- 4,638 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: PDX
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 921
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I knew you were dangerous . Anyway a good buddy of mine on this thread is visiting India soon and we plan to swap his HE6 and my LCD XC for some listening for some time.
Would you mind listing in order what you suggest the mods to be done should be? I'd appreciate it!
Edited by Happy Camper - 6/26/14 at 12:52pm
when you open the grills you will see some cotton inside , remove them.
That's the mod that even HiFiMAN themselves have suggested, whereby one takes the cotton damping material out of the cup. Returns a more open sound stage.
if you want even more open sound, remove the liner from the stock grill. takes a few seconds and open up the sound quite a bit. after every listening sessions I store my cans in their box so no problemo.
Absolutely...forgot to mention that one. These two things (cotton & disc foam) were the very first things I did, thanks to this thread!
Thanks for the info on the mods. I'll be jumping on them....................if I ever get my new replacements from them.
Recall my driver blew so sent them to Delaware. Well, they are on the way to me but here's the clustermess that happens when you are dealing with one customer service person in China and she/he is coordinating with the US customer service. I asked Lu how soon I could get the headphones and wanted to know what I could do (pay $) to get them back ASAP. I even sent them to HFM via UPS 3 day select to shorten the turnaround. No response to that question but repeated replies that I need to take care of Paypal (which I did immediately) and they would get them out to me soon. Soon? So I asked again if they ship on Wednesday (two days ago) I'd like them by the weekend. THIS weekend. Wait a day (time delays again dealing with China) and get a 'good news, we shipped your headphones and here's your tracking number' email. So checked it...............and for a day it was stuck on having them delivered to me yesterday but then last night it showed there was a problem with the pickup at HiFiMan and it cost me a day. Well, I could live with that day if it still meant I get them on Saturday. Nope. They sent them FedEx ground with arrival next Thursday.
I am sure they are nice people, etc, but I repeatedly asked about receiving by today or tomorrow and even left two messages at the CS number in Delaware. Grizzlybeast got his in two days USPS Priority.............why they chose to ship FedEx ground I have no clue.
I asked myself what I could have done different or better but I'm not sure. I have not heard of any issues with HiFiMan service on the boards so must just be an isolated incident. Great. First the QC issue, now this. Not a good taste left in the mouth.
Thanks for listening to my whining.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Cardas clear HD800 cable 1 minute ago
- › Rampant scammers on amazon 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 8 minutes ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 8 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 9 minutes ago
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by Peddler
- › iFi Audio iEMatch Headphone Travel Accessory by Hisoundfi
- › Soundaware Esther by ambchang
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear