I did it. Couldn't resist buying an HE6 on sale on evil bay to complement my Woo WA5. I pulled the trigger. I hope this will be a very good match... it better be.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HE-6 vs HD800 Last post on 6/10/14 at 2:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- The Real Deal Beats Thread Last post on 5/30/14 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 783
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or you just didn't like that particular pairing. Wattage isn't all that matters.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/8/14 at 7:46am
Is that using the headphone jack of the SX or the speaker terminals?
Vlach, it was thru the headphone jack.
My neighbor is selling his 3 months old Mcintosh D100 for 1500$, he got it new and rarely used it. His recording studio did not kick off as planned, it has 3 years transferable warranty.
If I buy it will replace bifrost -> lyr as dac+preamp for Emotiva UPA-200 -> HE-6. Problem is he is not allowing me check with Emotiva and HE-6, I did try with HD650 for a short time and it sounds as good bifrost->lyr->HD650, if not better.
Please suggest, using D100 as DAC+ Preamp would be substantial upgrade compared to Bifrost->Lyr on HE-6 setup. This would be my end game in DAC, will not be able to afford a replacement for long long time.
Check about the warranty with McIntosh first because it is my understanding that McIntosh warranties are not transfarable.
You are running a Bitfrost/Lyr then through the UPAs/HE-6.
You want to replace the Bitfrost/Lyr with the D100 & Emo UPA-200s.
IMO, if you can spring for the Mac through the 200s, it's going to be a sonic upgrade you'll wow over. There are better amps but what you have will content you for a long time if not completely. Preproman had similar Emo amps and liked them until the space heater came to the audio dungeon.
I don't know that amp but if you were listening through the headphone jack, are you sure the full 5W were available? Many headphone jacks turn down the available power to a huge extent, they need to be usable with all kinds of cans.
Thanks guys, I look forward to the HE6 very much. I hope it would quench my thirst for the time being before I get Stax hungry. Though my dissatisfaction with my current cans (HD800) lessened after I EQ'd foobar and found that tamed HD800's treble peak making it a lot more listenable (albeit losing some top end sparkle). Will report with HE6 pairing with WA5 when I receive it.
DG, I bought the U52 under your excellent recommendation I'd say it shaped the sound just as much as the 300B (which is 50% more expensive).
Edited by lojay - 2/9/14 at 5:21am
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 11 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 40 seconds ago
- › The 3D Printer Thread! :D 1 minute ago
- › iPad mini + camera connection kit + Dac = : ) 2 minutes ago
- › First ever 8-driver / side silicone CIEMs: the Harmony 8 and 8Pro... 4 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 4 minutes ago
- › 2014 CanJam @ RMAF (October 10-12, 2014): The CanJam exhibitor list... 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)