Oh no is also appropriate. The continued onslaught on the wallet ...OOOOOOWWWWWWW
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 906
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think it's 5 wpc into 50 ohms when run balanced. (http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/04/11/headamp-gsx-mk2/)
Thanks. Hmm.. a possible challenger to the GS-X for the ultimate SS heavyweight crown . The only thing which kept me from considering buying the GS-X was that if I was gonna pay so much money for an HP amp then it better drive all my HP's well, otherwise no value for money. Indians are very value conscious that way.
Edited by punit - 5/17/14 at 5:41am
I've heard their small DAC - Not impressed by it at all. I haven't heard any of their TOTL DACs. I want to. The com pay is a real high end company. However, that also mean real high end prices. The integrated amp I really like from them cost $8K.
thanks man. The cost really is a tough barrier when it gets that high.
how would you say their integrated compares to your First Watt? Even if you did not do side by side, I'd be interested in any impressions, understanding all the normal caveats.
I am not able to find it, can you please give link
Try this one. It will test the dynamics of your setup. Through the HE-6 this recording distinguished that my ARC D70 is more dynamic than my Copland 504. I only have the CD.
Edited by wuwhere - 5/17/14 at 7:53pm
Did anybody with one of the KSA-5 clones that Mr. Gilmore was working on ever come out with some thoughts/impressions? Seems like an amp with some potential for the HE-6, even if a bit underpowered, given the current knowledge consensus...
Any thoughts? :)
From that other site? Don't Krells sound laid back?
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO! 3 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming,... 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and... 11 minutes ago
- › Does Large Soundstage in Headphones Makes Music Sound Less Musical... 15 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 15 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear