I did it. Couldn't resist buying an HE6 on sale on evil bay to complement my Woo WA5. I pulled the trigger. I hope this will be a very good match... it better be.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 783
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or you just didn't like that particular pairing. Wattage isn't all that matters.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/8/14 at 7:46am
Is that using the headphone jack of the SX or the speaker terminals?
Vlach, it was thru the headphone jack.
My neighbor is selling his 3 months old Mcintosh D100 for 1500$, he got it new and rarely used it. His recording studio did not kick off as planned, it has 3 years transferable warranty.
If I buy it will replace bifrost -> lyr as dac+preamp for Emotiva UPA-200 -> HE-6. Problem is he is not allowing me check with Emotiva and HE-6, I did try with HD650 for a short time and it sounds as good bifrost->lyr->HD650, if not better.
Please suggest, using D100 as DAC+ Preamp would be substantial upgrade compared to Bifrost->Lyr on HE-6 setup. This would be my end game in DAC, will not be able to afford a replacement for long long time.
Check about the warranty with McIntosh first because it is my understanding that McIntosh warranties are not transfarable.
You are running a Bitfrost/Lyr then through the UPAs/HE-6.
You want to replace the Bitfrost/Lyr with the D100 & Emo UPA-200s.
IMO, if you can spring for the Mac through the 200s, it's going to be a sonic upgrade you'll wow over. There are better amps but what you have will content you for a long time if not completely. Preproman had similar Emo amps and liked them until the space heater came to the audio dungeon.
I don't know that amp but if you were listening through the headphone jack, are you sure the full 5W were available? Many headphone jacks turn down the available power to a huge extent, they need to be usable with all kinds of cans.
Thanks guys, I look forward to the HE6 very much. I hope it would quench my thirst for the time being before I get Stax hungry. Though my dissatisfaction with my current cans (HD800) lessened after I EQ'd foobar and found that tamed HD800's treble peak making it a lot more listenable (albeit losing some top end sparkle). Will report with HE6 pairing with WA5 when I receive it.
DG, I bought the U52 under your excellent recommendation I'd say it shaped the sound just as much as the 300B (which is 50% more expensive).
Edited by lojay - 2/9/14 at 5:21am
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Headphone reccommendations for extended use. 15 seconds ago
- › Lotoo Paw Blue Case Mint 2 minutes ago
- › Mint Campfire Andromeda 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 165, RS 175, RS 185, RS 195 - Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Reference headphones with adequate bass response 5 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...