Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 754

post #11296 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post
 

:eek:

 

That's like me saying I'm letting go my HE-6.  Wait, anything is possible...

 

Hint:  I really like the Alpha Dogs better than the TH900.  YMMV..

 

That's because you like the HE-6 more than the TH-900. :D

post #11297 of 15486
I am not goofing on someone's choice or opinion but. The Breyer anything is not in the same league as the hifiman. You now how I know this, it's simple I do not own own. Lol.

He6 lives on !!!

Al
post #11298 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I am not goofing on someone's choice or opinion but. The Breyer anything is not in the same league as the hifiman. You now how I know this, it's simple I do not own own. Lol.

He6 lives on !!!

Al

LOL :tongue_smile:

post #11299 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluker View Post
 

Those look like the Lawton pads for Denon's old D series. I am using my original Denon pads from the D7k which I sold to a buddy with the Lawton pads. From what I recall the difference between the pads was that the Lawton pads gave everything more detail but reduced the bass impact.

Please let us know if these are a worthy mod (I have tried original leather and fiber, LCD-2 leather, Bayer pleather Hm5 pleather, and these original Denon pads). So far I still find the original fiber my favorite and the Denon a close second.

 

What kind of padding is that on the headband? Looks comfy

post #11300 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

 

i might just end up with 3 or 4 headphones, the LCD-X, the HD 800, the TH-900 and wait for the new hifiman, or i might just keep the HE-6 since i really like that headphone.

 

the T1 will go since without the WA2 its not the same, and the HD 800 seems to sound better with the GSX MK2. I'm gonna kinda miss it, but its also a headphone i don't give much listening now since its too bright without tubes. been getting used to the audeze and hifiman sound.

 

Selling my T1 also, there just isn't really anything where I like it more than the HE-6, too nice a headphone to gather dust at my place when someone else will love it.

post #11301 of 15486

It is comfy, and makes the headphone a much better fit. I wish Fang would have used models with a smaller head than his to design the HE-6 headband.

The pad came off a cheap gaming headphone (I think Altec Lancing) that I used for parts in a Magnum build. I keep looking for the same pad but still no luck. 

post #11302 of 15486

Just dropping in to say hi. Been awhile but what happened to Silent One plan to plug the He6 into the monstrous Sansui? :eek:

 

post #11303 of 15486
I have a good feeling he's stuck there basshead.gif
post #11304 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post
 

Just dropping in to say hi. Been awhile but what happened to Silent One plan to plug the He6 into the monstrous Sansui? :eek:

 

 

Where you been khaine?  Got the AMR in and the Lampi on loan:eek:

post #11305 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post
 

Just dropping in to say hi. Been awhile but what happened to Silent One plan to plug the He6 into the monstrous Sansui? :eek:

 

900x900px-LL-71152121_TeamSansui2-Copy.jpeg

 

:thumb: Welcome back and "Happy 2014!" We roll out the Sansui and leash up the HiFiMANs (via speaker taps) every 7-10 days. With Shindo Labs seeing most of the duty three to four nights a week.

post #11306 of 15486
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

 

oh ill be selling a few others as well to downsize, also thinking of trying the X and maybe getting a custom colored HD 800

 

Quietly, I'm on "TH-900 watch" out in :rolleyes:Chicago. And I'm looking forward to hearing the "X" & "XC" later this week.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluker View Post
 

Those look like the Lawton pads for Denon's old D series. I am using my original Denon pads from the D7k which I sold to a buddy with the Lawton pads. From what I recall the difference between the pads was that the Lawton pads gave everything more detail but reduced the bass impact.

 

 

 

:thumb: My exact experience! But long term, not sure I'll stick widit.... gimme back my BASS! :mad: 

post #11307 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaine1711 View Post
 

Just dropping in to say hi. Been awhile but what happened to Silent One plan to plug the He6 into the monstrous Sansui? :eek:

 

900x900px-LL-71152121_TeamSansui2-Copy.jpeg

 

:thumb: Welcome back and "Happy 2014!" We roll out the Sansui and leash up the HiFiMANs (via speaker taps) every 7-10 days. With Shindo Labs seeing most of the duty three to four nights a week.

Holy smokes, that thing is a beast..

post #11308 of 15486

92 lbs... :p

post #11309 of 15486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

92 lbs... :p

Yeah, that's no joke! I certainly would put it on a roller like you have too lol. Can't talk much, busy soldering some First Watt F5's for the crew! :L3000:

post #11310 of 15486

so thats where you were

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunk View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

92 lbs... :p

Yeah, that's no joke! I certainly would put it on a roller like you have too lol. Can't talk much, busy soldering some First Watt F5's for the crew! :L3000:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone