- 1,169 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: At the venue
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone in NYC kind enough to offer me a chance to listen to LCD-2/HE-6/MD1? Last post on 10/26/11 at 10:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone ever tried M902+LCD-2 combo? Last post on 10/7/11 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mission: Replace the HiFiMAN ear pads with other brand ear pads Last post on Yesterday at 8:45 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Your phones and your style. Last post on 9/10/11 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Shure SRH-840 high-end headphones? Last post on 8/14/11 at 11:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone - Page 741post #11101 of 127061/3/14 at 3:14pmWhy is the day going by sooo slow..
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #11102 of 127061/3/14 at 3:15pmpost #11103 of 127061/3/14 at 10:56pm
My pads finally arrived yesterday. Last night, I replaced the HiFiMAN Scooter pies with some Lawton Audio Biscuits. Too early to hand down any praise or indictments. Though, I do suspect a couple of trade-offs that could prove less than thrilling if things don't change.
I'm temporarily experiencing hearing issues - I'm a bit congested and my hearing is lacking clarity and focus. Perhaps, I'll learn more in a week.post #11104 of 127061/3/14 at 11:20pmQuote:
You too? I suppose it's that time of the year...post #11105 of 127061/3/14 at 11:31pmFunny I had this last year! I had the good fortune of owning both the HE-500 and the HE-4 back then. I just switched to the 4s and got some great moments!
Right after my hearing recovered I decided I wanted something halfway the 500s and 4s... Here come the 5LEspost #11106 of 127061/3/14 at 11:32pm
Surprisingly, I don't feel sick. Just my hearing is not right. Maybe I'm successfully getting through something. So, how did I spend the holidays? Longing for my Zeus re-cabled Denon D7000! And its sub. Still waiting to hear the TH-900.
The HE-6 does nice tuneful Bass. But when I turn it up, I need something that can shovel a bit. When my hearing returns, I'm putting the HiFiMANs on the clock. Perhaps, they'll buy more time....post #11107 of 127061/4/14 at 7:39ampost #11108 of 127061/4/14 at 8:18ampost #11109 of 127061/4/14 at 11:03ampost #11110 of 127061/4/14 at 11:07amQuote:
Yes! Make them as light as my Fostex headphones...
Of course that has nothing to do with sound and more to do with my overall enjoyment.post #11111 of 127061/4/14 at 11:11amExact same sound signature, wee bit more soundstage (although can't rule out that a better amp might improve that, will know come February during my trip to Melbourne). The sound is perfection to my ears otherwise. The goal of a redesign for me would be to replicate the sound in an easier to drive can, with possibly a little more comfort (I find them fine, but it's a relatively common problem for others), a better cable connection (ideally the same one Audeze use). I wouldn't say no to a closed HE-6 either, If you're listening Fang.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 1/4/14 at 11:14ampost #11112 of 127061/4/14 at 11:36amQuote:Originally Posted by NZtechfreak
If you want more soundstage, get Audeze Vegan pads.
For the next iteration, I'd prefer that they are less efficient. There is a decent number of us with power amps ready to handle anythingpost #11113 of 127061/4/14 at 11:49amQuote:
For those of us who are 'all-in' that would be a good option.
Perhaps a choice of sensitivities could be offered for the redesign?post #11114 of 127061/4/14 at 11:54amThe felt and grill mods for the 6 tweak both the energetic highs and soundstage expansion. Though for a larger soundstage, you'd have to listen to large group material. For small venue, acoustic sound and studio recordings, it's pretty good.post #11115 of 127061/4/14 at 12:06pm
- HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014) 39 seconds ago
- › [Pls Help] New Amp+DAC or new Headphone? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 vs Audeze LCD-3 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 7 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude