and 6 for a while.
The more I listen to the HE 6 the more I am impressed. Mind you, I am using only the Mojo for now and I have to turn the pot up to 12 before the 6 starts to show its potential. So after a Mark Knopfler song, I put on the LCD 3(c) on the Mojo and listened to the same song at the same volume level. Great sound but there was a hint of veiling to my ears compared to the 6. Is this because the 3(c) is a tad darker than the 6?
Notice I am dealing in 3s and multiples!
Edited by Trance_Gott - 7/13/14 at 12:58pm
Seems that the volume on my speaker amp was louder on Friday and it wins against my Bryston. Today no chance for my speak amp Yamaha Ax496 against BHA1. The Bryston hits hard as the Yamma. Everything else like mids, details and soundstage are better on the BHA1. When someone says the BHA1 cannot drive the HE6 with good sound quality it is nonsense. Even my Phonitor2 can drive the HE6 with loud volumes and great sound quality! I don't need 100db or more.
Thanks to you man. But its just not the treble. The drumming for example; I'm now hearing the entire set as individual instruments and as a collective whole. I am listening to Hendrix now...hell, I can place Mitch's drums now on stage (or in the studio as the case may be)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Need Help From AudioPhiles 50 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of trying out vinyl? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Waterproof headphone under 60$ 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › 64 Audio U10 by Brooko
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...