- 4,358 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: PDX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 921
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I knew you were dangerous . Anyway a good buddy of mine on this thread is visiting India soon and we plan to swap his HE6 and my LCD XC for some listening for some time.
Would you mind listing in order what you suggest the mods to be done should be? I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Happy Camper - 6/26/14 at 12:52pm
when you open the grills you will see some cotton inside , remove them.
That's the mod that even HiFiMAN themselves have suggested, whereby one takes the cotton damping material out of the cup. Returns a more open sound stage.
if you want even more open sound, remove the liner from the stock grill. takes a few seconds and open up the sound quite a bit. after every listening sessions I store my cans in their box so no problemo.
Absolutely...forgot to mention that one. These two things (cotton & disc foam) were the very first things I did, thanks to this thread!
Thanks for the info on the mods. I'll be jumping on them....................if I ever get my new replacements from them.
Recall my driver blew so sent them to Delaware. Well, they are on the way to me but here's the clustermess that happens when you are dealing with one customer service person in China and she/he is coordinating with the US customer service. I asked Lu how soon I could get the headphones and wanted to know what I could do (pay $) to get them back ASAP. I even sent them to HFM via UPS 3 day select to shorten the turnaround. No response to that question but repeated replies that I need to take care of Paypal (which I did immediately) and they would get them out to me soon. Soon? So I asked again if they ship on Wednesday (two days ago) I'd like them by the weekend. THIS weekend. Wait a day (time delays again dealing with China) and get a 'good news, we shipped your headphones and here's your tracking number' email. So checked it...............and for a day it was stuck on having them delivered to me yesterday but then last night it showed there was a problem with the pickup at HiFiMan and it cost me a day. Well, I could live with that day if it still meant I get them on Saturday. Nope. They sent them FedEx ground with arrival next Thursday.
I am sure they are nice people, etc, but I repeatedly asked about receiving by today or tomorrow and even left two messages at the CS number in Delaware. Grizzlybeast got his in two days USPS Priority.............why they chose to ship FedEx ground I have no clue.
I asked myself what I could have done different or better but I'm not sure. I have not heard of any issues with HiFiMan service on the boards so must just be an isolated incident. Great. First the QC issue, now this. Not a good taste left in the mouth.
Thanks for listening to my whining.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 3 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD661 Comfort Mod? 7 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 10 minutes ago
- › Is 192 kHz better or worse sounding than 96 kHz? Benchmark Media... 11 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 12 minutes ago
- › Fidue Headphones clearance sale 13 minutes ago
- › Reference headphones with adequate bass response 14 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 16 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...