I did it. Couldn't resist buying an HE6 on sale on evil bay to complement my Woo WA5. I pulled the trigger. I hope this will be a very good match... it better be.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 783
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Or you just didn't like that particular pairing. Wattage isn't all that matters.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/8/14 at 7:46am
Is that using the headphone jack of the SX or the speaker terminals?
Vlach, it was thru the headphone jack.
My neighbor is selling his 3 months old Mcintosh D100 for 1500$, he got it new and rarely used it. His recording studio did not kick off as planned, it has 3 years transferable warranty.
If I buy it will replace bifrost -> lyr as dac+preamp for Emotiva UPA-200 -> HE-6. Problem is he is not allowing me check with Emotiva and HE-6, I did try with HD650 for a short time and it sounds as good bifrost->lyr->HD650, if not better.
Please suggest, using D100 as DAC+ Preamp would be substantial upgrade compared to Bifrost->Lyr on HE-6 setup. This would be my end game in DAC, will not be able to afford a replacement for long long time.
Check about the warranty with McIntosh first because it is my understanding that McIntosh warranties are not transfarable.
You are running a Bitfrost/Lyr then through the UPAs/HE-6.
You want to replace the Bitfrost/Lyr with the D100 & Emo UPA-200s.
IMO, if you can spring for the Mac through the 200s, it's going to be a sonic upgrade you'll wow over. There are better amps but what you have will content you for a long time if not completely. Preproman had similar Emo amps and liked them until the space heater came to the audio dungeon.
I don't know that amp but if you were listening through the headphone jack, are you sure the full 5W were available? Many headphone jacks turn down the available power to a huge extent, they need to be usable with all kinds of cans.
Thanks guys, I look forward to the HE6 very much. I hope it would quench my thirst for the time being before I get Stax hungry. Though my dissatisfaction with my current cans (HD800) lessened after I EQ'd foobar and found that tamed HD800's treble peak making it a lot more listenable (albeit losing some top end sparkle). Will report with HE6 pairing with WA5 when I receive it.
DG, I bought the U52 under your excellent recommendation I'd say it shaped the sound just as much as the 300B (which is 50% more expensive).
Edited by lojay - 2/9/14 at 5:21am
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie help: Audeze Sine vs Meze 99 Classics vs V-Moda XS/M-80/100... 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 7 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 9 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear