- 1,648 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Los Angeles (SGV), CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 884
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't find original photos. Please take a look here for photos (text = in Greek), post #465:
Edited by StryGR - 5/3/14 at 1:24pm
Here are pad comparisons, pretty detailed. It's interesting how he rated the valour high, my other one that sounds recessed has valour. Now, I'm gonna have to switch out the pads and see if it sounds like mine.
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 1:28pm
Audeze vegans here. Haven't yet taped the pads to the mounting thingamabob yet, hope to do that soon (today, maybe). Love the comfort, definitely has an impact on the sound, still trying to figure out if I like what it does to the highs...
Take out the cotton stuffing behind the grills and it will open those highs right up!
Strongly considering it, actually. I think I'm going to wait until after the Nashville meet first, but I'll be following your advice shortly thereafter, I'm guessing
I've had my HE-6 for about a week now, probably mostly burned in. Does anyone else find that HE-6 bass is a little aggressive compared to the Audezes? It seems just a touch fatiguing to me, a little too punchy.
W..what if you don't have fingernails at the moment?
I guess you'd have to wait a week without trimming them before attempting this deed of grill removal.
So I have pictures of the difference between the old one and the new one I just bought. The new one sounds better.
Notice the difference on the joint?
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 7:05pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › What does coloured sound mean? 25 seconds ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › IFI IDSD micro, wich headphones do you prefer to use with iDSD micro? 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 7 minutes ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...