or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 776

post #11626 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Wild View Post
 

They're really good speakers from what I understand.  I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer.  I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.

The Fritz do not need a subwoofer . the bass is 32 hz on these puppies. I am perfectly satisfied with the bass out of these speakers.  This model is still not released yet. They are suer sounding speakers and made well Fritz did a super job with these.

 

I am doing a full review won these.

post #11627 of 19433
Just received the HE-6, haven't tried it yet. Looking at the supplied accessories I don't see how I can connect the cable to speaker amp terminals...do I need to purchase a separate cable or adaptor?
post #11628 of 19433

Yes, either a custom cable with the correct terminations or an adapter from the 4-pin XLR.

post #11629 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Yes, either a custom cable with the correct terminations or an adapter from the 4-pin XLR.

Got it, thanks. Any suggestions on products/vendors?
post #11630 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


Got it, thanks. Any suggestions on products/vendors?

If you don't plan on using the 1/4" jack adapter, you can transform it to a 4-pin XLR -> banana (the cable has 4 wires inside the Jack, so it is very easy).

post #11631 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post


Got it, thanks. Any suggestions on products/vendors?

 

Lots of places can make a cable for you, others can probably chime in with suggestions. DIY is also a good (and cheap) option.

 

I got my adapter from Moon-Audio.

 

I also have a Artemis Arrow cable - this one but made up tp 8ft and with banana terminations: 

 

 

I'm probably looking to sell this one actually, since I am now running the HE-6 of the Auralic Taurus and don't need the speaker tap terminations as such (and I'll keep the adapter for occasions where I do want to try it with new speaker amps). PM me if you're interested.


Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/30/14 at 2:29pm
post #11632 of 19433
Cables
Ted Allen headphone lounge
Cheap prices quality cables silver multi stand
He can make any thing you wish.

Al
post #11633 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Cables
Ted Allen headphone lounge
Cheap prices quality cables silver multi stand
He can make any thing you wish.

Al

I haven't heard the stock cable so I can't speak to improvement but the HE-6 with the solid core silver cable I have from headphone lounge sounds great and his customer service is top notch. If anything breaks on the cable it's only $20 + shipping to get it repaired. 

post #11634 of 19433
There you go. We pay way to much for our products
And the aftermarket cables are a must
He is very reasonable and a friend too
Thanks for chiming in.

Al
post #11635 of 19433
Thanks for all the advice guys really appreciate it. I will explore these options. I would prefer to keep the 1/4 jack for regular connections (who knows, maybe I will be satisfied with the headphone jack on my CR-2020) or future use.

NZtechfreak, thank you, I will also consider your cable. Btw, where did you get these beautiful brown velours pads?
Edited by vlach - 1/30/14 at 2:46pm
post #11636 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post

Thanks for all the advice guys really appreciate it. I will explore these options. I would prefer to keep the 1/4 jack for regular connections (who knows, maybe I will be satisfied with the headphone jack on my CR-2020) or future use.

NZtechfreak, thank you, I will also consider your cable. Btw, where did you get these beautiful brown velours pads?

I didn't, that's the Artemis cables picture. I think those are the Audeze vegan pads, which can be purchased from them directly.
post #11637 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

I didn't, that's the Artemis cables picture. I think those are the Audeze vegan pads, which can be purchased from them directly.

Cool, thanks. I want those!
post #11638 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post
 

The Fritz do not need a subwoofer . the bass is 32 hz on these puppies. I am perfectly satisfied with the bass out of these speakers.  This model is still not released yet. They are suer sounding speakers and made well Fritz did a super job with these.

 

I am doing a full review won these.

 

Sounds fantastic.  Please let me know when you finish the review, I can't wait to read it!

post #11639 of 19433
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
THIS is what is concerning me. I would prefer to have a headphone that offers a different character to the 009's (hence why I have TH900's). Maybe I am making the wrong decision getting an HE-6?
post #11640 of 19433
You are reading the comment wrong. He means the quality as compared. . The two headphones are totally different. But both fantastic.

Al
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone