yeah i've heard a few things about the WES as well and unfortunately, its. probably true, if only it sounded as good as it looks....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 9/16/14 at 12:28pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 775
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly, who knows what to believe. Considering the subjective testimonies of many praising the WES and supposed expert in the field...I'm inclined to not make any decisions until the day if I can ever afford a BHSE. But then again I am not unhappy with my rig.
Iguess you need to listen with you own ears and then decide if its good or not. i been listening to theWES all morning with the 404LE and I find no fault with the WES. I thinks is sounds dynamic and drives the Stax headphone easily.
I guess you're right Frank. In the world of dacs - NOS dacs are not supposed to work and must sound awful on paper...yet I for one loved a NOS dac I had which sounded, frankly, better than it had any right to.
I try to use opinions as a starting point for what I think may interest me. I make the decision if its right for me . Many time what is right for me is completely wrong for someone else and visa versa.
One thing I will say the hE6 sounds terrific on my WA5. The two are meant for each other amp drives them easily and musically.
This has been my experience. I've heard the WES many times and the BHSE many times as well. However, never side by side. Each time the WES left me waiting more. Each time the BHSE was very, very satisfying,. I never heard the Electra all thought I would love to. But for me and to my ears the WES is not on the same level as the BHSE technically or sonically.
The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
The WA5 would sure be neat, it can drive speakers also - I love the sound of SET though never heard the 300B. What other tube amps work will that you may have heard with the HE-6?
How do you get a good connection with the cable? I cannot get the left channel to stay on. It was working last night but the second I set them down it cut out and reinstalling the cable doesn't help. My amp isn't powerful enough to blow drivers and I was very careful with them so I'm pretty sure it's the cable. The right side works fien
I am driving the 88DB fritz Carbon 7 SE with the WA65 and it sounds incredible. The amp is putting out 8-10 watts into the 8 ohm speakers. It play very loud and i listen mostly at the 89 position on the dial so I am one third up.
They're really good speakers from what I understand. I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer. I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 (Like New) 24 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 51 seconds ago
- › WTB: NOS WE421A, WE422A 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TE-05 Japanese Price, Release Date Announced 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)