- 8,990 Posts. Joined 10/2006
- Location: Limbo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 797
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For those of you interested in a speaker amp to headphones adapter box, I am offering to build the Robinette v3 box for $94 shipped in you live in continental USA since I have been getting alot of PMs about it. I need atleast 4 more people to sign up for interest to make it possible.
What, you're not busy enough?
Thank you, and you're welcome!
I have 6 confirmed orders now folks. I am going to bed soon, but I am sure the rest will fill up tomorrow. First come, first serve.
Also on the list, was just scratching my head about connecting the HE-6 to the F3 I have on order so this was a godsend, not to mention a bargain compared to some other solutions I found on the web.
Just match the impedance to the output tap of your amp. Or get that autoformer that you keep thinking about and divide your headphone load, plus you'll have the bragging rights of being the first person to go down that particular road of madness
Edited by Armaegis - 2/14/14 at 11:09pm
Hi to all! This is my first post in this forum. I'm an addicted (recent) owner of its majesty, HE-6! Connected to my heavily-modified McCormack DNA-0.5 power amp, Hifimans blew my mind regarding what was possible from a pair of phones. My previous set were Senns HD-650, also connected to the power amplifier (always a believer for this connection), but switching to Hifimans were a real shock! You already know it ( :) ). My question is whether Hifiman is benefited from a break in, toward the "taming" of upper mids / treble. The latter are super clear and involving, but sometimes - even after about 30 hours playing - female voices may be a bit annoying, especially in crescendos. No problem with the rest of the spectrum though.
Yes, according to the manual they need 150 hours iirc. Personally I detected a significant change which for me was essentially complete after about 50 hours. But the treble is with some types of music a bit too much, go back a number of pages in the thread and you'll read posts about all sorts of mods to improve upon this. Didn't try them myself. But my advice: wait until the warranty expires.
Now go support your fellow countrymen and get the Lindell AMPX
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › I am new here pls help!! 1 minute ago
- › SE846 vs Audeze Sine 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-RX900 modifications, a picture tutorial. (56k, forget about... 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear