- 8,993 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those of you interested in a speaker amp to headphones adapter box, I am offering to build the Robinette v3 box for $94 shipped in you live in continental USA since I have been getting alot of PMs about it. I need atleast 4 more people to sign up for interest to make it possible.
What, you're not busy enough?
Thank you, and you're welcome!
I have 6 confirmed orders now folks. I am going to bed soon, but I am sure the rest will fill up tomorrow. First come, first serve.
Also on the list, was just scratching my head about connecting the HE-6 to the F3 I have on order so this was a godsend, not to mention a bargain compared to some other solutions I found on the web.
Just match the impedance to the output tap of your amp. Or get that autoformer that you keep thinking about and divide your headphone load, plus you'll have the bragging rights of being the first person to go down that particular road of madness
Edited by Armaegis - 2/14/14 at 11:09pm
Hi to all! This is my first post in this forum. I'm an addicted (recent) owner of its majesty, HE-6! Connected to my heavily-modified McCormack DNA-0.5 power amp, Hifimans blew my mind regarding what was possible from a pair of phones. My previous set were Senns HD-650, also connected to the power amplifier (always a believer for this connection), but switching to Hifimans were a real shock! You already know it ( :) ). My question is whether Hifiman is benefited from a break in, toward the "taming" of upper mids / treble. The latter are super clear and involving, but sometimes - even after about 30 hours playing - female voices may be a bit annoying, especially in crescendos. No problem with the rest of the spectrum though.
Yes, according to the manual they need 150 hours iirc. Personally I detected a significant change which for me was essentially complete after about 50 hours. But the treble is with some types of music a bit too much, go back a number of pages in the thread and you'll read posts about all sorts of mods to improve upon this. Didn't try them myself. But my advice: wait until the warranty expires.
Now go support your fellow countrymen and get the Lindell AMPX
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › New Inear Prophile-8 31 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 3 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 7 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 9 minutes ago
- › Micro iPhono2 - Only everything has been improved 10 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 11 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear