- 262 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 937
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am doing that right now. Will report asap. Thanks.
OK, I tried each speaker side separately (i.e. first left speaker outs only and then right speaker outs only). No sound in either case. Then I tried the positive only of both left and right speaker outs only. Some sound from the right ear cup. Finally, I tried both negatives only. No sound at all. Bloody confusing !
Thanks for the assist. Its not the amp. I connected my NHT floor speakers to the Emo and works like a charm. Definitely the adapter cable. That's a relief. But you know what, the freakin' NHT sounds awesome. And I'm like, forget the HE 4 and 6 for a while.
The more I listen to the HE 6 the more I am impressed. Mind you, I am using only the Mojo for now and I have to turn the pot up to 12 before the 6 starts to show its potential. So after a Mark Knopfler song, I put on the LCD 3(c) on the Mojo and listened to the same song at the same volume level. Great sound but there was a hint of veiling to my ears compared to the 6. Is this because the 3(c) is a tad darker than the 6?
Notice I am dealing in 3s and multiples!
Edited by Trance_Gott - 7/13/14 at 12:58pm
Seems that the volume on my speaker amp was louder on Friday and it wins against my Bryston. Today no chance for my speak amp Yamaha Ax496 against BHA1. The Bryston hits hard as the Yamma. Everything else like mids, details and soundstage are better on the BHA1. When someone says the BHA1 cannot drive the HE6 with good sound quality it is nonsense. Even my Phonitor2 can drive the HE6 with loud volumes and great sound quality! I don't need 100db or more.
Thanks to you man. But its just not the treble. The drumming for example; I'm now hearing the entire set as individual instruments and as a collective whole. I am listening to Hendrix now...hell, I can place Mitch's drums now on stage (or in the studio as the case may be)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 8 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 9 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AD2000X 9 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)