yeah i've heard a few things about the WES as well and unfortunately, its. probably true, if only it sounded as good as it looks....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Auralic Taurus Last post on 9/22/14 at 9:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 Replacement Schedule Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Would a Meier Corda Prehead MK2 SE drive a HE-6? Last post on 9/22/14 at 6:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/26/14 at 7:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 775
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly, who knows what to believe. Considering the subjective testimonies of many praising the WES and supposed expert in the field...I'm inclined to not make any decisions until the day if I can ever afford a BHSE. But then again I am not unhappy with my rig.
Iguess you need to listen with you own ears and then decide if its good or not. i been listening to theWES all morning with the 404LE and I find no fault with the WES. I thinks is sounds dynamic and drives the Stax headphone easily.
I guess you're right Frank. In the world of dacs - NOS dacs are not supposed to work and must sound awful on paper...yet I for one loved a NOS dac I had which sounded, frankly, better than it had any right to.
I try to use opinions as a starting point for what I think may interest me. I make the decision if its right for me . Many time what is right for me is completely wrong for someone else and visa versa.
One thing I will say the hE6 sounds terrific on my WA5. The two are meant for each other amp drives them easily and musically.
This has been my experience. I've heard the WES many times and the BHSE many times as well. However, never side by side. Each time the WES left me waiting more. Each time the BHSE was very, very satisfying,. I never heard the Electra all thought I would love to. But for me and to my ears the WES is not on the same level as the BHSE technically or sonically.
The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
The WA5 would sure be neat, it can drive speakers also - I love the sound of SET though never heard the 300B. What other tube amps work will that you may have heard with the HE-6?
How do you get a good connection with the cable? I cannot get the left channel to stay on. It was working last night but the second I set them down it cut out and reinstalling the cable doesn't help. My amp isn't powerful enough to blow drivers and I was very careful with them so I'm pretty sure it's the cable. The right side works fien
I am driving the 88DB fritz Carbon 7 SE with the WA65 and it sounds incredible. The amp is putting out 8-10 watts into the 8 ohm speakers. It play very loud and i listen mostly at the 89 position on the dial so I am one third up.
They're really good speakers from what I understand. I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer. I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 14 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 48 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How come if a Headphone has deep and strong bass is not considered... 6 minutes ago
- › Easiest way to volume match during a ABx comparison? 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3