- 1,471 Posts. Joined 4/2010
- Location: Los Angeles (SGV), CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 884
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Couldn't find original photos. Please take a look here for photos (text = in Greek), post #465:
Edited by StryGR - 5/3/14 at 1:24pm
Here are pad comparisons, pretty detailed. It's interesting how he rated the valour high, my other one that sounds recessed has valour. Now, I'm gonna have to switch out the pads and see if it sounds like mine.
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 1:28pm
Audeze vegans here. Haven't yet taped the pads to the mounting thingamabob yet, hope to do that soon (today, maybe). Love the comfort, definitely has an impact on the sound, still trying to figure out if I like what it does to the highs...
Take out the cotton stuffing behind the grills and it will open those highs right up!
Strongly considering it, actually. I think I'm going to wait until after the Nashville meet first, but I'll be following your advice shortly thereafter, I'm guessing
I've had my HE-6 for about a week now, probably mostly burned in. Does anyone else find that HE-6 bass is a little aggressive compared to the Audezes? It seems just a touch fatiguing to me, a little too punchy.
W..what if you don't have fingernails at the moment?
I guess you'd have to wait a week without trimming them before attempting this deed of grill removal.
So I have pictures of the difference between the old one and the new one I just bought. The new one sounds better.
Notice the difference on the joint?
Edited by SilverEars - 5/3/14 at 7:05pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Ibasso DX80 1 minute ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 7 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2