- 4,464 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: PDX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 921
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I knew you were dangerous . Anyway a good buddy of mine on this thread is visiting India soon and we plan to swap his HE6 and my LCD XC for some listening for some time.
Would you mind listing in order what you suggest the mods to be done should be? I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Happy Camper - 6/26/14 at 12:52pm
when you open the grills you will see some cotton inside , remove them.
That's the mod that even HiFiMAN themselves have suggested, whereby one takes the cotton damping material out of the cup. Returns a more open sound stage.
if you want even more open sound, remove the liner from the stock grill. takes a few seconds and open up the sound quite a bit. after every listening sessions I store my cans in their box so no problemo.
Absolutely...forgot to mention that one. These two things (cotton & disc foam) were the very first things I did, thanks to this thread!
Thanks for the info on the mods. I'll be jumping on them....................if I ever get my new replacements from them.
Recall my driver blew so sent them to Delaware. Well, they are on the way to me but here's the clustermess that happens when you are dealing with one customer service person in China and she/he is coordinating with the US customer service. I asked Lu how soon I could get the headphones and wanted to know what I could do (pay $) to get them back ASAP. I even sent them to HFM via UPS 3 day select to shorten the turnaround. No response to that question but repeated replies that I need to take care of Paypal (which I did immediately) and they would get them out to me soon. Soon? So I asked again if they ship on Wednesday (two days ago) I'd like them by the weekend. THIS weekend. Wait a day (time delays again dealing with China) and get a 'good news, we shipped your headphones and here's your tracking number' email. So checked it...............and for a day it was stuck on having them delivered to me yesterday but then last night it showed there was a problem with the pickup at HiFiMan and it cost me a day. Well, I could live with that day if it still meant I get them on Saturday. Nope. They sent them FedEx ground with arrival next Thursday.
I am sure they are nice people, etc, but I repeatedly asked about receiving by today or tomorrow and even left two messages at the CS number in Delaware. Grizzlybeast got his in two days USPS Priority.............why they chose to ship FedEx ground I have no clue.
I asked myself what I could have done different or better but I'm not sure. I have not heard of any issues with HiFiMan service on the boards so must just be an isolated incident. Great. First the QC issue, now this. Not a good taste left in the mouth.
Thanks for listening to my whining.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Portable Amp & Dac for Audio Technica ATH-R70X 28 seconds ago
- › Looking for double blind test event about phase inversion 39 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › *Used Schiit Magni 2 Uber 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...