Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 888
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do not get surprised in you measure 60.0 to 60.5, which makes no sonic difference IMO.
No. You MUST cut approx. 2 mm around the circumference of the plastic ring and it will perfectly fit into the HM5 pad. Otherwise, the plastic ring will be highly squeezed and may be deformed slightly. The original poster provided excellent instructions!!
There is no way to go from 60 so to 39 ohm with hardwiring, without other (?) modding. We are speaking for different wire gauge and fewer solder joints, not different resistor in series, IMO.
So instead of dropping $80 on the vegan pads, sounds like it's prudent to wait for the 560 pads to see how they compare.
I'm simply in the Grandstands watching my HiFiMAN Quarter Racehorse coming out of the backstretch. Clearing the picture, if you would, I've not made any claims about sonics. Nor, will any forthcoming readings in regards to resistance surprise me, whether it hovers around 60 Ohms or drops south. A lower measurement is something I merely would like to see happen.
Gotta meter I can borrow?
Frankly I don't think the impedance/resistance in itself matters such a great deal either, provided L matches R (which it does in my case at least) and we're not talking 100 Ohm differences. But it does indicate that we're still dealing with a comparatively 'artisanal' product imo. That more or less jibes with a video about a factory visit to HifiMan which I saw on the site months ago and where one of the remarks was that some standardisation and coherence in assembly procedures would not be a bad thing.
Hmmm...it seems my curiosity about my cans current resistance is being interpreted as:
- A change in presentation and tonality
- It matters a great deal
- Will make my tea taste better
Have I got that right?
Gang, this is one member's enthusiasm for wanting to know the cans' current state. You know how we do in this hobby...wanting to know all the dirt. I do like the dialogue, though.
My main reason for hardwiring was to be able to use my Q cables and all my home made 4 pin mini XLR cables.
I'm missing two things right now...dinner and digital meter! I'm looking forward to letting y'all know what I ate and what I measured.
Inside my listening room I've both quality and quantity of power. The resistance of my beloved HE-6 is more or less fact finding...no worries, really.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 22 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 31 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 37 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 47 seconds ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › New here, looking for headphone advice. 1 minute ago
- › Driving directly from the PC 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon (Final Run) 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear