Seems, Xenophon isn't the only member I need to check up on...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 794
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I picked up a Pioneer SX-880 for a co-worker via AK. I tested it with some speakers and did the HE-6 test too. It was awesome. I don't want to let it go, but I'll be in real trouble then.
Lemme guess, a pair of horn speakers that take up half of your floor space? I'll let you guys know come the 15th...but I'm sweetening the pill by way of a private dinner in a restaurant that she's been asking me to visit with her for the past 4 months (I eat out professionally 3-4 times/week so during my spare time I tend to dodge restaurant visits, no matter how good the place is supposed to be).
I am enjoying using my Imac and macbook for files using Amara and aurdirvana on them. I have not tried the Jrivers yet. i am also using the Oppo BDP 105 DAC with the imac and very happy with the results. The sabre dacs are really nicely done. I will try some separate Dacs in the coming months and see the differences.. Using the LCD X and Alpha dogs frequently lately and Dan done a super job with this last tweak he did on these cans. Excellent and they now have a soundstage. Nicely done
You need to check out the Bricasti M1. It is expensive (not as much as a WA-234) but it is built like a tank, beautiful and sounds great.
When I went from my old Wadia 27 to the M1 was a big improvement and the Wadia 27 is not a slush.
No, it's held on my music PC, but it is backed up on my super rig. Off-the-shelf NAS is nice, but things get complicated (hardware specs) if you want to get into multiple HD streaming and continuous backups. My platform is very fast and flexible, except the fact I am using RAID-5, so I cannot upgrade my space one HDD at a time. It requires all HDDs to have the same size. If you want HDD flexibility, a Drobo, a DIY un-RAID or similar is the way to go.
unRAID is definitely the way to go. I use a 24 bay Norco case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811219038 filled with 2TB drives.
Currently upgrading all the 2TB drives to 4TB drives - one at a time. The good thing about unRAID is that you can use different size drives all through.
I only use 2 of the bays for music and only as a backup. My NAS is very busy with movies and TV shows for the rest of the Fam. Sometimes I get buffering when the NAS is very busy. So now I use a dedicated C.A.P.S. with 2 4TB drives in the storage unit for music only.
Nothing special about it really. The draw is a design that is made to be easy to install and performance that is unmatched at its price. Most of the issues people have with the more expensive boutique type music server is bloated, proprietary software that isn't well supported. After talking it over with Darryl I made the decision to pick up a CAPS and it was a huge difference in my musical listening. I was using a custom gaming computer before with fans, moving parts (HDs), and of course no USB filtering. With the caps you have the benefit of noise and jitter filtering throughout your entire signal. One of the best investments I've made in this hobby thus far for sure.
+1 For sure..
Following up on my post 11816 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/11816):
I purchased a FirstWatt F3 to drive my HE-6 from Reno HiFi, Mark there (and members here) gave some excellent advice. At the time I was wondering if the FirstWatt F4, which is essentially a current gain amplifier (power buffer, no voltage gain at all) would also work. Mark wasn't 100% sure. I ordered the F3 (going to be mid April before I can get my greedy paws on it and compare with my Vio V200, aaarrggghhh). I kept wondering and fired off a mail to Nelson Pass, figuring that he'd know for sure as he's the designer of the amp, just received a reply; quote from Mr. Pass' mail:
Thanks Xenophon for posting that for future reference. Thinking out loud here.... I wonder if we could send Preproman and Happy Camper our various Pass amps to test with the HE-6 and report back on their findings. That would be pretty epic!
Because both of you live nearby, two are better than one, and that you both have some pretty high end gear including a deep understanding of the HE-6
Well, maybe everyone wouldn't be up for doing it, but would you be down for a F5 demo? I'm going to eventually get my mitts on some Aleph J and F4 boards too...
Edited by brunk - 2/13/14 at 3:02pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › On a mission to like jazz 49 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 7 minutes ago
- › [WTS/WTT] HiFiMan Edition X 8 minutes ago
- › request: budget balanced sounding earphones 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › Sysconcept IC Toslink-to-MiniPlug (AK to Mojo) 10 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 11 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...