- 3,002 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Portland, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 921
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I knew you were dangerous . Anyway a good buddy of mine on this thread is visiting India soon and we plan to swap his HE6 and my LCD XC for some listening for some time.
Would you mind listing in order what you suggest the mods to be done should be? I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Happy Camper - 6/26/14 at 12:52pm
when you open the grills you will see some cotton inside , remove them.
That's the mod that even HiFiMAN themselves have suggested, whereby one takes the cotton damping material out of the cup. Returns a more open sound stage.
if you want even more open sound, remove the liner from the stock grill. takes a few seconds and open up the sound quite a bit. after every listening sessions I store my cans in their box so no problemo.
Absolutely...forgot to mention that one. These two things (cotton & disc foam) were the very first things I did, thanks to this thread!
Thanks for the info on the mods. I'll be jumping on them....................if I ever get my new replacements from them.
Recall my driver blew so sent them to Delaware. Well, they are on the way to me but here's the clustermess that happens when you are dealing with one customer service person in China and she/he is coordinating with the US customer service. I asked Lu how soon I could get the headphones and wanted to know what I could do (pay $) to get them back ASAP. I even sent them to HFM via UPS 3 day select to shorten the turnaround. No response to that question but repeated replies that I need to take care of Paypal (which I did immediately) and they would get them out to me soon. Soon? So I asked again if they ship on Wednesday (two days ago) I'd like them by the weekend. THIS weekend. Wait a day (time delays again dealing with China) and get a 'good news, we shipped your headphones and here's your tracking number' email. So checked it...............and for a day it was stuck on having them delivered to me yesterday but then last night it showed there was a problem with the pickup at HiFiMan and it cost me a day. Well, I could live with that day if it still meant I get them on Saturday. Nope. They sent them FedEx ground with arrival next Thursday.
I am sure they are nice people, etc, but I repeatedly asked about receiving by today or tomorrow and even left two messages at the CS number in Delaware. Grizzlybeast got his in two days USPS Priority.............why they chose to ship FedEx ground I have no clue.
I asked myself what I could have done different or better but I'm not sure. I have not heard of any issues with HiFiMan service on the boards so must just be an isolated incident. Great. First the QC issue, now this. Not a good taste left in the mouth.
Thanks for listening to my whining.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2