Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 824

post #12346 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicinmymind View Post
 

 

what about First Watt M2 120V, it is little bit cheaper

I had an M2 to use with the he-6.  it has plenty of juice, but a very different presentation than the other first watt amps.  i think it reported on it earlier in the thread. the amp does many good things, but it is different than the f amps.  i would converse with mark at reno hifi about it and think about whether it is what you want.  for me, i thought it was a little to flat on the attack, particularly with piano.  voices are fabulous.  it is good value for money if you like the approach of the amp, and having the 30-day return policy at reno makes it an easier decision.  

post #12347 of 14910

:blink: Laptop amps... HD800s... Whispering willows? :thumb: Flaws or no, it seems the HiFiMAN HE-6 is not for you. 

 

:wink_face: Next!

post #12348 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:blink: Laptop amps... HD800s... Whispering willows? :thumb: Flaws or no, it seems the HiFiMAN HE-6 is not for you. 

 

:wink_face: Next!

 

 

:beerchug:

post #12349 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc11028 View Post
 

I had an M2 to use with the he-6.  it has plenty of juice, but a very different presentation than the other first watt amps.  i think it reported on it earlier in the thread. the amp does many good things, but it is different than the f amps.  i would converse with mark at reno hifi about it and think about whether it is what you want.  for me, i thought it was a little to flat on the attack, particularly with piano.  voices are fabulous.  it is good value for money if you like the approach of the amp, and having the 30-day return policy at reno makes it an easier decision.  

 

 

Mark is the BOMB..   

 

A Great guy..

post #12350 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

:blink: Laptop amps... HD800s... Whispering willows? :thumb: Flaws or no, it seems the HiFiMAN HE-6 is not for you. 

 

:wink_face: Next!

 

I agree. If I'm going to need a huge amplifier around whenever I want to listen to music, I might as well just use high-end speakers.

post #12351 of 14910

Why does the HE-6 thread reek of O2 marketing slogans? :rolleyes: 

It seems alot of those guys who take it hook, line and sinker feel the need to spread it like a prophecy. Please contain yourself sir.


Edited by brunk - 2/28/14 at 8:25am
post #12352 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag8908 View Post
 

 

I agree. If I'm going to need a huge amplifier around whenever I want to listen to music, I might as well just use high-end speakers.

 

It needn't be huge, just needs to be right. :wink:

post #12353 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

Why does the HE-6 thread reek of O2 marketing slogans? :rolleyes: 

It seems alot of those guys who take it hook, line and sinker feel the need to spread it like a prophecy. Please contain yourself sir.

But teh O2 Is the last amp that you'll ever need for anything ever!!!!!!

 

which is exactly why I sold mine

post #12354 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

 

 

Shifting gears a bit, I'd like to go back in time some. Not long ago, the thread discussed the variances with impedance for our cans ranging from 45-70 Ohms (I think). But I cannot remember why this is so. I came in at 61 Ohms for both stock and custom cables.

post #12355 of 14910
And that is your preference. And as it it fine to suggest it. It is even more obvious to,others that there is far better amps to buy without breaking the bank. We all could flaunt some of the hiend stuff we have. But at high price points they should be better. But there is plenty of choices offered here that are not really expensive and far exceed the sound quality of that amp. And the he 6 is most likely no being used by people here .

Al
post #12356 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

 

Shifting gears a bit, I'd like to go back in time some. Not long ago, the thread discussed the variances with impedance for our cans ranging from 45-70 Ohms (I think). But I cannot remember why this is so. I came in at 61 Ohms for both stock and custom cables.

We were checking out impedance because out of both curiosity, and to help calculate power requirements. I still have the hardest to drive HE-6 at 70 ohms :tongue:

You might be second though...

post #12357 of 14910
Is that for one channel or both ?
I just measured mine at 60 ohms each side with the wire on .
al
post #12358 of 14910
How are you measuring. Can we get detail instructions so that we can replicate.
post #12359 of 14910
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 

We were checking out impedance because out of both curiosity, and to help calculate power requirements. I still have the hardest to drive HE-6 at 70 ohms :tongue:

You might be second though...

 

:thumb: I'm so happy for you! 

 

Yes, I remember the rhyme & reason. But the w-i-d-e range among our cans isn't clear. Could HiFiMAN do better to narrow this range? It seems it would help a lot especially for those who haven't/won't measure their cans and take the 50 Ohms impedance at face value.

post #12360 of 14910
And this is why some people say an amp is ok and others it's not. . There is a big difference in power requirements with these headphones .

I love the cans. But I do not know of anything made with a tolerance like this .

Al
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone