That looks pretty badass. I always have a thing for big caps and big irons
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
I had the privilege of giving a listen to these beauties through work, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for it. I'll go through the gamut on this and tell you about packaging, comfort, sound,...
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 806
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We all hear differently though. Like that very popular AnaxMod with the Hd800, tried it and like the stock form better
To me though, putting several revisions of the same headphone (aka mods) is like saying "We don't know what we are doing with our headphones, so we give you several choices, whatever works best for you" . Imagine first time buyers' reaction when they see there's He6 Bronze, He6 Silver Edition, He6 Gold edition, He6 Platinum Edition, He6 Signature Platinum with Rhodium cable version
@ StryGR - Thanks!
@ ALRAINBOW - Read about the amp on 6moons (I believe it was) some moons back. But not actually listened to it.
Hehe, you too?
The instruments have more isolation but it doesn't impact the resonances of non electric instruments. They sound like HiFiMan presentation. I'm getting familiar with the 6 again but next week I'll take them down to Darryl's audio dungeon for a comparison to his. His are hardwired so the cable will be different from the XLR to the drivers. Otherwise, we get to hear what the felt and grill changes do in real time.
Cool! I'd like to see Darryl's "dungeon"
I don't think this mod is perfect. I'd experiment with the grill more. While the openness is a different presentation, it doesn't mean it's the best. I'd want to play with different grill material's openness and damping because now there's no need for damping. The good thing about these mods are they are reversible. If you want to experiment or put back to default, you can. There's no physically damning process to the headphone (unless you hardwire a cable to them). The felt covering of the magnet plating and frame may not have been considered. But I like the presentation with it on and am sharing my experience.
I agree too, it's not the best, but it does address some important things like better headstage and some loss of high frequency reflections. The main problem I have with the overall mod is that it's a little distant sounding. I think going with angled HifiMan pads instead of Audeze pads may yield the result I'm looking for. The overall mods do reduce fatigue during long sessions though, so its in the right direction IMO.
What nits do you have to pick with the mods?
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 32 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › NEED HELP: Replacement Earpads for Plantronics Backbeat Pro (1st Gen) 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Playstation 4 Pro is Out! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG's new K872? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Parrot Zik 1.0 Dimensions? 3 minutes ago
- › New Dignis XSette X7 leather case 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear