or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 904

post #13546 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


No he's not, some recent developments have confirmed this. But lets keep this off-topic discussion for PM's & keep this  thread free of any negativity.

Punit, keeping with the original thread, have you heard any of the First watt amps/clones ? What made you pick the Cayin?

post #13547 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post
 

Punit, keeping with the original thread, have you heard any of the First watt amps/clones ? What made you pick the Cayin?


I didn't pick the Cayin for the HE 6, they met by chance & it was love at first sight sound. I already had the Cayin, it was the speaker amp in my bedroom set up. Infact I also have a Rotel RB 1080 power amp & was using that initially to drive the HE 6. I also have the AGD Master 2 but don't have the guts to hook the HE 6 to that directly.

 

here is a synopsis of my journey :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12690#post_10372045

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457748

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457964

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10459262

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/13020#post_10478555


Edited by punit - 5/15/14 at 3:27am
post #13548 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


I didn't pick the Cayin for the HE 6, they met by chance & it was love at first sight sound. I already had the Cayin, it was the speaker amp in my bedroom set up. Infact I also have a Rotel RB 1080 power amp & was using that initially to drive the HE 6.

 

here is a synopsis of my journey :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12690#post_10372045

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457748

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457964

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10459262

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/13020#post_10478555

You allow electronic equipment to date ? In your own house ? :biggrin:

post #13549 of 19433

The Cayin has broken up the Polk LSi9 speakers & moved in with HE 6. It has also since then improved its beauty  (NOS Tubes) which has taken it's relationship with HE 6 to another level.


Edited by punit - 5/15/14 at 3:40am
post #13550 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post
 


I didn't pick the Cayin for the HE 6, they met by chance & it was love at first sight sound. I already had the Cayin, it was the speaker amp in my bedroom set up. Infact I also have a Rotel RB 1080 power amp & was using that initially to drive the HE 6. I also have the AGD Master 2 but don't have the guts to hook the HE 6 to that directly.

 

here is a synopsis of my journey :

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12690#post_10372045

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457748

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10457964

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/12975#post_10459262

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/13020#post_10478555

 

 

No worries there.  Have heard the combe and it's a heart throb.  Just make sure (as you already know) to becarful of the volume control and your Dac / Pre amp.

post #13551 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

No worries there.  Have heard the combe and it's a heart throb.  Just make sure (as you already know) to becarful of the volume control and your Dac / Pre amp.

 

 

there is no meat in Jungle that Lion has not tasted :bigsmile_face:

post #13552 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

 

there is no meat in Jungle that Lion has not tasted :bigsmile_face:

 

Krell - I don't know what that taste like yet.  Maybe at the DC Meet..

 

:beerchug:

post #13553 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

 

there is no meat in Jungle that Lion has not tasted :bigsmile_face:

 

Krell - I don't know what that taste like yet.  Maybe at the DC Meet..

 

:beerchug:

 

Sure, it is a juicy steak you would like it.

post #13554 of 19433
Getting the Lavardin back from repair next Monday.
Please join me and pray for it to:
1- work
2- kick ass!
post #13555 of 19433

And be better than the HE-560 / DA8 /A18 combo  :biggrin:

post #13556 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

Getting the Lavardin back from repair next Monday.
Please join me and pray for it to:
1- work
2- kick ass!

That's a lot of dough to drop on an amp your not sure is gonna work. I pray it works out for you.

post #13557 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

And be better than the HE-560 / DA8 /A18 combo  :biggrin:

I didn't set up the OR5 + SA-2 yet. That should make it better already :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradon View Post
 

That's a lot of dough to drop on an amp your not sure is gonna work. I pray it works out for you.

I dropped the dough because I know it work for my Focal Electra 1007Be speakers. It's been approved for a long time now.

The HE-6 has a similar tonality and sound philosophy, so I have high hopes for it.

post #13558 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

I dropped the dough because I know it work for my Focal Electra 1007Be speakers. It's been approved for a long time now.

The HE-6 has a similar tonality and sound philosophy, so I have high hopes for it.

I hear you, hope it works well with both. 

post #13559 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
 

I dropped the dough because I know it work for my Focal Electra 1007Be speakers. It's been approved for a long time now.

The HE-6 has a similar tonality and sound philosophy, so I have high hopes for it.

Nice speakers, The 1038 BE is my dream speaker & would have bought if I hadn't got into this cash sucking HP addiction.

post #13560 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by punit View Post




Well in the spirit of full disclosure : brunk is a head-fi member well versed with DIY audio stuff. He took payments from quite a few Head -Fi members (i would estimate around 15, I am one of them) for DIY projects in Feb / March 2014 & was not heard from on Head-fi since then. One can only speculate as to the reason behind his disappearance.

omg no way! frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone