or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 917

post #13741 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

I'm a new member of this exclusive little club now for 35 minutes...........bought a very close to new pair and received today. Had to wait to unbox these beauties till my daughter and I watched the DVR'd US soccer game with Ghana (epic final few minutes!).

Anyway, I've listened for 37 minutes now out of my Pioneer Spec system and cannot believe how good these sound! I may not sleep tonight. The bass is EPIC and so heavy (only word I can think of that fits). Unreal. I am so glad I got them. This out of the headphone out by the way.

Also bought the HiFiMan speaker tap box so that will be yet another revelation I'm sure.

Thank you all for singing the praises of these. If anything you undersold them.

Wow.

 

If that's impressive, want til you mod it!

 

Interested in your impressions of the hifiman box.

post #13742 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

Also bought the HiFiMan speaker tap box so that will be yet another revelation I'm sure.

Welcome:beerchug:
 

If you are diligent you will not need to use the HiFiMan speaker tap box, you can run them direct of the speaker taps. I feel it would be better that way. What Speaker tap to HP adapter cable are you using ?

post #13743 of 19433

How much does it cost to get these hardwired? The connectors are starting to annoy me a bit

post #13744 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

Welcome:beerchug:
 

If you are diligent you will not need to use the HiFiMan speaker tap box, you can run them direct of the speaker taps. I feel it would be better that way. What Speaker tap to HP adapter cable are you using ?

 

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275 View Post
 

How much does it cost to get these hardwired? The connectors are starting to annoy me a bit

 

 

I hate those connectors..  

 

The cost of the cable plus a little extra - not much..

post #13745 of 19433
Do you know anyone who could do it? I already have a custom cable
post #13746 of 19433

Are you in the US?

post #13747 of 19433
@Oregonian Once you get settled with your new acquisition could you compare the TH900 and HE-6? Thanks.
post #13748 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Jester View Post

@Oregonian Once you get settled with your new acquisition could you compare the TH900 and HE-6? Thanks.

Properly amped the HE 6 is better than the TH 900 in every dept. Highs are more resolved, Mids have weight & more natural, Bass has better texture & sounds more real. But I will not sell the TH 900 for 3 reasons : (1) As it works with all my amps & even sounds amazing from a portable HP, so it is my fav travel HP (not used during travel but when I reach my destination). (2) Also TH 900 has more bass slam so for those moments when you need your brain pounded into submission nothing works like the TH 900 & (3) Its such a FUN HP.


Edited by punit - 6/17/14 at 2:19am
post #13749 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 

Properly amped the HE 6 is better than the TH 900 in every dept. Highs are more resolved, Mids have weight & more natural, Bass has better texture & sounds more real. But I will not sell the TH 900 for 3 reasons : (1) As it works with all my amps & even sounds amazing from a portable HP, so it is my fav travel HP (not used during travel but when I reach my destination). (2) Also TH 900 has more bass slam so for those moments when you need your brain pounded into submission nothing works like the TH 900 & (3) Its such a FUN HP.

So why do you need the HE 6 then ?:wink:

post #13750 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

So why do you need the HE 6 then ?:wink:


So that I can officially be a member of one of the most intelligent threads on Head Fi :D 

post #13751 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


So that I can officially be a member of one of the most intelligent threads on Head Fi :D 

That seals the deal. Where do I get mine ? I don't want to pay top dollar though:mad:

post #13752 of 19433

There are open box sale units available regularly on ebay from Razor Dog for about 18-19% less than regular price (you have to make an offer). I bought it from there. My guess is these are returns from people who buy them without proper research, so do not have an adequate amp & wonder WTF & return them. Also I have seen some good deals on the the F/S T forum .


Edited by punit - 6/17/14 at 5:59am
post #13753 of 19433
@punit thanks for your impressions. I would love to hear them one day.
post #13754 of 19433
biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post


So that I can officially be a member of one of the most intelligent threads on Head Fi biggrin.gif  
post #13755 of 19433

If you want to get the HE-6 at an acceptable price the best bet imo is Ebay, provided you take your time, for every 6 that pops up, there are 10 HE-500 and 50 HE-400's.  Some sellers (such as Madooma in Germany) offer opened boxes but otherwise new or showroom models at discounted rates.  Mostly the returns are indeed from people who think they'll be able to drive them from an iPad or something, despite the seller putting in red capital letters on the site that they require serious amplification.  They're worth the wait though, enjoying them now, just arrived back at my residence in Europe.  Occasionally here via the F/S forums, there were a couple sold lately I believe.  But after our recent experience I think I'll roll the dice on  Ebay.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone