Thank you for the answers...I know nothing about electronics and have 2 left hands but am eager to learn at least the theoretical basics. 'The art of Electronics' by Paul Horowitz just landed on my desk. Hefty tome, I'll have something to do other than browse the net during my long nights (I'm cursed with only needing 4 hours' sleep).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Review: Massdrop X HIFIMAN HE350 Introduction It has been such a vibrant time in the Massdrop landscape, as they have been able to create successful collaborations with respected...
INTRODUCTION This is my 2nd product from Shozy. I purchased Shozy Alien Gold Edition and loved the product so much so that I put my sincere appreciation of releasing such a great DAP to...
Introduction – The first Soundlink Mini was quite an important product in the portable Bluetooth speaker landscape, it was one of the first speakers to use two opposing passive radiators and also...
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 818
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/26/14 at 10:21pm
Heard my HE-6 off the speaker taps of a Luxman integrated amp today (110W/channel, will need to search up the model name later). Yegods wow. Listened to the Abyss off a few different amps too, preferred the HE-6. The Abyss made distorted guitars sound slightly polite and lacked the bass impact/slam and dynamics overall in comparison. Of course may not have been the best pairings for the Abyss, but on each it had very much the same character to my ears, so I don't know that any substantial changes would be expected. Converted a few guys instore over the course of the afternoon (to both the HE-6 and speaker amps), I think the salesman was wishing they sold HiFiMan headphones.
can we assume that "Yegods wow" means it is better than the Taurus?
How much voltage would you suggest?
While I can't speak for Potterma, 18-20v is a reasonable number. Current limiting/clipping is the main limitation though.
Edited by brunk - 2/27/14 at 8:27am
Yep, better than the Taurus. I spent some time listening via their Taurus so I could try a few DACs afterwards and the Taurus still sounded mighty fine, good enough that you'd never feel like you were missing out on anything when listening via the Taurus if you hadn't just tried it on something better if you know what I mean (I won't be pining for a better amp pairing when I return home to my Taurus, put it that way).
I really enjoyed seeing the guy who had been listening to the Abyss for an hour keep coming back to the HE-6, he'd pop them on and keep saying things like 'this is so impressive', and my favourite quote - 'I'm a believer now'.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/27/14 at 1:42pm
Why? space more than anything - my desk is small enough as it is :P
It's not as bad as i make it sound; just funny more than anything - may look at custom built~
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 12 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 21 seconds ago
- › What is the successor of the CD??? 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 1 minute ago
- › Woodied SR125e 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › HTC one M 10 vs LG V10 in audio quality 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse