- 298 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 12/10/14 at 12:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 937
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I am doing that right now. Will report asap. Thanks.
OK, I tried each speaker side separately (i.e. first left speaker outs only and then right speaker outs only). No sound in either case. Then I tried the positive only of both left and right speaker outs only. Some sound from the right ear cup. Finally, I tried both negatives only. No sound at all. Bloody confusing !
Thanks for the assist. Its not the amp. I connected my NHT floor speakers to the Emo and works like a charm. Definitely the adapter cable. That's a relief. But you know what, the freakin' NHT sounds awesome. And I'm like, forget the HE 4 and 6 for a while.
The more I listen to the HE 6 the more I am impressed. Mind you, I am using only the Mojo for now and I have to turn the pot up to 12 before the 6 starts to show its potential. So after a Mark Knopfler song, I put on the LCD 3(c) on the Mojo and listened to the same song at the same volume level. Great sound but there was a hint of veiling to my ears compared to the 6. Is this because the 3(c) is a tad darker than the 6?
Notice I am dealing in 3s and multiples!
Edited by Trance_Gott - 7/13/14 at 12:58pm
Seems that the volume on my speaker amp was louder on Friday and it wins against my Bryston. Today no chance for my speak amp Yamaha Ax496 against BHA1. The Bryston hits hard as the Yamma. Everything else like mids, details and soundstage are better on the BHA1. When someone says the BHA1 cannot drive the HE6 with good sound quality it is nonsense. Even my Phonitor2 can drive the HE6 with loud volumes and great sound quality! I don't need 100db or more.
Thanks to you man. But its just not the treble. The drumming for example; I'm now hearing the entire set as individual instruments and as a collective whole. I am listening to Hendrix now...hell, I can place Mitch's drums now on stage (or in the studio as the case may be)
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 27 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 1 minute ago
- › SoundMagic HP150 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Circle Audio "PaG" Custom Headphone Amp - first impressions/... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)