Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 888
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do not get surprised in you measure 60.0 to 60.5, which makes no sonic difference IMO.
No. You MUST cut approx. 2 mm around the circumference of the plastic ring and it will perfectly fit into the HM5 pad. Otherwise, the plastic ring will be highly squeezed and may be deformed slightly. The original poster provided excellent instructions!!
There is no way to go from 60 so to 39 ohm with hardwiring, without other (?) modding. We are speaking for different wire gauge and fewer solder joints, not different resistor in series, IMO.
So instead of dropping $80 on the vegan pads, sounds like it's prudent to wait for the 560 pads to see how they compare.
I'm simply in the Grandstands watching my HiFiMAN Quarter Racehorse coming out of the backstretch. Clearing the picture, if you would, I've not made any claims about sonics. Nor, will any forthcoming readings in regards to resistance surprise me, whether it hovers around 60 Ohms or drops south. A lower measurement is something I merely would like to see happen.
Gotta meter I can borrow?
Frankly I don't think the impedance/resistance in itself matters such a great deal either, provided L matches R (which it does in my case at least) and we're not talking 100 Ohm differences. But it does indicate that we're still dealing with a comparatively 'artisanal' product imo. That more or less jibes with a video about a factory visit to HifiMan which I saw on the site months ago and where one of the remarks was that some standardisation and coherence in assembly procedures would not be a bad thing.
Hmmm...it seems my curiosity about my cans current resistance is being interpreted as:
- A change in presentation and tonality
- It matters a great deal
- Will make my tea taste better
Have I got that right?
Gang, this is one member's enthusiasm for wanting to know the cans' current state. You know how we do in this hobby...wanting to know all the dirt. I do like the dialogue, though.
My main reason for hardwiring was to be able to use my Q cables and all my home made 4 pin mini XLR cables.
I'm missing two things right now...dinner and digital meter! I'm looking forward to letting y'all know what I ate and what I measured.
Inside my listening room I've both quality and quantity of power. The resistance of my beloved HE-6 is more or less fact finding...no worries, really.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 59 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Southwestern Michigan Meet - Kalamazoo Jan/Feb 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 2 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack w/Speedball and Extra Tubes 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear