I did it. Couldn't resist buying an HE6 on sale on evil bay to complement my Woo WA5. I pulled the trigger. I hope this will be a very good match... it better be.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 783
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or you just didn't like that particular pairing. Wattage isn't all that matters.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/8/14 at 7:46am
Is that using the headphone jack of the SX or the speaker terminals?
Vlach, it was thru the headphone jack.
My neighbor is selling his 3 months old Mcintosh D100 for 1500$, he got it new and rarely used it. His recording studio did not kick off as planned, it has 3 years transferable warranty.
If I buy it will replace bifrost -> lyr as dac+preamp for Emotiva UPA-200 -> HE-6. Problem is he is not allowing me check with Emotiva and HE-6, I did try with HD650 for a short time and it sounds as good bifrost->lyr->HD650, if not better.
Please suggest, using D100 as DAC+ Preamp would be substantial upgrade compared to Bifrost->Lyr on HE-6 setup. This would be my end game in DAC, will not be able to afford a replacement for long long time.
Check about the warranty with McIntosh first because it is my understanding that McIntosh warranties are not transfarable.
You are running a Bitfrost/Lyr then through the UPAs/HE-6.
You want to replace the Bitfrost/Lyr with the D100 & Emo UPA-200s.
IMO, if you can spring for the Mac through the 200s, it's going to be a sonic upgrade you'll wow over. There are better amps but what you have will content you for a long time if not completely. Preproman had similar Emo amps and liked them until the space heater came to the audio dungeon.
I don't know that amp but if you were listening through the headphone jack, are you sure the full 5W were available? Many headphone jacks turn down the available power to a huge extent, they need to be usable with all kinds of cans.
Thanks guys, I look forward to the HE6 very much. I hope it would quench my thirst for the time being before I get Stax hungry. Though my dissatisfaction with my current cans (HD800) lessened after I EQ'd foobar and found that tamed HD800's treble peak making it a lot more listenable (albeit losing some top end sparkle). Will report with HE6 pairing with WA5 when I receive it.
DG, I bought the U52 under your excellent recommendation I'd say it shaped the sound just as much as the 300B (which is 50% more expensive).
Edited by lojay - 2/9/14 at 5:21am
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SennGrado Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 8 minutes ago
- › EarWerkz "Supra" The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor 9 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › New Releases 2015 - No Records Released Before 2015 11 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Shipping in May 12 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 15 minutes ago
- › FS: Centrance Mini-M8 DSD DAC/Amp w/upgraded cables, Mint! 16 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 17 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 17 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2