Thank you for the answers...I know nothing about electronics and have 2 left hands but am eager to learn at least the theoretical basics. 'The art of Electronics' by Paul Horowitz just landed on my desk. Hefty tome, I'll have something to do other than browse the net during my long nights (I'm cursed with only needing 4 hours' sleep).
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 818
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/26/14 at 10:21pm
Heard my HE-6 off the speaker taps of a Luxman integrated amp today (110W/channel, will need to search up the model name later). Yegods wow. Listened to the Abyss off a few different amps too, preferred the HE-6. The Abyss made distorted guitars sound slightly polite and lacked the bass impact/slam and dynamics overall in comparison. Of course may not have been the best pairings for the Abyss, but on each it had very much the same character to my ears, so I don't know that any substantial changes would be expected. Converted a few guys instore over the course of the afternoon (to both the HE-6 and speaker amps), I think the salesman was wishing they sold HiFiMan headphones.
can we assume that "Yegods wow" means it is better than the Taurus?
How much voltage would you suggest?
While I can't speak for Potterma, 18-20v is a reasonable number. Current limiting/clipping is the main limitation though.
Edited by brunk - 2/27/14 at 8:27am
Yep, better than the Taurus. I spent some time listening via their Taurus so I could try a few DACs afterwards and the Taurus still sounded mighty fine, good enough that you'd never feel like you were missing out on anything when listening via the Taurus if you hadn't just tried it on something better if you know what I mean (I won't be pining for a better amp pairing when I return home to my Taurus, put it that way).
I really enjoyed seeing the guy who had been listening to the Abyss for an hour keep coming back to the HE-6, he'd pop them on and keep saying things like 'this is so impressive', and my favourite quote - 'I'm a believer now'.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/27/14 at 1:42pm
Why? space more than anything - my desk is small enough as it is :P
It's not as bad as i make it sound; just funny more than anything - may look at custom built~
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... just now
- › Band Name Game II 1 second ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 10 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 4 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 5 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: Fall 2016 5 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...