- 1,222 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Los Angeles (SGV), CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 884
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't find original photos. Please take a look here for photos (text = in Greek), post #465:
Edited by StryGR - 5/3/14 at 1:24pm
Here are pad comparisons, pretty detailed. It's interesting how he rated the valour high, my other one that sounds recessed has valour. Now, I'm gonna have to switch out the pads and see if it sounds like mine.
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 1:28pm
Audeze vegans here. Haven't yet taped the pads to the mounting thingamabob yet, hope to do that soon (today, maybe). Love the comfort, definitely has an impact on the sound, still trying to figure out if I like what it does to the highs...
Take out the cotton stuffing behind the grills and it will open those highs right up!
Strongly considering it, actually. I think I'm going to wait until after the Nashville meet first, but I'll be following your advice shortly thereafter, I'm guessing
I've had my HE-6 for about a week now, probably mostly burned in. Does anyone else find that HE-6 bass is a little aggressive compared to the Audezes? It seems just a touch fatiguing to me, a little too punchy.
W..what if you don't have fingernails at the moment?
I guess you'd have to wait a week without trimming them before attempting this deed of grill removal.
So I have pictures of the difference between the old one and the new one I just bought. The new one sounds better.
Notice the difference on the joint?
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 7:05pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 17 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware's Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)