Thank you for the answers...I know nothing about electronics and have 2 left hands but am eager to learn at least the theoretical basics. 'The art of Electronics' by Paul Horowitz just landed on my desk. Hefty tome, I'll have something to do other than browse the net during my long nights (I'm cursed with only needing 4 hours' sleep).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 818
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/26/14 at 10:21pm
Heard my HE-6 off the speaker taps of a Luxman integrated amp today (110W/channel, will need to search up the model name later). Yegods wow. Listened to the Abyss off a few different amps too, preferred the HE-6. The Abyss made distorted guitars sound slightly polite and lacked the bass impact/slam and dynamics overall in comparison. Of course may not have been the best pairings for the Abyss, but on each it had very much the same character to my ears, so I don't know that any substantial changes would be expected. Converted a few guys instore over the course of the afternoon (to both the HE-6 and speaker amps), I think the salesman was wishing they sold HiFiMan headphones.
can we assume that "Yegods wow" means it is better than the Taurus?
How much voltage would you suggest?
While I can't speak for Potterma, 18-20v is a reasonable number. Current limiting/clipping is the main limitation though.
Edited by brunk - 2/27/14 at 8:27am
Yep, better than the Taurus. I spent some time listening via their Taurus so I could try a few DACs afterwards and the Taurus still sounded mighty fine, good enough that you'd never feel like you were missing out on anything when listening via the Taurus if you hadn't just tried it on something better if you know what I mean (I won't be pining for a better amp pairing when I return home to my Taurus, put it that way).
I really enjoyed seeing the guy who had been listening to the Abyss for an hour keep coming back to the HE-6, he'd pop them on and keep saying things like 'this is so impressive', and my favourite quote - 'I'm a believer now'.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/27/14 at 1:42pm
Why? space more than anything - my desk is small enough as it is :P
It's not as bad as i make it sound; just funny more than anything - may look at custom built~
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 20 seconds ago
- › Westone W80 45 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 1 minute ago
- › Recommend me a set of extremely comfortable closed-back on-ear... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...