- 2,461 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Portland, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 921
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I knew you were dangerous . Anyway a good buddy of mine on this thread is visiting India soon and we plan to swap his HE6 and my LCD XC for some listening for some time.
Would you mind listing in order what you suggest the mods to be done should be? I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Happy Camper - 6/26/14 at 12:52pm
when you open the grills you will see some cotton inside , remove them.
That's the mod that even HiFiMAN themselves have suggested, whereby one takes the cotton damping material out of the cup. Returns a more open sound stage.
if you want even more open sound, remove the liner from the stock grill. takes a few seconds and open up the sound quite a bit. after every listening sessions I store my cans in their box so no problemo.
Thanks for the info on the mods. I'll be jumping on them....................if I ever get my new replacements from them.
Recall my driver blew so sent them to Delaware. Well, they are on the way to me but here's the clustermess that happens when you are dealing with one customer service person in China and she/he is coordinating with the US customer service. I asked Lu how soon I could get the headphones and wanted to know what I could do (pay $) to get them back ASAP. I even sent them to HFM via UPS 3 day select to shorten the turnaround. No response to that question but repeated replies that I need to take care of Paypal (which I did immediately) and they would get them out to me soon. Soon? So I asked again if they ship on Wednesday (two days ago) I'd like them by the weekend. THIS weekend. Wait a day (time delays again dealing with China) and get a 'good news, we shipped your headphones and here's your tracking number' email. So checked it...............and for a day it was stuck on having them delivered to me yesterday but then last night it showed there was a problem with the pickup at HiFiMan and it cost me a day. Well, I could live with that day if it still meant I get them on Saturday. Nope. They sent them FedEx ground with arrival next Thursday.
I am sure they are nice people, etc, but I repeatedly asked about receiving by today or tomorrow and even left two messages at the CS number in Delaware. Grizzlybeast got his in two days USPS Priority.............why they chose to ship FedEx ground I have no clue.
I asked myself what I could have done different or better but I'm not sure. I have not heard of any issues with HiFiMan service on the boards so must just be an isolated incident. Great. First the QC issue, now this. Not a good taste left in the mouth.
Thanks for listening to my whining.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K812 Pro 50 seconds ago
- › The "notorious" Sennheiser HD280 Pro...Review 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)