Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 865

post #12961 of 14788

initially but decided to go with Mod-Oppo 105 instead to combine CD/SACD with DAC for a cleaner look

 

 

was reading up on the DAC when I came across the amp


Edited by snapple10 - 4/11/14 at 4:10am
post #12962 of 14788

my source to the amp 105D with Dan's magic

post #12963 of 14788

OOO yaeh.  Interested in that myself.  Would you still a  preamp with the combo?

post #12964 of 14788

AMR might be the preamp to the Liquid Gold, hoping for a summer run for the gold

 

 a very patient friend has been educating me on preamps , not 100% sure i still get it :)

 

but for now, Ciunas to the AMR AM 777 till the 105D gets here 

post #12965 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post
 

AMR might be the preamp to the Liquid Gold, hoping for a summer run for the gold

 

 a very patient friend has been educating me on preamps , not 100% sure i still get it :)

 

but for now, Ciunas to the AMR AM 777 till the 105D gets here 

 

So can you control the volume with the AM-777?

post #12966 of 14788

yes, per manual/ reviews.  I should have it next week and find out for sure

 

like the idea of internal DAC too so can just plug in my MAC and listening , my one box solution


Edited by snapple10 - 4/11/14 at 4:31am
post #12967 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple10 View Post
 

my source to the amp 105D with Dan's magic

Congrats... you/re leaving winter behind in a big way! 

post #12968 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post
 
You get the felt from Michael's Arts & Crafts stores. There should be some in your city. And much cheaper than that Amazon stuff too (I got em for like $2 per big sheet).

 

Found felt in local Michael's Arts & Crafts store and just now I completed fuzzor mod. It takes lot of time, particularly smoothing out each edge of the felt, but worth all the effort. 

 

The soundstage with Audeze pads was immense, but also overstated. With fuzzor mod, soundstage is little contained and amount of layering presented is much better...I can hear different sounds at different depths.

 

Thanks for suggesting this mod

 

 

I first started with outlining all these cutouts on the back paper of the felt

 

 

Cut each line one at a time and carefully applying them on HE-6

 

post #12969 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post

Found felt in local Michael's Arts & Crafts store and just now I completed fuzzor mod. It takes lot of time, particularly smoothing out each edge of the felt, but worth all the effort. 

The soundstage with Audeze pads was immense, but also overstated. With fuzzor mod, soundstage is little contained and amount of layering presented is much better...I can hear different sounds at different depths.

Thanks for suggesting this mod




I first started with outlining all these cutouts on the back paper of the felt




Cut each line one at a time and carefully applying them on HE-6


How do we install Audeze pads onto the HE6?
post #12970 of 14788

This is how I did it, did not wanted to stick the pads to HE-6 using taps as I like to change pads sometimes, so used the Stock pads  plastic rings.

 

 

Pic 1

 

 

Pic 2

 

 

Pic 3

 

 

Step 1-> the leather material at the backside, fold it backwards slowly as seen in PIC 2. Make sure you only see the black cloth on the backside of the Audeze pads 

Step 2-> Use Crazy glue to stick the Audeze plastic rings on black cloth first. Wait for 3 min for glue to take effect

Step 3 -> Remove the Hifiman plastic rings from stock pad

Step 4-> Use Crazy glue to stick HifiMan plastic rings on top of Audeze plastic rings, after this step it should like like Pic 1. Wait for 3 min for glue to take effect

Step 5-> Slowly bring back the leather material on top of both rings as shown in Pic 3

 

once done attach Audeze pad to HE-6 as you do with stock pads.

post #12971 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

Found felt in local Michael's Arts & Crafts store and just now I completed fuzzor mod. It takes lot of time, particularly smoothing out each edge of the felt, but worth all the effort. 

 

The soundstage with Audeze pads was immense, but also overstated. With fuzzor mod, soundstage is little contained and amount of layering presented is much better...I can hear different sounds at different depths.

 

Thanks for suggesting this mod

 

 

I first started with outlining all these cutouts on the back paper of the felt

 

 

Cut each line one at a time and carefully applying them on HE-6

 

Looks great! Very neatly done.

post #12972 of 14788

My newly hardwired HE-6 will be on the truck tomorrow out for delivery. Well, I guess I could have waited :rolleyes: 'til after delivery to announce but... I'm excited!

post #12973 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

My newly hardwired HE-6 will be on the truck tomorrow out for delivery. Well, I guess I could have waited :rolleyes: 'til after delivery to announce but... I'm excited!


Can be excited for you too!

 

Keep us updated which I'm sure you will anyway.

post #12974 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post
 


Can be excited for you too!

 

Keep us updated which I'm sure you will anyway.

I shall I shall. Next up... modding the HE-Adapter.

post #12975 of 14788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhgourami View Post


Can be excited for you too!

Keep us updated which I'm sure you will anyway.

+1

beerchug.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone