yeah i've heard a few things about the WES as well and unfortunately, its. probably true, if only it sounded as good as it looks....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 775
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly, who knows what to believe. Considering the subjective testimonies of many praising the WES and supposed expert in the field...I'm inclined to not make any decisions until the day if I can ever afford a BHSE. But then again I am not unhappy with my rig.
Iguess you need to listen with you own ears and then decide if its good or not. i been listening to theWES all morning with the 404LE and I find no fault with the WES. I thinks is sounds dynamic and drives the Stax headphone easily.
I guess you're right Frank. In the world of dacs - NOS dacs are not supposed to work and must sound awful on paper...yet I for one loved a NOS dac I had which sounded, frankly, better than it had any right to.
I try to use opinions as a starting point for what I think may interest me. I make the decision if its right for me . Many time what is right for me is completely wrong for someone else and visa versa.
This has been my experience. I've heard the WES many times and the BHSE many times as well. However, never side by side. Each time the WES left me waiting more. Each time the BHSE was very, very satisfying,. I never heard the Electra all thought I would love to. But for me and to my ears the WES is not on the same level as the BHSE technically or sonically.
The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
The WA5 would sure be neat, it can drive speakers also - I love the sound of SET though never heard the 300B. What other tube amps work will that you may have heard with the HE-6?
How do you get a good connection with the cable? I cannot get the left channel to stay on. It was working last night but the second I set them down it cut out and reinstalling the cable doesn't help. My amp isn't powerful enough to blow drivers and I was very careful with them so I'm pretty sure it's the cable. The right side works fien
I am driving the 88DB fritz Carbon 7 SE with the WA65 and it sounds incredible. The amp is putting out 8-10 watts into the 8 ohm speakers. It play very loud and i listen mostly at the 89 position on the dial so I am one third up.
They're really good speakers from what I understand. I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer. I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 46 seconds ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 2 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 3 minutes ago
- › ZMF Vibro MKII - Zebra/Cornflower(Burst)/Stardust Sliders (PRICE... 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 9 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...