yeah i've heard a few things about the WES as well and unfortunately, its. probably true, if only it sounded as good as it looks....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 3/23/15 at 7:25pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 775
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Honestly, who knows what to believe. Considering the subjective testimonies of many praising the WES and supposed expert in the field...I'm inclined to not make any decisions until the day if I can ever afford a BHSE. But then again I am not unhappy with my rig.
Iguess you need to listen with you own ears and then decide if its good or not. i been listening to theWES all morning with the 404LE and I find no fault with the WES. I thinks is sounds dynamic and drives the Stax headphone easily.
I guess you're right Frank. In the world of dacs - NOS dacs are not supposed to work and must sound awful on paper...yet I for one loved a NOS dac I had which sounded, frankly, better than it had any right to.
I try to use opinions as a starting point for what I think may interest me. I make the decision if its right for me . Many time what is right for me is completely wrong for someone else and visa versa.
This has been my experience. I've heard the WES many times and the BHSE many times as well. However, never side by side. Each time the WES left me waiting more. Each time the BHSE was very, very satisfying,. I never heard the Electra all thought I would love to. But for me and to my ears the WES is not on the same level as the BHSE technically or sonically.
The HE-6 / F1J sounds the closest to the BHSE / 009 that I've heard.
The WA5 would sure be neat, it can drive speakers also - I love the sound of SET though never heard the 300B. What other tube amps work will that you may have heard with the HE-6?
How do you get a good connection with the cable? I cannot get the left channel to stay on. It was working last night but the second I set them down it cut out and reinstalling the cable doesn't help. My amp isn't powerful enough to blow drivers and I was very careful with them so I'm pretty sure it's the cable. The right side works fien
I am driving the 88DB fritz Carbon 7 SE with the WA65 and it sounds incredible. The amp is putting out 8-10 watts into the 8 ohm speakers. It play very loud and i listen mostly at the 89 position on the dial so I am one third up.
They're really good speakers from what I understand. I'm thinking of moving away from bookshelves because of the difficulty of matching a subwoofer. I'm thinking of just getting full rangers save the headache and call it day.
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Great wings at Hooters last night 1 minute ago
- › Hey guys, I need suggestions because I dont want to spend my money... 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2