- 335 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 937
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am doing that right now. Will report asap. Thanks.
OK, I tried each speaker side separately (i.e. first left speaker outs only and then right speaker outs only). No sound in either case. Then I tried the positive only of both left and right speaker outs only. Some sound from the right ear cup. Finally, I tried both negatives only. No sound at all. Bloody confusing !
Thanks for the assist. Its not the amp. I connected my NHT floor speakers to the Emo and works like a charm. Definitely the adapter cable. That's a relief. But you know what, the freakin' NHT sounds awesome. And I'm like, forget the HE 4 and 6 for a while.
The more I listen to the HE 6 the more I am impressed. Mind you, I am using only the Mojo for now and I have to turn the pot up to 12 before the 6 starts to show its potential. So after a Mark Knopfler song, I put on the LCD 3(c) on the Mojo and listened to the same song at the same volume level. Great sound but there was a hint of veiling to my ears compared to the 6. Is this because the 3(c) is a tad darker than the 6?
Notice I am dealing in 3s and multiples!
Edited by Trance_Gott - 7/13/14 at 12:58pm
Seems that the volume on my speaker amp was louder on Friday and it wins against my Bryston. Today no chance for my speak amp Yamaha Ax496 against BHA1. The Bryston hits hard as the Yamma. Everything else like mids, details and soundstage are better on the BHA1. When someone says the BHA1 cannot drive the HE6 with good sound quality it is nonsense. Even my Phonitor2 can drive the HE6 with loud volumes and great sound quality! I don't need 100db or more.
Thanks to you man. But its just not the treble. The drumming for example; I'm now hearing the entire set as individual instruments and as a collective whole. I am listening to Hendrix now...hell, I can place Mitch's drums now on stage (or in the studio as the case may be)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 43 seconds ago
- › HifiMan HE1000 HE400i Aftermarket Mod 1 minute ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 3 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 3 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Using 12AX7 in 6922 Amp with tube converter? 7 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 7 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 7 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...