- 1,239 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Los Angeles (SGV), CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would a Meier Corda Prehead MK2 SE drive a HE-6? Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/26/14 at 7:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 884
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't find original photos. Please take a look here for photos (text = in Greek), post #465:
Edited by StryGR - 5/3/14 at 1:24pm
Here are pad comparisons, pretty detailed. It's interesting how he rated the valour high, my other one that sounds recessed has valour. Now, I'm gonna have to switch out the pads and see if it sounds like mine.
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 1:28pm
Audeze vegans here. Haven't yet taped the pads to the mounting thingamabob yet, hope to do that soon (today, maybe). Love the comfort, definitely has an impact on the sound, still trying to figure out if I like what it does to the highs...
Take out the cotton stuffing behind the grills and it will open those highs right up!
Strongly considering it, actually. I think I'm going to wait until after the Nashville meet first, but I'll be following your advice shortly thereafter, I'm guessing
I've had my HE-6 for about a week now, probably mostly burned in. Does anyone else find that HE-6 bass is a little aggressive compared to the Audezes? It seems just a touch fatiguing to me, a little too punchy.
W..what if you don't have fingernails at the moment?
I guess you'd have to wait a week without trimming them before attempting this deed of grill removal.
So I have pictures of the difference between the old one and the new one I just bought. The new one sounds better.
Notice the difference on the joint?
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 7:05pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 52 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › Do I need a portable amp? 2 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for headphones+dac+amp under 500$ 4 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison: Focal Spirit Classic & Sennheiser HD380Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)