yeah i've heard a few things about the WES as well and unfortunately, its. probably true, if only it sounded as good as it looks....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 8/11/15 at 4:48pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 12/31/15 at 5:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
INTRODUCTION I have received FiiO DK1 directly from FiiO company in exchange for my honest opinion (as you will surely find out soon). BACKGROUND This will be short, since you don't...
I do like this headphone quite a bit although I'll be the first to say that I have a soft spot for Beyer phones being my first taste of the audiophile world. This is a review of a...
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 775
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly, who knows what to believe. Considering the subjective testimonies of many praising the WES and supposed expert in the field...I'm inclined to not make any decisions until the day if I can ever afford a BHSE. But then again I am not unhappy with my rig.
Iguess you need to listen with you own ears and then decide if its good or not. i been listening to theWES all morning with the 404LE and I find no fault with the WES. I thinks is sounds dynamic and drives the Stax headphone easily.
I guess you're right Frank. In the world of dacs - NOS dacs are not supposed to work and must sound awful on paper...yet I for one loved a NOS dac I had which sounded, frankly, better than it had any right to.
I try to use opinions as a starting point for what I think may interest me. I make the decision if its right for me . Many time what is right for me is completely wrong for someone else and visa versa.
This has been my experience. I've heard the WES many times and the BHSE many times as well. However, never side by side. Each time the WES left me waiting more. Each time the BHSE was very, very satisfying,. I never heard the Electra all thought I would love to. But for me and to my ears the WES is not on the same level as the BHSE technically or sonically.
The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
The WA5 would sure be neat, it can drive speakers also - I love the sound of SET though never heard the 300B. What other tube amps work will that you may have heard with the HE-6?
How do you get a good connection with the cable? I cannot get the left channel to stay on. It was working last night but the second I set them down it cut out and reinstalling the cable doesn't help. My amp isn't powerful enough to blow drivers and I was very careful with them so I'm pretty sure it's the cable. The right side works fien
I am driving the 88DB fritz Carbon 7 SE with the WA65 and it sounds incredible. The amp is putting out 8-10 watts into the 8 ohm speakers. It play very loud and i listen mostly at the 89 position on the dial so I am one third up.
They're really good speakers from what I understand. I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer. I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
- › Hello, I'd love some suggestions. 37 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDSD w/ All Original Accessories, Case, and Box 7 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 8 minutes ago
- › My Schiit Bifrost Multibit has no bits 8 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 9 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO Multifunction Dock (DK1) by OSiRiSsk
- › beyerdynamic DT 1770 PRO Studio Headphones by Soundsgoodtome
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...