- 1,174 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: At the venue
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/11/10
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-6 + aftermarket cables (priced to move) Last post on 9/10/14 at 11:08pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- MATCHING HEADPHONES, CABLES AND AMPLIFIERS: HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE (Part 1 of 2) Last post on 8/9/14 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why would those with HE-6 prefer speaker amps? Last post on 8/6/14 at 7:53pm in Sound Science
- FS: BNIB Hifiman HE-6 HE6 - free worldwide shipping and paypal fees Last post on 6/30/14 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Synergy between first-party amps & headphones Last post on 6/9/14 at 12:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 741
Gear mentioned in this thread:
My pads finally arrived yesterday. Last night, I replaced the HiFiMAN Scooter pies with some Lawton Audio Biscuits. Too early to hand down any praise or indictments. Though, I do suspect a couple of trade-offs that could prove less than thrilling if things don't change.
I'm temporarily experiencing hearing issues - I'm a bit congested and my hearing is lacking clarity and focus. Perhaps, I'll learn more in a week.
You too? I suppose it's that time of the year...
Right after my hearing recovered I decided I wanted something halfway the 500s and 4s... Here come the 5LEs
Surprisingly, I don't feel sick. Just my hearing is not right. Maybe I'm successfully getting through something. So, how did I spend the holidays? Longing for my Zeus re-cabled Denon D7000! And its sub. Still waiting to hear the TH-900.
The HE-6 does nice tuneful Bass. But when I turn it up, I need something that can shovel a bit. When my hearing returns, I'm putting the HiFiMANs on the clock. Perhaps, they'll buy more time....
Yes! Make them as light as my Fostex headphones...
Of course that has nothing to do with sound and more to do with my overall enjoyment.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/4/14 at 11:14am
If you want more soundstage, get Audeze Vegan pads.
For the next iteration, I'd prefer that they are less efficient. There is a decent number of us with power amps ready to handle anything
For those of us who are 'all-in' that would be a good option.
Perhaps a choice of sensitivities could be offered for the redesign?
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 17 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 38 seconds ago
- › iBasso D10 Cobra Portable DAC / AMP & Op Amp Kit 1 minute ago
- › T-Peos H300 New! 1 minute ago
- › Burson Soloist 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 2 minutes ago
- › «LOVE?problem solution molvi ji 91+9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › love problem solution baba ji in uae 91+9950620150 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)