- 1,174 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: At the venue
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-XC vs HiFiMan He-6 Last post on 2/13/15 at 8:13pm in High-end Audio Forum
- HiFiMAN Focus Pads durability concerns Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:40am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- 2nd pair of cans Last post on 1/7/15 at 9:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- HiFiMan he-560 vs he-6 size Last post on 11/18/14 at 8:43am in Headphones (full-size)
- Destroyed my HE-400, what to get now? Last post on 10/24/14 at 1:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
The Start This review is part of the Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour organized by White Lotus and made possible by Sennheiser Australia . Many thanks to White Lotus for his...
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 741
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My pads finally arrived yesterday. Last night, I replaced the HiFiMAN Scooter pies with some Lawton Audio Biscuits. Too early to hand down any praise or indictments. Though, I do suspect a couple of trade-offs that could prove less than thrilling if things don't change.
I'm temporarily experiencing hearing issues - I'm a bit congested and my hearing is lacking clarity and focus. Perhaps, I'll learn more in a week.
You too? I suppose it's that time of the year...
Right after my hearing recovered I decided I wanted something halfway the 500s and 4s... Here come the 5LEs
Surprisingly, I don't feel sick. Just my hearing is not right. Maybe I'm successfully getting through something. So, how did I spend the holidays? Longing for my Zeus re-cabled Denon D7000! And its sub. Still waiting to hear the TH-900.
The HE-6 does nice tuneful Bass. But when I turn it up, I need something that can shovel a bit. When my hearing returns, I'm putting the HiFiMANs on the clock. Perhaps, they'll buy more time....
Yes! Make them as light as my Fostex headphones...
Of course that has nothing to do with sound and more to do with my overall enjoyment.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/4/14 at 11:14am
If you want more soundstage, get Audeze Vegan pads.
For the next iteration, I'd prefer that they are less efficient. There is a decent number of us with power amps ready to handle anything
For those of us who are 'all-in' that would be a good option.
Perhaps a choice of sensitivities could be offered for the redesign?
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Havi B6 ! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Garage 1217 "Project Ember" VS Schiit Lyr 2 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 9 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3