- 1,300 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Los Angeles (SGV), CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Foreword As the creator of the Titan 1 thread on head-fi, I have most of the information given here placed in the thread; however, this review is a coalescing and enhancement of the various...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 884
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't find original photos. Please take a look here for photos (text = in Greek), post #465:
Edited by StryGR - 5/3/14 at 1:24pm
Here are pad comparisons, pretty detailed. It's interesting how he rated the valour high, my other one that sounds recessed has valour. Now, I'm gonna have to switch out the pads and see if it sounds like mine.
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 1:28pm
Audeze vegans here. Haven't yet taped the pads to the mounting thingamabob yet, hope to do that soon (today, maybe). Love the comfort, definitely has an impact on the sound, still trying to figure out if I like what it does to the highs...
Take out the cotton stuffing behind the grills and it will open those highs right up!
Strongly considering it, actually. I think I'm going to wait until after the Nashville meet first, but I'll be following your advice shortly thereafter, I'm guessing
I've had my HE-6 for about a week now, probably mostly burned in. Does anyone else find that HE-6 bass is a little aggressive compared to the Audezes? It seems just a touch fatiguing to me, a little too punchy.
W..what if you don't have fingernails at the moment?
I guess you'd have to wait a week without trimming them before attempting this deed of grill removal.
So I have pictures of the difference between the old one and the new one I just bought. The new one sounds better.
Notice the difference on the joint?
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 7:05pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Member Introductions thread 19 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 53 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3