- 1,174 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: At the venue
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread Last post on 7/22/14 at 12:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Head-Direct HE-6 Orthodynamic Headphone Last post on 1/21/11 at 6:35am in Headphones (full-size)
- Whatever happened to the HiFiMan dynamic headphone? Last post on 8/1/11 at 7:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does it get much better than the HD800? Last post on 11/22/13 at 3:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 741post #11101 of 142201/3/14 at 3:14pmWhy is the day going by sooo slow..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 142201/3/14 at 3:15pmpost #11103 of 142201/3/14 at 10:56pm
My pads finally arrived yesterday. Last night, I replaced the HiFiMAN Scooter pies with some Lawton Audio Biscuits. Too early to hand down any praise or indictments. Though, I do suspect a couple of trade-offs that could prove less than thrilling if things don't change.
I'm temporarily experiencing hearing issues - I'm a bit congested and my hearing is lacking clarity and focus. Perhaps, I'll learn more in a week.post #11104 of 142201/3/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
You too? I suppose it's that time of the year...post #11105 of 142201/3/14 at 11:31pmFunny I had this last year! I had the good fortune of owning both the HE-500 and the HE-4 back then. I just switched to the 4s and got some great moments!
Right after my hearing recovered I decided I wanted something halfway the 500s and 4s... Here come the 5LEspost #11106 of 142201/3/14 at 11:32pm
Surprisingly, I don't feel sick. Just my hearing is not right. Maybe I'm successfully getting through something. So, how did I spend the holidays? Longing for my Zeus re-cabled Denon D7000! And its sub. Still waiting to hear the TH-900.
The HE-6 does nice tuneful Bass. But when I turn it up, I need something that can shovel a bit. When my hearing returns, I'm putting the HiFiMANs on the clock. Perhaps, they'll buy more time....post #11107 of 142201/4/14 at 7:39ampost #11108 of 142201/4/14 at 8:18ampost #11109 of 142201/4/14 at 11:03ampost #11110 of 142201/4/14 at 11:07amQuote:
Yes! Make them as light as my Fostex headphones...
Of course that has nothing to do with sound and more to do with my overall enjoyment.post #11111 of 142201/4/14 at 11:11amExact same sound signature, wee bit more soundstage (although can't rule out that a better amp might improve that, will know come February during my trip to Melbourne). The sound is perfection to my ears otherwise. The goal of a redesign for me would be to replicate the sound in an easier to drive can, with possibly a little more comfort (I find them fine, but it's a relatively common problem for others), a better cable connection (ideally the same one Audeze use). I wouldn't say no to a closed HE-6 either, If you're listening Fang.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/4/14 at 11:14ampost #11112 of 142201/4/14 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by NZtechfreak
If you want more soundstage, get Audeze Vegan pads.
For the next iteration, I'd prefer that they are less efficient. There is a decent number of us with power amps ready to handle anythingpost #11113 of 142201/4/14 at 11:49amQuote:
For those of us who are 'all-in' that would be a good option.
Perhaps a choice of sensitivities could be offered for the redesign?post #11114 of 142201/4/14 at 11:54amThe felt and grill mods for the 6 tweak both the energetic highs and soundstage expansion. Though for a larger soundstage, you'd have to listen to large group material. For small venue, acoustic sound and studio recordings, it's pretty good.post #11115 of 142201/4/14 at 12:06pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 19 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 28 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Appreciation Thread. :) 2 minutes ago
- › HD600 cable upgrade - worth it? 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › 2 phones or 1 on a $600 budget? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)